Michelle89 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Osahor not in the box scores was she cut? Say it aint so

Can you get a smaller avatar?

didnt know it was huge cant see it still so... Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 05/09/17 11:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Brunson is the backup center by default.No need to carry a player(Fagbenle) who's not gonna play any meaningful minutes.Maya will periodically slide to the 4 against smaller teams.Ting could fill the void at sf in these situations.Would not be surprised if we see a trade involving Fagbenle,or even Howard.

From what you've shown from your prediction of the Dallas final roster, you're in the camp that every team only needs 4 post players. I'm in the camp that every team should have 5 post players, especially if there as old as the Lynx post players. Hello, Pierson is already in concussion protocol. That might make her play timid all year, or be susceptible to future concussions. Relying on Maya to be a backup post isn't wise or effective (as shown by the end of last year when the Lynx were thin at post), and she's already dinged up herself. Those groin injuries can be a nagging thing.

Nope, 5 posts is the way the Lynx need to go. Reeve knows it too. That's why she gave up Hampton (hello, she's more proven and better than Ting) for a tryout of Osahor.

Not necessary.Remember,i'm the one who wants dallas to sign Hamson as the 3rd string backup.My prediction of a 4 post roster is more about value to the team,minute availability,and future plans.I've seen enough of Plaisance to know she's not a real post player.The possibility of Cambage returning is also a factor.Going with 4 posts leaves room for Cambage.If Hamson was the 5th post,Cambage taking Her spot would be a non issue.Minnesota on the other hand has 54 of 80 minutes already alloted to Fowles/Brunson,another 18 minutes minimum to Pierson.That's 72 minutes for three post players.Could Pierson sit out a few games due to injury ? Yes.But wasting the final roster spot on a rookie who coach Reeve will rarely play is just a waste.Also,using a valuable asset as an insurance policy(Howard) isn't very smart.This will be Howards 4th year,Which means...unrestricted free agency.Some team will throw max money at Howard,can minnesota match ?....I thought the smart move was to groom Howard as the future pf,and play her18-24 mpg.Unfortunately minny signed Plenette.I highly doubt Pierson signed a one year deal.This makes Howard trade bait.

BTW:Is it possible that minnesota traded Hampton to make room for Ting ?

Good trade for minny:
Howard/Montgomery for Jefferson/Harrison

Richyyy

PostPosted: 05/09/17 11:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
This will be Howards 4th year,Which means...unrestricted free agency.

Nope.

zune69 wrote:

Nope.

zune69 wrote:
Good trade for minny:

Laughing San Antonio would barely be able to hang up the phone for all the laughing. Yes, a 23 year-old all-star point guard and a forward who hasn't been able to show how good she might be yet for two backups would be good for Minnesota. San Antonio, on the other hand...

PostPosted: 05/09/17 12:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

Nope, 5 posts is the way the Lynx need to go. Reeve knows it too. That's why she gave up Hampton (hello, she's more proven and better than Ting) for a tryout of Osahor.

Ah, Ting in most circle would be seen as more proven then Hampton. What little I've seen of both, I'd go with Ting without hesitation.

PostPosted: 05/09/17 12:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
zune69 wrote:
This will be Howards 4th year,Which means...unrestricted free agency.

Nope.

zune69 wrote:

Nope.

zune69 wrote:
Good trade for minny:

Laughing San Antonio would barely be able to hang up the phone for all the laughing. Yes, a 23 year-old all-star point guard and a forward who hasn't been able to show how good she might be yet for two backups would be good for Minnesota. San Antonio, on the other hand...

1.Sorry...I meant restricted free agent.That's why I asked the question "can minnesota match ?"

2.Howard is young with great upside,but I clearly understand you point.Jefferson is more proven than Howard.However,Jefferson plays for one of the worst teams in the league.Jefferson can play through her mistakes without worrying about getting yanked from the game.Howard on the other hand has played for two title contending teams.

3.Silver stars will need to move Jefferson or Plum in the future.Jefferson for Howard isn't the worst trade in the world.

pilight

PostPosted: 05/09/17 12:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Good trade for minny:

Jefferson is an All Star?

PostPosted: 05/09/17 12:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Good trade for minny:

Yeah...I don't remember there being a all-star game in 2016.

Iluvacc

PostPosted: 05/09/17 12:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Good trade for minny:

Definitely all star caliber and the best of the young point guards in the league.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 05/09/17 12:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Good trade for minny:

I admit, I was projecting a little. She might well have made it last year if there'd been one, and there's every chance she'll be there this season (if she's healthy to start the year). Over 15% of the league makes the all-star game, after all.

PostPosted: 05/09/17 12:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:
pilight wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Good trade for minny:

Definitely all star caliber and the best of the young point guards in the league.

Chelsea Gray will surpass her this season . Diggins i feel is included in this group and i dont think jefferson is better. Down year with injury for diggins and jefferson's impressive 1st season can make for a great debate but im a homer and Diggins is better to me.

PostPosted: 05/09/17 1:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Iluvacc wrote:
pilight wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Good trade for minny:

Chelsea Gray will surpass her this season . Diggins i feel is included in this group and i dont think jefferson is better. Down year with injury for diggins and jefferson's impressive 1st season can make for a great debate but im a homer and Diggins is better to me.

I'm a Diggins fan and definitely hope she is back to her pre-injury self. That's a MVP candidate for sure. I'm not too sure about Gray being better than Jefferson on the defensive end.

Shades

PostPosted: 05/09/17 1:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

MNfan22 wrote:
Shades wrote:

Ah, Ting in most circle would be seen as more proven then Hampton. What little I've seen of both, I'd go with Ting without hesitation.

In most circle? Yeah, right. Not in the circle that matters.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/09/17 1:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Iluvacc wrote:
pilight wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Good trade for minny:

I'm a Diggins fan and definitely hope she is back to her pre-injury self. That's a MVP candidate for sure. I'm not too sure about Gray being better than Jefferson on the defensive end.

Just saw / watched diggins live on saturday night against indiana. Theres no question that shes back and 100% . I was actually suprised to see her makes some of the moves she made. Almost forgot how good she use to be .

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: