RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Odds to win 2017 WNBA championship

View previous topic :: View next topic  
calbearman76

PostPosted: 05/05/17 6:11 pm    ::: Odds to win 2017 WNBA championship Reply Reply with quote

The first odds I've seen have been posted to win the WNBA championship.

Los Angeles 17/10
Minnesota 2/1
Phoenix 3/1
New York 5/1
Washington 6/1
Atlanta 8/1
Seattle 10/1
Chicago 16/1
Indiana 16/1
Connecticut 25/1
Dallas 40/1
San Antonio 40/1

From my perspective, I see Phoenix and Atlanta as particularly overrated and if I had to take a flier I see Dallas as much closer to the middle of the pack than a co-last choice, but I don't think 40/1 represents value. Indeed it is hard to find much value when the theoretical hold percentage ( The amount the bookies would win if all bets resulted in the same payout for each of the 12 teams) is roughly 40%.

Official Las Vegas odds should be posted at the beginning of next week. That will give a better picture of what the moneyed experts think.

tfan

PostPosted: 05/05/17 11:08 pm    ::: Re: Odds to win 2017 WNBA championship Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
The first odds I've seen have been posted to win the WNBA championship.

Los Angeles 17/10
Minnesota 2/1
Phoenix 3/1
New York 5/1
Washington 6/1
Atlanta 8/1
Seattle 10/1
Chicago 16/1
Indiana 16/1
Connecticut 25/1
Dallas 40/1
San Antonio 40/1

From my perspective, I see Phoenix and Atlanta as particularly overrated and if I had to take a flier I see Dallas as much closer to the middle of the pack than a co-last choice, but I don't think 40/1 represents value. Indeed it is hard to find much value when the theoretical hold percentage ( The amount the bookies would win if all bets resulted in the same payout for each of the 12 teams) is roughly 40%.

Official Las Vegas odds should be posted at the beginning of next week. That will give a better picture of what the moneyed experts think.

It looks like they know that Catchings retired, but aren't aware that McCoughtry is sitting out (or do they know she isn't?). And they rate Phoenix as if Taylor, Bonner and Dupree were going to suit up again. Also aren't riding the EDD train.

RI_Sun_Fan

PostPosted: 05/06/17 1:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Personally, I think NY and Washington are the best buys on the board. I mean value for money if you don't go with the 2 favorites

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: