RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Semi finals Euroleague
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michelle89

PostPosted: 04/14/17 4:45 am    ::: Semi finals Euroleague Reply Reply with quote

Fenerbahce vs UMMC starts in 4 hours and 15 min. This will be a fun matchup with a lot of stars going against each other.
Parker, Lavender, Gruda and Quigley vs DT, Griner, Meesseman, Toliver and Lyttle

You can watch the game on the FIBA Youtube channel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SrTydXMvgc

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 04/14/17 6:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks for posting this!

Dynamo Kursk vs. USK PRAHA come on right behind this game at 12:30PM EST

Nneka, Angel, Piph Prince, Cruz, et al. vs. Dupree, Vaughn, Petrovic, Xargay, Palau et al.

Both games should be fun!

Richyyy

PostPosted: 04/14/17 8:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bump - Fenerbahce-UMMC about to start.

PostPosted: 04/14/17 9:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Parker doesnt know FIBA rules. Your not going to get that continuation foul just like in the NBA Laughing

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 04/14/17 9:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It truly sucks that she didn't get continuation on those shots. Is that actually a FIBA rule?

Michelle89

PostPosted: 04/14/17 10:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WfanFrJmp wrote:
It truly sucks that she didn't get continuation on those shots. Is that actually a FIBA rule?

You only get the continuation if you actually had the intention to put up a shot. In the nba people get fouled and then put up a shot to get the freethrows. It doesnt work that way in FIBA play and rightfully so

Michelle89

PostPosted: 04/14/17 10:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UMMC cant handle the posts from Fenerbahce. Griner not stepping up as usual

WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 04/14/17 10:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
WfanFrJmp wrote:

You only get the continuation if you actually had the intention to put up a shot. In the nba people get fouled and then put up a shot to get the freethrows. It doesnt work that way in FIBA play and rightfully so

I hear you but she actually took and hit those shots, but they waived them off. Looking at the stats, they counted them as misses. Loving the rolls to the basket by Fener and where would Ekat be without Taursai? I don't understand why Gruda keeps daring Griner to block her....Fener is looking good and aggressive!

Michelle89

PostPosted: 04/14/17 10:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WfanFrJmp wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
WfanFrJmp wrote:

I hear you but she actually took and hit those shots, but they waived them off. Looking at the stats, they counted them as misses. Loving the rolls to the basket by Fener and where would Ekat be without Taursai? I don't understand why Gruda keeps daring Griner to block her....Fener is looking good and aggressive!

I thought the holding foul was earlier before the layup.
UMMC s pick and role defense is horrible

WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 04/14/17 10:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
WfanFrJmp wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
WfanFrJmp wrote:

Yeah, maybe but kinda seemed to happen all at the same time bc D was still being played and the play continued on...Whelp, Fener got the W with some nice team ball! Indeed, UMMC's D was awful but that is definitely not what they are known for...They typically "recruit" well, rely heavily on their superstar (while others sacrifice their game, somewhat) and hope it works out...At one time it was CP, then it became Taurasi.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 04/14/17 11:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WfanFrJmp wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
WfanFrJmp wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
WfanFrJmp wrote:

Yeah, maybe but kinda seemed to happen all at the same time bc D was still being played and the play continued on...Whelp, Fener got the W with some nice team ball! Indeed, UMMC's D was awful but that is definitely not what they are known for...They typically "recruit" well, rely heavily on their superstar (while others sacrifice their game, somewhat) and hope it works out...At one time it was CP, then it became Taurasi.

They have more superstars though. Taurasi shouldnt be carrying this big of a burden when she has Griner, Meesseman and Toliver on her team. Heck in the WNBA this would be a team contending for a championship

London2toronto

PostPosted: 04/14/17 12:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Watching the Kursk game and just noticed that Nneka is wearing adidas basketball trainers... Looks like Nike may not have renewed their sponsorship with her?

Michelle89

PostPosted: 04/14/17 12:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Petrovic vs Angel fun matchup to see Cool

WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 04/14/17 12:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89, the do have a whole lot of talent on that squad but they don't always use it well....

Do both Nneka and Angel have 4 fouls? Dupree has been looking as smooth as ever in this game.

Hmmm...I think I just saw a continuation basket....As with most reffing, they can be selective on those calls.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 04/14/17 12:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WfanFrJmp wrote:
Michelle89, the do have a whole lot of talent on that squad but they don't always use it well....

Do both Nneka and Angel have 4 fouls? Dupree has been looking as smooth as ever in this game.

Hmmm...I think I just saw a continuation basket....As with most reffing, they can be selective on those calls.

Continuation baskets do happen if you have the intend to go up for the shot(in your 2 steps). Thats what happened there.

Yeah but that has always been the downfall of UMMC. They dont always find a way to play as a unit like Spartak
Moscow did in the past when they were loaded with stars aswell.

Nneka and Angel both with 4. Yeah Dupree looks like her old self. Maybe the change to another team will do her good.
Just saw Bonner, Taurasi and Penny in the crowd cheering her on

sigur3

PostPosted: 04/14/17 1:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh-goo-mee-kee.

Dupree looks great. Much more spry and aggressive than last WNBA season.

Prince...not so much.

WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 04/14/17 1:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Indeed, I hear you about UMMC and Spartak of old.

This has been a really good, physical match up! Dupree is looking refreshed and Kiah looks good too. Yep, I saw the ladies in the stands. 5 on Nneka...*sigh*

Tied and a fight to the finish!

Last edited by WfanFrJmp on 04/14/17 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
BamaEd

PostPosted: 04/14/17 1:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How is this announcer pronouncing Nneka's name? I don't think he's anywhere close haha

Michelle89

PostPosted: 04/14/17 1:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ciak should of raised her hand for that foul. As a result Nneka gets hers

pilight

PostPosted: 04/14/17 1:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BamaEd wrote:
How is this announcer pronouncing Nneka's name? I don't think he's anywhere close haha

Europeans are just as bad at foreign names as Americans

PostPosted: 04/14/17 1:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Petrovic has negative basketball IQ

WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 04/14/17 1:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BamaEd wrote:

It's awful but not as bad as the Phoenix announcer a few years ago. He found 97 ways to mis-pronounce her name and capped it off with Ogoogamake. I was annoyed before but it was so terrible that I could not stop laughing after that! Laughing Laughing

Michelle89

PostPosted: 04/14/17 1:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Palau savy old vet

Michelle89

PostPosted: 04/14/17 1:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
Petrovic has negative basketball IQ

I take her over Steinberger any day of the week Laughing

Richyyy

PostPosted: 04/14/17 1:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm just glad that Avenida aren't in this game. This guy pronounces that A-vee-end-a - which shows an inability to read, never mind pronounce words.

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: