2018 WNBA Mock Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 91, 92, 93  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 12/24/17 3:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:
root_thing wrote:
Wilson . . . maybe a taller version of Tina Charles.

As the immortal Judge Wapner would say: This assumes facts not in evidence..

What does that mean? Do you think Wilson is significantly shorter than 6-5 or that Charles is taller than 6-4? USA Basketball used to list Charles as 6-3, and I think that's closer to her relative height compared to other posts I've seen. So far, I haven't noticed anything that would make me think Wilson is shorter than advertised.

We had a whole thread recently on Wilson's height, replete with several pictures of her over the years in USAB roster lineups and standing next to LaChina Robinson and others. I think tFan started it.

My conclusion from the pictures is that Wilson is 6-3 or a fraction over, which I'd say is about the same as Charles.
root_thing

PostPosted: 12/24/17 8:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:

We had a whole thread recently on Wilson's height, replete with several pictures of her over the years in USAB roster lineups and standing next to LaChina Robinson and others. I think tFan started it.

My conclusion from the pictures is that Wilson is 6-3 or a fraction over, which I'd say is about the same as Charles.

I missed that thread. If true, what does that say about Alaina Coates?

PostPosted: 12/25/17 1:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Root-thing, here's the thread. It's in the NCAA forum. Lots of pictures of A'ja at different ages, some confusing. Judge for yourself.

http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?t=92862
root_thing

PostPosted: 12/25/17 10:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
Root-thing, here's the thread. It's in the NCAA forum. Lots of pictures of A'ja at different ages, some confusing. Judge for yourself.

Based on that thread, I wouldn't draft LaChina Robinson.

PostPosted: 12/25/17 10:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:

Based on that thread, I wouldn't draft LaChina Robinson.

Nobody did back in 2002 when she graduated

PostPosted: 12/25/17 12:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I know conference play will give us better answers, but what's the update on Victoria Vivians? A lot of people had her in the second round as a low percentage volume shooter. Looks like she's been more consistent this season. In 13 games she's averaging 20.1ppg and 5.8 rpg while shooting a career best 54% from the field and 39% from 3. Can anyone see her going first round?

PostPosted: 12/25/17 2:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hangtyme24 wrote:
I know conference play will give us better answers, but what's the update on Victoria Vivians? A lot of people had her in the second round as a low percentage volume shooter. Looks like she's been more consistent this season. In 13 games she's averaging 20.1ppg and 5.8 rpg while shooting a career best 54% from the field and 39% from 3. Can anyone see her going first round?

She could very well go in the first round. For me it’s neved been her ability in that’s in question, but rather her decision making and basketball iq. If she keeps it up, in conference play, she could easily go mid to late first round.

Shades

PostPosted: 12/25/17 3:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Senior Watch: Point Guards
Note: These seven players are on the watch lists for both the Nancy Lieberman Award (top point guard) and the Naismith Trophy (top overall player), and all rank in the top 150 in assists per game (through games played on Dec. 23). Players are presented in descending order by assists per game.

http://www.wnba.com/news/senior-watch-season-giving/ (More analysis at link)

Jackie Kemph, Saint Louis
Kemph ranks fifth in the NCAA in assists per game (7.6 per game), an average that was boosted when she matched her career-high with 14 dimes in Saint Louis’ 101-57 win over Lipscomb on Dec. 17.

Jordin Canada, UCLA
Canada continues to do outstanding work on both sides of the ball for the 11th-ranked Bruins. On offense, she averages 14.3 points (2nd on team) and 6.5 assists (tied for 18th in NCAA) with an outstanding 3.94 assist/turnover ratio (6th in NCAA).

Lexie Brown, Duke
Brown leads the 14th-ranked Blue Devils in both scoring (20.8 ppg, 22nd in NCAA) and assists (4.8 per game, T-81st in NCAA) as she serves as the catalyst for Duke’s offense. Add 4.0 rebounds and 3.75 steals per game and you get a glimpse of Brown’s overall impact on the game on a nightly basis.

Brooke McCarty, Texas
McCarty was named Big 12 Conference Women’s Basketball Player of the Week after her outstanding performance (24 points, 10-13 FG, 6 assists, 0 turnovers) in Texas’ win over 12th-ranked and previous unbeaten Florida State on Dec. 17.

Morgan William, Mississippi State
The hero of Mississippi State’s Cinderella run to the NCAA title game last season is back for her senior season. While her scoring is down (career-low 7.2 points per game), she is still creating buckets for her teammates (4.5 assists per game ranks 104th in the NCAA). She leads the NCAA in assist/turnover ratio with an outstanding 5.36 assists for every turnover.

Kelsey Mitchell, Ohio State
In 12th-ranked Ohio State’s final game before the Christmas break, Mitchell dropped 31 points, a career-high nine assists and seven rebounds to lead the Buckeyes to an 87-76 win at Cincinnati.

Tianna Tarter, East Tennessee State
Tarter is the leading scorer (16.7 points per game) and playmaker (4.2 assists per game, tied for 138th in NCAA) for East Tennessee State. The 5’6″ guard also collects 4.2 rebounds per game and is the team’s leader in 3-pointers made with 19 on the season.

No Loryn Goodwin?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
LibFan25

PostPosted: 12/25/17 8:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UK1996 wrote:
hangtyme24 wrote:

She could very well go in the first round. For me it’s neved been her ability in that’s in question, but rather her decision making and basketball iq.
If she keeps it up, in conference play, she could easily go mid to late first round.

yeah she's taking smarter shots and driving the basketball more and using her body. she's got a Pro WNBA body at 6-1.

can't wait to see another Nared vs Vivians matchup, Nared is playing so good this year as a Liberty fan im startin to get afraid she won't be there at 10 lol

as far as Gabby goes, it will be interesting to see what Chicago does at 4 i think it will depend on Stevens if she comes out or not because i think right now it will be:

Aces: Wilson
Fever: Mitchell
Sky: Deshields

i could see Fever roll the dice with Diamond, but i think they will go with the best available player

and im with you Shades, Loryn Goodwin she be on that list.

toad455

PostPosted: 12/26/17 9:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm leaning towards Mitchell going #2 to Indiana, even if McGowan enters the draft. The big question mark for this draft is where will Vadeeva go?

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
stever

PostPosted: 12/26/17 9:45 am    ::: Work with brother helped Stephanie Mavunga raise her game Reply Reply with quote

http://www.dispatch.com/sports/20171225/ohio-state-womens-basketball--work-with-brother-helped-stephanie-mavunga-raise-her-game

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 12/26/17 11:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
I'm leaning towards Mitchell going #2 to Indiana, even if McGowan enters the draft. The big question mark for this draft is where will Vadeeva go?

If McCowan enters the draft there's a strong possiblity she goes #1 . Then Do you draft mitchell over Wilson if your Indiana ? Question Idea

PostPosted: 12/26/17 12:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

If McCowan enters the draft there's a strong possiblity she goes #1 . Then Do you draft mitchell over Wilson if your Indiana ? Question Idea

Indiana has a need at PG & in the post. Larkins & Dupree don't have much longer, but they at least have Wheeler to play PG.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 12/26/17 12:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Indiana has a need at PG & in the post. Larkins & Dupree don't have much longer, but they at least have Wheeler to play PG.

So you do draft Mitchell over Wilson ? And leave Chicago to draft both Wilson & Diamond ? Idea Idea Interestingggggggggg Cool Cool

PostPosted: 12/26/17 12:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

There is ZERO chance she goes number one.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 12/26/17 12:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

According to Whoooooooooom ? Cool Cool

PostPosted: 12/26/17 1:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Tianna Tarter, East Tennessee State
Tarter is the leading scorer (16.7 points per game) and playmaker (4.2 assists per game, tied for 138th in NCAA) for East Tennessee State. The 5’6″ guard also collects 4.2 rebounds per game and is the team’s leader in 3-pointers made with 19 on the season.

So you're looking at point guards from the SoCon and you pick Tianna Tarter? Not the one who's in the top 10 in the country in assists? Whatever...

PostPosted: 12/26/17 1:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

WNBA 09 I have a question for you? Where are you getting your information from? The staff at MSU has really worked hard with her .McCowan has gotten better over time but If she enter the draft she will not over take Wilson as the number 1 Pro prospect.

Last edited by allenleavell on 12/26/17 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 12/26/17 1:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

allenleavell wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

WNBA 09 I have a question for you? Where are you getting your information from? The staff at MSU has really worked hard with her .McGowan has gotten better over time but If she enter the draft she will not over take Wilson as the number 1 Pro prospect.

I only have inside information when referring to Dallas, bu Im just making conversation with the McCowan Hype , i would not be suprised to see LVFO draft her #1 if she declares . Remember this league is full of "BIG" players in his words.

PostPosted: 12/26/17 2:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

I would tend to assume that dtsnms has inside information when he makes a definitive statement like that.

I personally would still take Wilson because she is more of a finished product and can score. McGowan has the height but she is also more of a project. She will not be able to camp in the paint as she does in college. Laimbeer already had a project when he coaches Kiah Stokes and the results have been mixed.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 12/26/17 2:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not really worried about assumptions lol but, Why does everyone refer to her as McGowan Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 12/26/17 3:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wilson is more skilled than McCowan, period. Wilson would still be taken first before her even if she declares. Wilson can score, and is more versatile on both sides of the floor.

pilight

PostPosted: 12/26/17 3:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Not really worried about assumptions lol but, Why does everyone refer to her as McGowan Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Perhaps they're confusing her with Tierra McGowan from Morehead State

PostPosted: 12/26/17 4:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TotalCardinalMove wrote:
Wilson is more skilled than McCowan, period. Wilson would still be taken first before her even if she declares. Wilson can score, and is more versatile on both sides of the floor.

Don't need inside information to figure that out. Wilson is #1 under all conceivable scenarios.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Davis4632

PostPosted: 12/26/17 10:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
TotalCardinalMove wrote:

Don't need inside information to figure that out. Wilson is #1 under all conceivable scenarios.

Even if Stevens declares?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 91, 92, 93  Next
Page 34 of 93

Jump to: