RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Who is your favorite bad player?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
petrel

PostPosted: 08/28/17 2:47 pm    ::: Who is your favorite bad player? Reply Reply with quote

We always talk about our favorite players, and generally our favorite players are players that are good, or stand out in some way above the normal.

But who is your favorite bad player? By "bad player" we are talking about someone...on second thought, forget the statistical explanations. We all know who bad players are!

If you were to ask me, who was your favorite player who was really bad, there are a lot of candidates. I liked Chioma Nnamaka because I was really rooting for her to get off the tail end of the bench during those 2008 Atlanta Dream games, but the real Queen of Bad was Kasha Terry, who I believe holds the WNBA record for having fouled out of a game faster than any other player.

For non-Dream players, I'd have to choose Yuko Oga of the Phoenix Mercury and her fractured English. I still remember near the end of a 2008 Dream game against Atlanta, with Phoenix having sealed the win and the clock expiring and Phoenix with the ball, instead of just dribbling out the clock she heaved up a chucker with about three seconds left. Egad. Boy, was I mad. I still blame her for breaking up The Beatles.

My favorite average player is Shalee Lehning. I don't consider her a bad player, but some people might.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/28/17 2:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This might ruffle some feathers but im going with Sammy P ! I secretly rooted for her , we ALL were rooting for her ! Laughing

PostPosted: 08/28/17 3:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I rooted for her when she was in the Dream training camp. After that, no.

There have been so many, I don't know where to start.

I used to love it when Indiana put Clarendon in the game. She would get robbed blind by the Dream guards. Then she was traded to our team and I had to find a new least favorite player.

This year, my favorite bad player has zero points, zero rebounds, zero assists, zero steals and is tied for first with Bone and Wright in the DNP-PD category.

sigur3

PostPosted: 08/28/17 4:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shay Murphy

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 08/28/17 4:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jeanette Pohlen-Mavunga

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: 08/28/17 5:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
This might ruffle some feathers but im going with Sammy P ! I secretly rooted for her , we ALL were rooting for her ! Laughing

So maybe you guys should pick players who were in the league long enough to be considered "bad". Much less a player who made the All Rookie Team and got a vote for Rookie of the Year Rolling Eyes . You know like Matee Ajavon who has shot over 35% only 3 times in 10 years. Now that's a track record. Maybe I'll just have Plum as my bad player, or I could have had Diggins or Vandersloot their first year.

Just because you don't get a chance doesn't make you "bad". If you all think Sammy is a "bad player" you're all blind and have no basketball knowledge. Well I kind of knew that from reading everyone's comments on here anyway..... She's way better than most of these suckass "point guards" in this league.

PostPosted: 08/28/17 5:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And why in the hell are there any bad players in the league anyway? It's 140 players. You mean there isn't 140 good women's players at any one time to play in the "best league in the world"? What if the NBA's 500-something players was dwindled down to 140? It would be unreal, every player would be an all-star practically. It all boils down to the WNBA doesn't care about talent and skill up and down the roster. They want their couple stars per team and then a bunch of do-nothing role players. That's why it's a joke.

PostPosted: 08/28/17 5:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jet Jaguar wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
This might ruffle some feathers but im going with Sammy P ! I secretly rooted for her , we ALL were rooting for her ! :lol:

So maybe you guys should pick players who were in the league long enough to be considered "bad". Much less a player who made the All Rookie Team and got a vote for Rookie of the Year :roll: . You know like Matee Ajavon who has shot over 35% only 3 times in 10 years. Now that's a track record. Maybe I'll just have Plum as my bad player, or I could have had Diggins or Vandersloot their first year.

Just because you don't get a chance doesn't make you "bad". If you all think Sammy is a "bad player" you're all blind and have no basketball knowledge. Well I kind of knew that from reading everyone's comments on here anyway..... She's way better than most of these suckass "point guards" in this league.

That train's never late... #HateHard approved!

Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: 08/28/17 5:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
Jet Jaguar wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

So maybe you guys should pick players who were in the league long enough to be considered "bad". Much less a player who made the All Rookie Team and got a vote for Rookie of the Year Rolling Eyes . You know like Matee Ajavon who has shot over 35% only 3 times in 10 years. Now that's a track record. Maybe I'll just have Plum as my bad player, or I could have had Diggins or Vandersloot their first year.

Neither is the stupidity of the board members on here.

PostPosted: 08/28/17 5:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I would phrase it as "your favorite deep bench player" or "your favorite waived player".

Randy

PostPosted: 08/28/17 7:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
I would phrase it as "your favorite deep bench player" or "your favorite waived player".

Favorite waived player - Erica Wheeler.

Favorite "bad" player - Shoni: some interesting skills, had some big games, but No. D ever, came to camp out of shape twice and didn't show this season at all (DNP-PD). But I still would root for her if she came back.

Favorite Deep Bench player - Jordan Hooper.

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 08/28/17 7:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jet Jaguar wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:

Neither is the stupidity of the board members on here.

So, I can bring this post back up, the next time you're #onhere complaining about name calling, right?

myrtle

PostPosted: 08/28/17 11:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not sure why, but I was always rooting for Ibekwe. Actually I'm always rooting for most of the underdogs. I think it's so cool when they make a team. Kayla Pederson is another one. I can't figure out where she left her offense because she could actually score in college, but I like her. Marginean if anybody remembers her. Right now, I'm hoping Nia Coffey makes it. I also got pretty attached to Temp Hold and that other mystery SAS girl at the beginning of the season. It was tough on me to never even get a glimpse of them.

- Amanda Gorman
Tally24

PostPosted: 08/29/17 8:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kelly Faris, Nakia Sanford when she was with Phoenix, Victoria Dunlap, and I am rooting for Prince this year.
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 08/30/17 7:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ann Strother and Charde Houston because of the lingering pleasure they gave me in their four years of college.
zvyn3

PostPosted: 08/31/17 8:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't like to call any of these players "bad," but people who are considered bad by other people, didn't last as long in the league as I think they should have, or never played much of a role on a team. I really like Sydney Carter, Tiffany Bias, Ify Ibekwe, Sequoia Holmes, Victoria Macaulay, Dawn Evans, Jasmine Lister, and Ameryst Alston.

Last edited by zvyn3 on 04/08/18 12:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
pilight

PostPosted: 08/31/17 8:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Brittainey Raven, because Raven time was the best time in 2010

Raven now works in financial services for Fidelity Investments

PostPosted: 08/31/17 9:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kelly Farris, Ashley Battle, and Ketia Swanier for Uconn reasons.

Shoni and Sammy because they are pretty fun.

PostPosted: 08/31/17 10:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wait, you guys are all listing your all-time favorite bad players? I thought we were just doing active players. I mean, if we're doing all-time favorite bad players, then I'm changing mine to Chelsea Newton. #MFFL

Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: 08/31/17 10:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

With some of the answers, this thread should really be named "Favorite players who didn't become stars or didn't make it in the league." Just because a player is not played that much or didn't get chosen for a team doesn't make them BAD. Some just weren't given a chance. There are players in the league who are actually bad and they've proven it by playing enough to see they aren't good. Faris and Ajavon come to mind. Prahalis is/was not a bad player. You all must be blind or something smdh......

PostPosted: 08/31/17 10:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Brittainey Raven, because Raven time was the best time in 2010

Raven now works in financial services for Fidelity Investments

I always enjoyed the way that her first name had virtually every letter you could throw into a variant of 'Britney' and have it still make sense.

I don't think 'bad' is really fair to most of the players in this thread, but for role players I always liked Erin Buescher/Perperoglou. And I sorta loved to hate Andrea Riley, who was a terrible, terrible player by WNBA standards, but in her head was always Michael Jordan. And it took all those commentators who loved her in college a ridiculously long time to realise she was terrible.

PostPosted: 08/31/17 10:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jet Jaguar wrote:
With some of the answers, this thread should really be named "Favorite players who didn't become stars or didn't make it in the league." Just because a player is not played that much or didn't get chosen for a team doesn't make them BAD. Some just weren't given a chance. There are players in the league who are actually bad and they've proven it by playing enough to see they aren't good. Faris and Ajavon come to mind. Prahalis is/was not a bad player. You all must be blind or something smdh......

Bad is a relative term. Anyone who makes it to the W is better at basketball than 99% of the women in the world. We're talking about players who are/were bad relative to other WNBA players.

PostPosted: 08/31/17 11:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Then their are borderline players who might have a shot at getting on a team but they just end up signing with the wrong team. I am sure they are told that the team wants them but in reality they are just brought in as training camp fodder. Then once they get that reputation they never end up making a roster. Some coaches are actually not the best judges of talent as evidenced by their bad draft choices. I mean we all see cases of teams that seem totally devoid of talent at certain positions but that will not pick up players that are cut by other teams that might be better than the ones that they have. I think the bottom tier players are usually equal in talent and there is not much difference between the 10th and 11th player and the last ones cut.

One player that comes to mind that sort of fits in this category, although she did make the Storm roster one year was, Jacky Gemelos. I think most people always root for her to make a roster.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 08/31/17 11:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jet Jaguar wrote:

Hypocrisy overload alert.

PostPosted: 08/31/17 2:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:

I don't think 'bad' is really fair to most of the players in this thread, but for role players I always liked Erin Buescher/Perperoglou.

Erin twigged me onto Erin Thorne too.

- Amanda Gorman
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: