Lizzy Wendell DRA
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other undrafted player not listed here
9%
 9%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 81

Shades

PostPosted: 04/15/17 2:47 am    ::: Player Most Surprising To Go Undrafted Reply Reply with quote

Player Most Surprising To Go Undrafted

21-day poll

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades

PostPosted: 04/15/17 8:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

3 for other already? You're supposed to name your others.

I'm kinda surprised but not most surprised that Okorie didn't get drafted.
6'5 center playing behind Mississippi St's McCowan. It was a situation similar to
Mompremiere playing behind Kalani Brown.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 04/15/17 9:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Did Okorie make herself available. Speculation that she applies for medical redshirt and returns to StarkAngeles next season.

Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: 04/15/17 9:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

6'5 center playing behind Mississippi St's McCowan. It was a situation similar to

They are probably putting "other" instead of "none", which should have been an option. This class is so poor, none surprise me, as many who were drafted would not even be considered in a normal year.

Last edited by Jet Jaguar on 04/15/17 9:45 am; edited 1 time in total
ClayK

PostPosted: 04/15/17 9:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For me, there aren't 36 players worthy of being drafted -- meaning "have a legitimate chance to make a roster" -- so it's not usually a question with an answer.

And even more so this year ...

PostPosted: 04/15/17 10:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

realistically, outside of Chong & Prince, I didn't recognize any names drafted in the third round. The likelihood of any third rounder making a roster this season seems extremely slim.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Shades

PostPosted: 04/15/17 10:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
I didn't recognize any names drafted in the third round. The likelihood of any third rounder making a roster this season seems extremely slim.

That's even more reason to be curious or scratch your head about why these more recognizable names didn't get drafted. Sometimes players can fall through the cracks because maybe a certain position wasn't needed or what have you. The Lynx were very efficient with their draft. They know their plan and stuck to it.... didn't get more than they needed and had two deferred foreign player picks.

I didn't vote for the obvious one-time first team All-American as a sophomore.
I voted for Miah Spencer because I could actually see her making a roster if given the opportunity in the right situation. She had a great tournament. Showed a lot of fight and poise. I think most people agree that her team NCSU got screwed over by the refs more than once down the stretch in the TEX game.

5thmantheme

PostPosted: 04/15/17 2:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tyler Scaife ... shouldered more of her team's load, than Rachel Hollivay. But I've no idea how recovered she is from her surgery. Similar situation to Ohio State's Alston, and competitive head-to-head.

Happycappie25

PostPosted: 04/15/17 3:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

5thmantheme wrote:
Tyler Scaife ... shouldered more of her team's load, than Rachel Hollivay. But I've no idea how recovered she is from her surgery. Similar situation to Ohio State's Alston, and competitive head-to-head.

Didn't come out despite report to contrary she will play her Sr Year and be eligible next year (Which begs a different question but that's another thread)

PostPosted: 04/15/17 3:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I would assume if Scaife declared, she would have been taken. Probably early second round (Liberty? Lynx?)

Shades

PostPosted: 04/15/17 3:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
Did Okorie make herself available. Speculation that she applies for medical redshirt and returns to StarkAngeles next season.

Is that a recent development? This article is from 4/03/17
http://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/college/mississippi-state/2017/04/03/expectations-high-msu-women-hoops-next-season/99977368/

Quote:
The Bulldogs will graduate starters Breanna Richardson and Dom Dillingham along with key reserves Chinwe Okorie, who actually started every game during the regular season, and Ketara Chapel.

Dom Dillingham is a name I should have thrown on the list

Quote:
Dillingham was the team’s best defender.

Quote:
Okorie was a solid complement to McCowan, a sophomore, because the senior had experience and is 6-foot-5. Okorie will leave a void that Schaefer will have to fill with freshmen Ameshya Williams and Zion Campbell.

Quote:
“They have a really good group coming back, honestly, they really do,” Okorie said. “The great thing about this coaching staff is they work to improve your skills. So it’s not like what you see today is what you will see next year. You’ll see even better players next year.”

Here's a little something about possibly returning.
http://www.reflector-online.com/news/article_7edb098a-1e4c-11e7-b8c1-3f41ef30f6f7.html

Quote:
Okorie, however, could possibly return if the team decides to challenge the NCAA ruling which led her to sit out her freshman season over eligibility issues.

Wait until she's done to fight a ruling? Seems a little iffy to me.
Did she pull herself out of the draft, or was nobody interested?

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 04/16/17 6:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nina Davis should win this poll for those who retain the after image of the bedazzling first team All American heights to which she soared -- why? -- as a college sophomore.

I was surprised that no one chose Karlie Samuelson simply on her outside shooting ability. She was 2nd in the country in 3FG%, 7th in TS% and 10th in eFG%. Among seniors in those categories, she was 1st, 4th and 4th.
Shades

PostPosted: 04/18/17 11:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA draft snub fuels Nina Davis

http://www.commercialappeal.com/story/sports/2017/04/15/sunday-sports-brunch-wnba-draft-snub-fuels-nina-davis/100438272/

Quote:
"If there are 36 players better than me, congratulations to them," she said. "In the WNBA, only the first five or 10 picks are safe. The rest of us will be competing (for roster spots). It's something I'm used to ... but it's hard to believe I'm back in this situation.

"It's disappointing. (Not being drafted) is the hardest bullet I've ever had to swallow. But it's the same like it was back in high school. Rankings don't mean anything."

Quote:
In mock drafts, the 5-11 forward was slotted anywhere from 10th to 25th in the three-round draft. Later Thursday, she agreed to head to training camp next week with the Los Angeles Sparks.

Quote:
"It's frustrating," said Davis' high school coach Niki Bray. "It's aggravating having to prove yourself all over again. But I told her this isn't the end. This is just another beginning."

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 04/18/17 11:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
Nina Davis should win this poll for those who retain the after image of the bedazzling first team All American heights to which she soared -- why? -- as a college sophomore.

I was surprised that no one chose Karlie Samuelson simply on her outside shooting ability. She was 2nd in the country in 3FG%, 7th in TS% and 10th in eFG%. Among seniors in those categories, she was 1st, 4th and 4th.

Does anyone know if Karlie has been invited to a camp?

Shades

PostPosted: 04/19/17 12:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:

Sparks. I mean, why bother with her if there's no room for Liston in the league?

Ay Mate

PostPosted: 04/19/17 4:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jet Jaguar wrote:
Shades wrote:

They are probably putting "other" instead of "none", which should have been an option. This class is so poor, none surprise me, as many who were drafted would not even be considered in a normal year.

Agreed. I'm not surprised to those who never got drafted. This year is full of mediocre players. Plum isn't going to have the rookie season some think she will. And Brionna Jones will be better than an 8th pick if Miller plays her.

SportsGuru

PostPosted: 04/19/17 7:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

2017 WNBA Undrafted Free Agent Signings:

Briana Day (Syracuse) C. San Antonio Stars
Sophie Brunner (Arizona State) F. Phoenix Mercury
Kalani Purcell (BYU) F. Dallas Stars

Shades

PostPosted: 04/19/17 9:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:
2017 WNBA Undrafted Free Agent Signings:

Briana Day (Syracuse) C. San Antonio Stars
Sophie Brunner (Arizona State) F. Phoenix Mercury
Kalani Purcell (BYU) F. Dallas Stars

There's a lot more than that

toad455

PostPosted: 04/19/17 10:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

has anyone invited Spencer, Joyner or Wendell to training camp contracts yet?

Shades

PostPosted: 04/19/17 11:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
has anyone invited Spencer, Joyner or Wendell to training camp contracts yet?

No votes for Joyner or Wendell out of 70. So even though we're not part of Miller's sophisticated penthouse-living coach's circle, it's not looking too good for those two. I feel bad for Spencer. Maybe she fell victim to the down year for ACC. Everything's about the SEC and PAC this year. What's the ACC again?

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 04/19/17 12:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

Sparks. I mean, why bother with her if there's no room for Liston in the league?

She is nothing like Liston, she actually plays defense and some forget what she did to KML, IMO she is the type of role player that a team can use, no drama, has more range than anyone in draft, spreads floor automatically but has as Kate Paye tweeted an off the charts IQ.

Shades

PostPosted: 04/19/17 12:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:
Shades wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

She is nothing like Liston, she actually plays defense and some forget what she did to KML, IMO she is the type of role player that a team can use, no drama, has more range than anyone in draft, spreads floor automatically but has as Kate Paye tweeted an off the charts IQ.

This seems like a Stanford fan sales pitch. If she's all that, how come she didn't get drafted? There was nary a peep about her in the mock draft thread.

Seems like a similar pitch Artbest gave for Mabrey from ND, who went undrafted and can now can be found on a milk carton.

At least show me an example of the unmatched range in her shot, and I'll show an example from Kaela Davis.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/19/17 12:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
At least show me an example of the unmatched range in her shot, and I'll show an example from Kaela Davis.

Ill 2nd This and Add Ill show you one from T. Jankoska also #Unmatched Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 04/19/17 5:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:
Shades wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

This seems like a Stanford fan sales pitch. If she's all that, how come she didn't get drafted? There was nary a peep about her in the mock draft thread.

Seems like a similar pitch Artbest gave for Mabrey from ND, who went undrafted and can now can be found on a milk carton.

Please link to what the hell you're talking about.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 04/20/17 11:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Shades wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:
Shades wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

Please link to what the hell you're talking about.

Nothing but crickets, not surprisingly.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: