Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
calbearman76

PostPosted: 08/08/17 11:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Odds for August 8:

Minnesota 7 @Atlanta 164
Connecticut 7 Seattle 169
New York 9 Indiana 158

On 8/8 it seems all games avoided being an 8 point spread. New York is my favorite play of the night. The Liberty is coming off a 5 game road trip in need of a win. Indiana is 3-10 on the road, and has lost those 10 games by an average of 18 points. As the old promotion proclaimed, I love New York. Initially I believed I would like Connecticut. These two teams have switched places from the end of May. At that time Seattle was in the discussion for the 3rd best team and Connecticut was outside the playoffs. How things have changed? And yet the Sun have a few key injuries and UConn West (Stewie, Bird, and KML) is returning home to honor Coach Dailey. Pass. Similarly for Minnesota, the trend would say to take the Lynx laying less than 9, but this is a game where they would have been a double digit favorite save the injury to Whalen and the poor performance against Indiana. As a result there effort could match what they did last time out so I will just pass. So just the one play. Go Liberty.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 08/10/17 6:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Odds of August 10:

Dallas 2.5 Phoenix 171.5
Chicago 6 San Antonio 159.5

Dallas is playing better of late and seems to be making a push to move up in the playoff order. A win today could put them in position to host a first round game. Courtney Paris has been playing well the last few games. Phoenix has yet to win in Dallas since the Wings relocated (0-2) and is 2-4 overall, although they won the last game by 42 points. That was with Brittany Griner. Without her I like the Wings and I like the under.

Chicago and San Antonio were the two worst teams in the league in May and June. When they met on June 30, Chicago was 3-11 and San Antonio was 0-14. In the ensuing 6 weeks the Sky is 7-5 and the Stars are 5-7. The Stars got their first win that night and I suspect the Sky want payback. The Sky have been the worst home team this season at only 3-9, but they are 3-2 in their last 5. I'll take the Sky, and while I lean toward the over, I will pass on the total.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 08/11/17 2:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Odds for August 11:

Atlanta 2.5 New York 159.5
Minnesota 5.5 Los Angeles 162

Atlanta seemed to get some help at the trade deadline, but so far the Dream has been 0-3. Two of the losses came to Minnesota however, and this looks like a good spot for them to get their first win with Boyette and Young. They need it to stay tight in the race for the final playoff spot. I'll take the Dream. Minnesota without Whalen against LA at full strength seems like an even matchup. I suspect that the Lynx will try to amp up the defense so I will play the under.

My record for the year has slipped to 64-49-1 (57%).

calbearman76

PostPosted: 08/12/17 10:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Odds for August 12:

Connecticut 10 Dallas 175.5
Washington 7.5 Indiana 156.5
Atlanta 3 @San Antonio 157.5
Phoenix 4 Seattle 164.5

San Antonio has been playing much better of late and the same can not be said of Atlanta. The Dream made a nice comeback last night but came up short against New York and now have to travel to play a back-to-back game. I like the Stars and the over. Griner is supposed to be back tonight for Phoenix. While I doubt she will play full minutes, I suspect this will help the Mercury as they push for the #5 seed. I'll take the Mercury and the under..

calbearman76

PostPosted: 08/13/17 1:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Odds for August 11:

Los Angeles 2.5 @New York 158.5

Yes, I went 1-3 yesterday as this season turns absolutely average after a wonderful start, but the events in Charlottesville yesterday put everything in perspective. I can win every game the rest of the season or lose every one and it won't matter as long as we have people in this country who believe that they want to relitigate the Civil War more than 150 years after it supposedly ended. My sympathies go out to the families of Heather Heyer, Lt. H Jay Cullen and Berke MM Bates. I can only hope our President comes to his senses and denounces in no uncertain terms the groups responsible for this senseless loss of life and learns that its not just Muslims, Mexicans, North Koreans, Blacks, women, and other people who speak ill of him that can be terrorists.

Having said that, life goes on and so do my picks. Today I ride with the Sparks to hopefully not let down after their performance against the Lynx. I'll take LA.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 08/15/17 1:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Odds for August 15:

Connecticut 4.5 @Atlanta 166.5

Atlanta traded its first round draft pick because it thought they could make the playoffs. Wrong. I'll take the Sun.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 08/16/17 11:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Odds for August 16:

Los Angeles 6 @Washington 158
Minnesota 7 @Seattle 164.5

This is a big game for the Sparks but I'm not sure how much they can really get up for it. I will pass. The Storm put on a scoring show for their new coach in Phoenix. I expect more of the same at home. Minnesota has all but wrapped up the #1 seed so I am not sure of their motivation so I expect they will go along with a high scoring game. I'll take the over.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 08/18/17 2:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Odds for August 18:

Phoenix 3.5 @Washington 161.5
Connecticut 6 New York 167.5
Minnesota 15.5 Indiana 157
Los Angeles 7.5 @Chicago 165
Seattle 9.5 San Antonio 155.5

Connecticut is currently the best team in the WNBA. The Liberty were the last team to beat the Sun and I believe they will get payback. I'll lay the 6. Minnesota should never be a 15.5 point favorite. Even having lost 3 of their last 4 I don't see the Lynx putting a hurting on Indiana. I'll take the Fever. I saw Chicago beat the Sparks in LA. Even though the Sky have been the worst home team in the league they have won their last two and even if they don't win this one, I expect they can stay in this game. I'll take the Sky. I've been burned by the Storm the last two games. Not knowing the status of Sue Bird I can't make a play on this game.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 08/19/17 2:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Odds for August 19:

Dallas 4.5 Atlanta 173

As I continue to make my full turnaround from 70% all the way to 50% (hopefully I won't quite make it there), I have yet another game that looks really good. The Wings are a decent game that has something to play for and Atlanta looks like a team in total disarray. The line is too low. The Wings fly high.

Meanwhile, as the saying goes, when the going gets tough (and man, have things been tough for me lately), the tough get going. So go I shall. Up to Idaho tomorrow to see the eclipse. 15 hours of driving for 2 minutes of blissful darkness and a lifetime of memories (well maybe 15-20 years of memories, as I'm already in my 60's). Still, there are really very few truly once-in-a-lifetime experiences, and even if it is just a matter of the moon blocking out the sun for a moment, I think of how people must have thought a thousand years ago when they didn't know it was going to happen. It is truly an amazing happenstance.

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 08/19/17 9:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rdF7o08KXw

PostPosted: 08/20/17 8:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sorry for the lack of a post Today. I just got to Idaho for the eclipse. Back home Tuesday.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 08/22/17 1:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rdF7o08KXw

You ain't just whistling dixie.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 08/22/17 1:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Odds for August 22:

Minnesota 7.5 Phoenix 160.5
Los Angeles 13.5 San Antonio 155

Hopefully the eclipse (which was absolutely incredible under a cloudless sky in Ontario, Oregon (on the Idaho border) will give me a new found clarity. My only pick for today is the Lynx under. Watch for overtime.

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 08/22/17 7:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
Odds for August 22:

Hopefully the eclipse (which was absolutely incredible under a cloudless sky in Ontario, Oregon (on the Idaho border) will give me a new found clarity. My only pick for today is the Lynx under. Watch for overtime.

I'm here to help! I'll take the over. 160.5 Over

Last edited by cthskzfn on 08/24/17 7:13 am; edited 2 times in total
calbearman76

PostPosted: 08/23/17 3:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Odds for August 23:

Seattle 4 @Atlanta 164
New York 8.5 @Indiana 155.5

Whether it was May and June when my picks were gold or July and August when my picks have been a brownish color, following me has been giving people a strong insight into how games would go. Intrepidly I trudge on, this time taking Atlanta with Tiffany Hayes back in the lineup, and I also take the over. As for my season record, I will not publish an update until I have a winning day, or until the end of the month, whichever comes first.

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 08/23/17 5:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
Odds for August 23:

Seattle 4 @Atlanta 164

Whether it was May and June when my picks were gold or July and August when my picks have been a brownish color, following me has been giving people a strong insight into how games would go. Intrepidly I trudge on, this time taking Atlanta with Tiffany Hayes back in the lineup, and I also take the over. As for my season record, I will not publish an update until I have a winning day, or until the end of the month, whichever comes first.

Wings v Sun??

PostPosted: 08/23/17 8:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
calbearman76 wrote:
Odds for August 23:

Seattle 4 @Atlanta 164

Wings v Sun??

It really says something about how bad things have been going that I even got the schedule wrong tonight. Sorry about that. The line was Connecticut 11.5 with a total of 180, so the total was a push. On the plus side, the Dream came through so hopefully the curse has lifted and I will at least get the schedule right tomorrow.

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 08/24/17 7:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
calbearman76 wrote:
Odds for August 22:

I'm here to help! I'll take the over. 160.5 Over

25-17-1

PostPosted: 08/24/17 4:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Odds for August 24:

Los Angeles 4 @Phoenix 163

Finally a winning day which boosts my season record back to 69-59-1. Tonight I like the under..

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 08/24/17 8:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
Odds for August 24:

LA -4

PostPosted: 08/24/17 10:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
calbearman76 wrote:
Odds for August 24:

LA -4

1-0, 26-17-1

PostPosted: 08/25/17 4:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Odds for August 25:

Connecticut 9.5 Chicago 173.5
New York 4.5 Washington 157
Minnesota 12.5 @San Antonio 151

Huskies fan, you've been killing it. Keep up the good work. Today I like the Sun. The Sky had a nice run but have fallen on hard times and Connecticut has generally finished off games strong. I need to wait a game to see how effective EDD will be tonight. And I will take the Lynx-Stars game over. It is a little dangerous , but since Whalen has been out the team hasn't been taking the air out of the ball in the fourth quarter.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 08/26/17 12:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Odds for August 26:

Atlanta 10 Indiana 16o
Washington 5 Dallas 174

Atlanta has played much better with Tiffany Hayes back in the lineup. Even though both of these teams are playing out the string I see the Dream putting on a how for their fans so I like the Dream and the over. I expected to like the over today in the Mystics game but at 174 the total is a little too high so I will pass.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 08/27/17 1:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Odds for August 27:

New York 7 Chicago 161.5
Seattle 3 Phoenix 165.5
Los Angeles 2.5 Minnesota 155.5

Some big games in trying to sort out the playoff picture today. New York has won and covered its last 6 and has gone under in 6 of its last 7, with the other game a push while Chicago has won and covered 4 of its last 6 and gone over its last 5 games. I look for New York to control this game, so I will take the Liberty and the under. Seattle and Phoenix are battling (along with Dallas) for a home game in the first round of the playoffs. The Storm will be interested in getting Sue Bird the all time assist record in their final home game along with the win and I believe they will get both, covering the small number. Los Angeles needs a win to keep their hopes alive for the number one seed. I think they can get the win so I will lay the small number, but the rest of the Lynx schedule is very favorable so I doubt they will get any closer. I also like the under.

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 08/27/17 6:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
Odds for August 27:

Seattle 3 Phoenix 165.5
Los Angeles 2.5 Minnesota 155.5

LA -2.5

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: