RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Should W game threads be in a separate sub-forum?

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should W game threads be in a separate sub-forum?
Yes
32%
 32%  [ 18 ]
No
67%
 67%  [ 38 ]
Total Votes : 56

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 05/12/17 3:34 pm    ::: Should W game threads be in a separate sub-forum? Reply Reply with quote

Should the WNBA game threads be in a separate sub-forum from the general discussion threads, as they are for NCAA games?
boom*NNEKA*nneka

PostPosted: 05/12/17 3:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I voted no. Personally, I like having everything (games included) on one page. Perhaps it is also because I am lazy and don't want to go through two different forums to get there. Anyways, my two cents.
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 05/12/17 3:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I voted yes because I find game threads to be of less substantive and thoughtful interest -- mostly just bunch of quickly blurted and typed reactions -- than general discussion threads, but they quickly tend to push the general discussion threads down the page.
Lib Fan

PostPosted: 05/12/17 3:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

boom*NNEKA*nneka wrote:
I voted no. Personally, I like having everything (games included) on one page. Perhaps it is also because I am lazy and don't want to go through two different forums to get there. Anyways, my two cents.

X__________________ !

Shades

PostPosted: 05/12/17 3:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
game threads to be of less substantive and thoughtful interest

I suppose they would be less substantive to someone not interested in watching the games. If you're not interested in watching the games, then why are you in here?

I suppose you find going to the games also a big waste of time because it's just a bunch of people who gather together to yell blurty unsubstantive things like "Go _____!", and all the traffic around the arena delays your passage to the museum and library.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Randy

PostPosted: 05/12/17 4:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I voted no, for pretty much the same reasons. The NCAA games and discussion are in different sub forums which is fine because I never read the general discussion. For the W, I do read both and if I am not particularly interested in a specific game or topic it is easy enough to ignore.

sigur3

PostPosted: 05/12/17 5:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Voted no because I don't care.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 05/12/17 5:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:
game threads to be of less substantive and thoughtful interest

I suppose they would be less substantive to someone not interested in watching the games. If you're not interested in watching the games, then why are you in here?

I suppose you find going to the games also a big waste of time because it's just a bunch of people who gather together to yell blurty unsubstantive things like "Go _____!", and all the traffic around the arena delays your passage to the museum and library.

Shades, most charitably interpreted, your comment is off target.

I watch lots of NCAA games and participate in some NCAA game threads, but I believe in having a separate forum for NCAA game threads for exactly the reason I set forth above for WNBA games, which I also do watch although with no team fan interest.

Attending games in person has nothing to do with this poll or topic.

I've noticed the site has tried both formats over the years, and I've changed my opinion on the subject too. I thought a poll and discussion of the subject, which there probably has been in the past, might be of interest and helpful.
justintyme

PostPosted: 05/12/17 7:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I voted yes. It is not that hard to jump subs and they do have a tendency to push other threads down, especially on busy game days.

PostPosted: 05/12/17 7:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A question worthy of a poll. Because there aren't nearly as many games in the WNBA as there are in the NCAA, there isn't as much tendency for other threads to be pushed off the first page, and therefore there isn't as much need for a separate sub-forum. Plus it's not that much of a pain to click onto page 2 IMO.

PostPosted: 05/12/17 7:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's getting close. Can I vote again?

newkid

PostPosted: 05/12/17 7:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
A question worthy of a poll. Because there aren't nearly as many games in the WNBA as there are in the NCAA, there isn't as much tendency for other threads to be pushed off the first page, and therefore there isn't as much need for a separate sub-forum. Plus it's not that much of a pain to click onto page 2 IMO.

this was my thinking. 300 teams vs 12. Hmmmm...

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 05/12/17 7:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I voted no. They're stickys at the top of the forum until the games are over anyway. That's fine for me.

PostPosted: 05/13/17 6:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:

Agreed.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 05/17/17 1:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Because there aren't nearly as many games in the WNBA as there are in the NCAA, there isn't as much tendency for other threads to be pushed off the first page, and therefore there isn't as much need for a separate sub-forum.

I think that's a very reasonable position.

As further observations:

First, I think there's a relatively small core of posters who consistently post during games. I've done it and it's difficult to be timely. Brevity and celerity are necessary.

Second, the WNBA game threads do seem to have more lengthy post-game substantive analyses than the NCAA games. Perhaps that's also due to the smaller number of WNBA games.

Third, whatever forum the game threads are in, we should all be very grateful to those who take the time and effort to set them up, which particularly has been Shades.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: