RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

I met Karen Aston

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PRballer

PostPosted: 04/28/17 10:46 am    ::: I met Karen Aston Reply Reply with quote

I could technically post this in "Coaching Movement" because she was literally traveling, but I wanted to share the story here.

Met her yesterday in the Austin airport as I was traveling through on business. We were orbiting the same books/convenience shop and she was decked out in burnt orange and obviously getting ready to travel to a showcase (is Boo Williams this weekend?)

So I introduced myself and said "congrats on the new signing, I'm from the same town as her." And she said "Oh you're from San Diego? Destiny is a heck of a player." I told her Tina Thompson must be in trouble to have steered away a future Trojan, is there a law against that?

Lovely woman. Very small in person. I told her I am a huge women's basketball fan, enjoyed her team and was hoping for big things for them this year. Gotta admit, I was little caught off guard and nervous but she was right next to me so I had to say hello.

Anyway, thought I'd share this quick story with folks here Very Happy

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 04/28/17 11:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nice tidbit. Thanks for sharing.

Phil

PostPosted: 04/28/17 9:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Very cool.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: