2018 WNBA Mock Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 91, 92, 93  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 12/27/17 12:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Davis4632 wrote:
Shades wrote:
TotalCardinalMove wrote:
Wilson is more skilled than McCowan, period. Wilson would still be taken first before her even if she declares. Wilson can score, and is more versatile on both sides of the floor.

Don't need inside information to figure that out. Wilson is #1 under all conceivable scenarios.

Even if Stevens declares?

Stevens declaring is conceivable, so yes.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 12/27/17 1:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

If McCowan enters the draft there's a strong possiblity she goes #1 . Then Do you draft mitchell over Wilson if your Indiana ? Question Idea

There is ZERO chance she goes number one.

According to Whoooooooooom ? Cool Cool

Any person who is skilled at player evaluations.

Any person who watched their head-to-head matchups.

#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 12/27/17 1:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Davis4632 wrote:
Shades wrote:
TotalCardinalMove wrote:
Wilson is more skilled than McCowan, period. Wilson would still be taken first before her even if she declares. Wilson can score, and is more versatile on both sides of the floor.

Don't need inside information to figure that out. Wilson is #1 under all conceivable scenarios.

Even if Stevens declares?

Stevens declaring is conceivable, so yes.

would be like Oden vs Durant, I still think you take Wilson, but Z will be the more versatile player down the line, I think she's a 6'6 Small forward at best and a combo forward at worst.
toad455

PostPosted: 12/27/17 2:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So who's more likely to declare early, Stevens or McCowan?

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
RavenDog

PostPosted: 12/29/17 4:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

Stevens is NOT going to declare. She's not ready for one and two, she committed to UConn to learn and play with their players. 0% chance unless some major dispute/fight takes place which is very unlikely. The UConn players love her and she them.

Nerd2

PostPosted: 12/29/17 5:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Stevens is NOT going to declare. She's not ready for one and two, she committed to UConn to learn and play with their players. 0% chance unless some major dispute/fight takes place which is very unlikely. The UConn players love her and she them.

Part of the reason anyone goes to UConn is the opportunity to get coached and improved. Stevens is getting playing time and experience. I can't see her declaring.

ETA: I wouldn't expect McCowan to declare either. I just think it would be more likely that she would over Stevens.

Shades

PostPosted: 01/05/18 2:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tyra Buss cementing legacy in Indiana University women's basketball program

http://www.courierpress.com/story/sports/2018/01/04/buss-cementing-legacy-indiana-university-womens-basketball-program/998226001/

Quote:
After this season, Tyra hopes to play professionally, if not in the WNBA, then perhaps overseas.

“I want to continue playing as long as I can,” Buss said.

Her father admitted he might feel lost if he no longer has the opportunity to see Tyra play in the future - playing with the grandkids isn't enough. He has watched her play every game this season. Her mom, Kelly, her high school track coach, has only missed one game.

Shades

PostPosted: 01/05/18 3:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Stevens is NOT going to declare. She's not ready for one

Are you saying she's not good enough?

RavenDog wrote:
and two, she committed to UConn to learn and play with their players.

Does that mean Allisha Gray and Kaela Davis didn't learn enough with their one year at SC? Allisha Gray learned enough to earn ROY with a suspect coach but tons of opportunity to succeed.

RavenDog wrote:
0% chance unless some major dispute/fight takes place which is very unlikely. The UConn players love her and she them.

0% chance is way too low, but I wouldn't bet money on her declaring early either. It's hard to say what she'll want or who will be in her ear at the end of the year. I don't think she went from Duke to UConn for the quality of the degree or go for a non-Duke masters. She went to improve her stock for a basketball career, but will she really need two years at UConn to help her springboard into the WNBA career? Gray & Davis didn't need two years at SC.
But I think Geno is being an evil genius by having Stevens off the bench, which may temper her draft value depending on what happens the rest of the year, and she'd become a solid starter next year. I dunno.... if she wins a championship this year and if she's being told she'd be a guaranteed lottery pick if she declares early, what would be the point of staying another year? Is another college championship more important than getting a start on your inevitable career? Had she not transferred she'd be starting her career in 2018. I'm always in favor of a prominent player declaring early.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 01/07/18 12:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Watching her again today, I continue to believe that Russell should be one of the top 3 picks.

She is by far the best center available, is a defensive presence, and you can't teach height.

I think her college production has been limited because (1) she's frequently out of position at both ends of the court, and (2) she has played with teammates who simply don't frequently enough get her the ball at the right time in the right location (partly that's due to #1, and partly that's due to never playing with a quality PG). Both of these issues are coaching issues, not inherent issues with her. She's strong enough to hold up to WNBA post play yet can also move.

It's a lot easier to find 5'6" guards than decent 6'6" centers.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/07/18 12:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Watching her again today, I continue to believe that Russell should be one of the top 3 picks.

She is by far the best center available, is a defensive presence, and you can't teach height.

I think her college production has been limited because (1) she's frequently out of position at both ends of the court, and (2) she has played with teammates who simply don't frequently enough get her the ball at the right time in the right location (partly that's due to #1, and partly that's due to never playing with a quality PG). Both of these issues are coaching issues, not inherent issues with her. She's strong enough to hold up to WNBA post play yet can also move.

It's a lot easier to find 5'6" guards than decent 6'6" centers.

Art you have a strong point here , ive been thinking this for a long time but her aggressiveness on defense worries me.

PostPosted: 01/07/18 2:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Russell has looked a lot better this year than in 2017. Had Russell entered in 2017, she would have been a late first round pick. And that would have only been because it's was a weak draft. I don't see her as a lottery pick. There's still Wilson, Mitchell, Williams, DeShields, possibly McCowan, Vadeeva all ahead of her. But I can see her going #7 or #8 to Washington or Phoenix.

Shades

PostPosted: 01/07/18 3:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tough and intimidating. THIS is guaranteed WNBA player, and she's eligible for early declaration.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/07/18 4:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

Tough and intimidating. THIS is guaranteed WNBA player, and she's eligible for early declaration.

whom??

PostPosted: 01/07/18 5:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sophie Cunningham U of Missouri.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/07/18 6:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Sophie Cunningham U of Missouri.

Thanks i could not see the picture for some reason at first. Oh yeah sophie has the fire. I think she can help a team like indy in the 2nd round maybe.

PostPosted: 01/07/18 6:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

curious to know who you guys think have upped there draft stock so far this season. The two that come to mind are Russell & T. Scaife
I would not be surprised to see those two get drafted higher than projected.

PostPosted: 01/07/18 8:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
curious to know who you guys think have upped there draft stock so far this season. The two that come to mind are Russell & T. Scaife

I'll go with Nared, Vivians, Mavunga & Gulich.

Randy

PostPosted: 01/07/18 8:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I haven't had much motivation to follow the draft prospects this year since my team's first pick is 16 I think. So it looks like its bottom fishing for me. Any prospects that might be around at 16? I was thinking Thomas from FSU, but 3 is about the last position we need to fill. Ideas?

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 01/07/18 8:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Russell has looked a lot better this year than in 2017. Had Russell entered in 2017, she would have been a late first round pick. And that would have only been because it's was a weak draft. I don't see her as a lottery pick. There's still Wilson, Mitchell, Williams, DeShields, possibly McCowan, Vadeeva all ahead of her. But I can see her going #7 or #8 to Washington or Phoenix.

Except I don't believe half at least of those people should be in front of her.

The only certain one is Wilson.

sigur3

PostPosted: 01/07/18 9:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
I haven't had much motivation to follow the draft prospects this year since my team's first pick is 16 I think. So it looks like its bottom fishing for me. Any prospects that might be around at 16? I was thinking Thomas from FSU, but 3 is about the last position we need to fill. Ideas?

Teana Muldrow (WVU)
Ariel Atkins (Texas)
Imani Wright (Florida State)
Myesha Hines-Allen (Louisville)
Tyra Buss (Indiana)
Katelynn Flaherty (Michigan)
Brooke McCarty (Texas)
Brittney McPhee (Stanford)
Lauryn Goodwin (OK State)
Carlie Wagner (Minnesota)
Linnae Harper (Ohio State)
Stephanie Mavunga (Ohio State)
Rebecca Greenwell (Duke)

Shades

PostPosted: 01/07/18 9:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

I've got Vivians going from 2nd round to first.

I've always had Russell going to Dallas. You guys flip flip flip from game to game. I bet you're no longer down on Gabby.

Randy

PostPosted: 01/07/18 9:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
Randy wrote:

Teana Muldrow (WVU)
Ariel Atkins (Texas)
Imani Wright (Florida State)
Myesha Hines-Allen (Louisville)
Tyra Buss (Indiana)
Katelynn Flaherty (Michigan)
Brooke McCarty (Texas)
Brittney McPhee (Stanford)
Lauryn Goodwin (OK State)
Carlie Wagner (Minnesota)
Linnae Harper (Ohio State)
Stephanie Mavunga (Ohio State)
Rebecca Greenwell (Duke)

Thanks. I think I've seen some of them but was probably watching other players at the time.

stever

PostPosted: 01/08/18 10:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Who is the best of the three prospects on FSU, Thomas, Wright or Alix?

http://cs.seminoles.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/FSU-Stats-1718-1.pdf?_ga=2.232993754.59518326.1515084618-151366500.1492611972

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 01/08/18 10:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

stever wrote:
Who is the best of the three prospects on FSU, Thomas, Wright or Alix?

Unquestionably Thomas. Not because she's great, but because I don't see the other two as being WNBA prospects.

Thomas has some potential and has the strength and athleticism. Is she willing to learn to play proper basketball and to really work on her shooting?

toad455

PostPosted: 01/08/18 11:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Right now, excluding McCowan, the potential 1st rounders are(*locks):

Wilson*(South Carolina)
K. Mitchell*(Ohio St.)
DeShields*(Tennessee)
G. Williams*(UCONN)
Vadeeva*(Russia)
Canada(UCLA)
Russell(Tennessee)
Scaife(Rutgers)
L. Brown(Duke)
Billings(UCLA)
S. Thomas(FSU)
Nared(Tennessee)
Nurse(UCONN)
Mavunga(Ohio St.)
K. Jensen(Oklahoma St.)
K. James(Murray St.)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 91, 92, 93  Next
Page 35 of 93

Jump to: