4%  [ 3 ]
Other
14%
 14%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 67

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 04/22/17 3:51 pm    ::: 2017 MVP Prediction Reply Reply with quote

Vote!

"Other" not appearing in poll. Specify another candidate in message.

~rAf

Last edited by readyAIMfire53 on 04/22/17 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
adamj95

PostPosted: 04/22/17 3:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maya is rested and ready to take back the title and MVP!

Michelle89

PostPosted: 04/22/17 6:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My guess is EDD. A new team with a coach who actually knows how to run some damn plays for her and she will get them a decent to good record. They cant really double team her as much now with Toliver and Meesseman on the court with her

Stewart as a dark horse. i expect her to make adjustments this season and average big numbers

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Shades

PostPosted: 04/22/17 6:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
My guess is EDD. A new team with a coach who actually knows how to run some damn plays for her and she will get them a decent to good record. They cant really double team her as much now with Toliver and Meesseman on the court with her

She can't really play me-ball, unless the "me" stands for Meesseman.
I'm copyrighting that, so you copycat sites, don't steal that.

I'm surprised you didn't bemoan the oversight of Stewart on list. She was in the convo as a rookie. She looks good in pre-camp.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
SDHoops

PostPosted: 04/22/17 7:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I feel like this is Maya's year, although I'd like to see Tina in the running again.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 04/22/17 9:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

I'm surprised you didn't bemoan the oversight of Stewart on list. She was in the convo as a rookie. She looks good in pre-camp.

Having to create all your points on iso's takes a lot of energy. So a lot less me -ball will be good for her. She will get more easy points on good setplays easy buckets and in transistion

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 04/22/17 11:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have Dallas top 3 in the west, so I'm going with Diggins for the 2017 MVP.
zune69

PostPosted: 04/23/17 1:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:
I have Dallas top 3 in the west, so I'm going with Diggins for the 2017 MVP.

If healthy,Skylar will be a top 5 mvp candidate.Getting a 3rd seed will be tough.Playing 4 rookies in a 10 women rotation will cost them 2-4 games during the season

Backup center is a rookie
Backup power forward is a rookie
Backup small forward is a rookie
Backup shooting guard is a rookie

However,ny,wash,sea and phoenix all have issues that could cause them to underperform.So a 3rd seed for dallas is not out of the question.The wings will win 19-23 games.They'll finish in the 4-6 range.I predicted a 6th place finish just to be safe.

Phoe,wash,NY,sea or dallas could finish as high as 3rd or as low as 7th.

My top 5

1.Moore
2.Stewart
3.Delle Donne
4.Diggins
5.Griner(will split votes with Taurasi)

Last edited by zune69 on 04/23/17 7:17 am; edited 1 time in total
pilight

PostPosted: 04/23/17 7:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Shades wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

Having to create all your points on iso's takes a lot of energy. So a lot less me -ball will be good for her. She will get more easy points on good setplays easy buckets and in transistion

Not sure how going to a team with a lesser point guard will result in fewer isolation plays.

PostPosted: 04/23/17 9:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think you'll see EDD benefit from the quick screening and ball movement that Thibault will employ. Toliver and Hill can both break down defenses. Meesseman is a good passer. I think as a consequence you'll see less isolation ball than in Chicago and more opportunities in which multiple people initiate the ball movement. Also with so many 3 point shooters, there's bound to be defensive breakdowns that result in EDD getting open looks upon receiving passes. Toliver will initiate offense much the way Lawson successfully did for them a few years ago, and she'll be better at it because she is even more of an offensive threat.

Although when EDD is going 1-on-1 she probably is more efficient with it than anyone in league history. She doesn't take forever dribbling to make her moves. The short version is, Thibault is one of the league's best coaches, and he has been salivating for the opportunity to have this much firepower. This team will be fine offensively.

PostPosted: 04/23/17 9:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

On MVP I voted Maya. She's carried more of a load for them each year. EDD and Tina both are on teams that are more balanced than the ones they were on a year ago offensively. I'm hoping as a Lib fan that the Liberty get Tina's field goal attempts back down to 18 per game or so. Being they'll have more scoring on the floor, that's probably a realistic goal.

PostPosted: 04/23/17 9:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
Shades wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

Not sure how going to a team with a lesser point guard will result in fewer isolation plays.

Pokey called out most of the plays not Sloot. Sloot would average more assists of she ran normal plays with EDD instead of just passing to EDD at the 3 pointline and watch her go 1 on 1 l. No straight line to the basket which results in no assists

toad455

PostPosted: 04/23/17 9:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm going to say it'll be between Delle Donne, Moore, Stewart, Charles & N. Ogwumike(again). EDD really falls on how soon the team gels together. Minnesota, New York, Los Angeles & Seattle are almost the same as last year squads, so I'd expect similar results from those four players.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Angus24

PostPosted: 04/24/17 11:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Most of those players are over the hill. Plum will get i.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 04/24/17 12:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Here's my dark horse: Diana Taurasi.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 04/24/17 12:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:

if that would be the case then that would mean that once again Griner doesnt step up and be that dominant player everybody thought she was going to be. That player that the Mercury need her to be

UK1996

PostPosted: 04/24/17 12:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You can never count out Moore, EDD, Charles Taurasi, or Parker. Although the last two are not what they once were. Its possible a player could move from star to superstar. No one predicted Nneka winning it last season. This season Stewart, Diggins, Loyd, or someone else could turn their game up a notch and surprise us all.

PostPosted: 04/24/17 3:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UK1996 wrote:
You can never count out Moore, EDD, Charles Taurasi, or Parker. Although the last two are not what they once were. Its possible a player could move from star to superstar. No one predicted Nneka winning it last season. This season Stewart, Diggins, Loyd, or someone else could turn their game up a notch and surprise us all.

NM
readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 04/24/17 4:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UK1996 wrote:

Some say that Parker added MORE value this past season than in the ones where she had gaudier numbers. By being more of a facilitator rather than focused on her own scoring, her team won it all. She was rewarded with an award she could only get when her team made the WNBA finals: Finals MVP.

~rAf
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 04/24/17 7:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
PUmatty wrote:

if that would be the case then that would mean that once again Griner doesnt step up and be that dominant player everybody thought she was going to be. That player that the Mercury need her to be

Nah, I think Griner would need to play well for Dee to win MVP. If Griner is disappointing then Phoenix doesn't have much else to carry the team to a good season, and players from unsuccessful teams don't tend to win MVP awards.

(Personally I don't think Dee has another one in her anyway. Even if she expends a record low amount of effort defensively, it will be too easy for opponents to limit her this season with few other Phx threats to worry about. She truly is a dark horse pick.)

PostPosted: 04/25/17 8:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
PUmatty wrote:

Nah, I think Griner would need to play well for Dee to win MVP. If Griner is disappointing then Phoenix doesn't have much else to carry the team to a good season, and players from unsuccessful teams don't tend to win MVP awards.

(Personally I don't think Dee has another one in her anyway. Even if she expends a record low amount of effort defensively, it will be too easy for opponents to limit her this season with few other Phx threats to worry about. She truly is a dark horse pick.)

I mean really dominant. The reason why they took her over EDD in the draft.
Taking over as franchise player. That sort of improvement

pilight

PostPosted: 04/25/17 9:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Personally I don't think Dee has another one in her anyway

It's sort of shocking to think one of the greatest players of all time will end up with only one MVP award. It's like the voters took my 2006 rant about the same players winning MVP every year and decided to run with it.

PostPosted: 04/25/17 11:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Luuuc wrote:

It's sort of shocking to think one of the greatest players of all time will end up with only one MVP award. It's like the voters took my 2006 rant about the same players winning MVP every year and decided to run with it.

Yeah its pretty weird certainly when you consider that she also won 3 championships

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/25/17 11:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
pilight wrote:
Luuuc wrote:

Yeah its pretty weird certainly when you consider that she also won 3 championships

Well considering how shes treated the WNBA its not that suprising but it is

PostPosted: 04/25/17 3:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
pilight wrote:
Luuuc wrote:

Well considering how shes treated the WNBA its not that suprising but it is

Laughing Laughing

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: