RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

OT: Kate Starbird makes headlines

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ClayK

PostPosted: 05/18/17 10:07 am    ::: OT: Kate Starbird makes headlines Reply Reply with quote

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39930236

PostPosted: 05/18/17 4:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pretty interesting research especially in this day and age of instinct dispersal of information and mis-information.

- Amanda Gorman
Howee

PostPosted: 05/20/17 12:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

MOST interesting. (I always liked Kate!)

Her quote:
Quote:
"When there's no shared reality, there's no set of facts, society at large can become easily manipulated," she says.

....certainly explains a LOTTA things these days! Razz

I DO NOT/will not EVER(?) have a twitter account. I can't fathom any Real Good it serves.

PostPosted: 05/20/17 7:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
I DO NOT/will not EVER(?) have a twitter account. I can't fathom any Real Good it serves.

Twitter is a hoot as long as you don't take it seriously.

PostPosted: 05/20/17 8:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:

I like to use twitter to see people's opinion on things. Now I look at their political postings, but originally I was just looking to see opinions on TV shows, like The Voice/American Idol contestants or performances. You also can search for certain subjects you are interested in and you will see tweets about the latest and greatest things happening (normally links to a website that gives further detail) or just minor things of interest that might be buried deep in web search results.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 05/20/17 10:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Twitter is a good way to get breaking news, political opinion, sports scores, and humor, just for starters. It's also how I keep up with the world of basketball.

PostPosted: 05/20/17 2:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Howee wrote:

I have all the *hoots* I can handle in my life, thankyouverymuch, without any electronic devices needed. Razz Cool

For those of you who posted positives, I simply ask: is your life actually better or more 'cluttered' NOW, than it was in your pre-twitter dayz? Shocked

PostPosted: 05/20/17 4:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
pilight wrote:
Howee wrote:

I have all the *hoots* I can handle in my life, thankyouverymuch, without any electronic devices needed. Razz Cool

For those of you who posted positives, I simply ask: is your life actually better or more 'cluttered' NOW, than it was in your pre-twitter dayz? Shocked

Without ANY electronic devices? Howee, darlin', has it escaped your attention that you are ON an electronic device sending that message? And that you comment on one pretty damn frequently? Perhaps you may need to re-evaluate your comment.

PostPosted: 05/21/17 10:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

heard this interview on local npr station last month:

http://kuow.org/post/uw-professor-tracking-rise-disinformation

pretty in-depth interview (15 min. total)

Howee

PostPosted: 05/21/17 3:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
Howee wrote:
pilight wrote:
Howee wrote:

Without ANY electronic devices? Howee, darlin', has it escaped your attention that you are ON an electronic device sending that message? And that you comment on one pretty damn frequently? Perhaps you may need to re-evaluate your comment.

LOL! I didn't say I never used any, just that I had enough hoots without 'em, including this desktop. But yes, I should have phrased it more accurately: I have all the *hoots* I can handle WITHOUT HOLDING MY BREATH FOR THE NEXT TWIT TO TWEET! Razz Laughing

Now, I understand the Reality that, when the Next Meteorite Crash is pinpointed, or the Trumpageddon is set to commence, I may miss the call to flee for the hills. Somehow, I think I'll welcome the blissful ignorance.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: