RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Trump to Propose Deep Cuts to Food Stamps and Medicaid

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Genero36

PostPosted: 05/22/17 8:01 am    ::: Trump to Propose Deep Cuts to Food Stamps and Medicaid Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
President Donald Trump plans to propose $1.7 trillion in cuts to a category of spending that includes major social and entitlement programs for lower-income Americans, as part of an effort to balance the budget within a decade.

The White House will issue a formal budget request Tuesday that includes $274 billion in cuts over 10 years to means-tested anti-poverty programs, including food stamps, according to a Republican congressional aide and a White House document obtained by Bloomberg News.

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2017-05-22/trump-to-propose-deep-cuts-to-anti-poverty-programs-and-medicaid

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 05/22/17 9:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

he's a populist.

i mean wait, that's good, cuz all those people are responsible for the average white american's woes.

fuck those lazy bastards.

we need more subsidies for the oil, gas, coal and pharmaceutical industries and bigger tax breaks for the top 2%.

PostPosted: 05/22/17 12:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
he's a populist.

i mean wait, that's good, cuz all those people are responsible for the average white american's woes.

we need more subsidies for the oil, gas, coal and pharmaceutical industries and bigger tax breaks for the top 2%.

Those who voted for him that are in need of these program are getting what they asked for.

The man simply resents poor people.

PostPosted: 05/24/17 5:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Genero36 wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
he's a populist.

Those who voted for him that are in need of these program are getting what they asked for.

Unfortunately, there are many in Congress and within the country that share this characteristic Confused

PostPosted: 05/24/17 5:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myt wrote:
Genero36 wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
he's a populist.

Unfortunately, there are many in Congress and within the country that share this characteristic Confused

Well of course. Poor people are only poor because they are lazy and want the government to pay them to sit on their asses. If we let them starve, then they would finally have motivation to better themselves instead of sucking at the government's teat, wasting their neighbor's hard earned money that was stolen from them through taxes.

Duh.

/s

PostPosted: 05/25/17 8:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Genero36 wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
he's a populist.

Those who voted for him that are in need of these programs are getting what they asked for.

Trump campaigned on "repeal and replace Obamacare" but he always maintained that it would be better. He said he would reduce the costs but never said anything about reducing how many people were covered.

Quote:

It might be more accurate to say that rich people "resent paying taxes for programs that help poor people". They also seem to just, in general, resent paying taxes for any program other than the military. At least on the Republican side.

Last edited by tfan on 05/25/17 8:57 am; edited 2 times in total
cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 05/25/17 8:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

"Oh, I say and I say it again, ya been had! Ya been took! Ya been hoodwinked! Bamboozled! Led astray! Run amok! This is what He does."

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: