2018 WNBA Mock Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 91, 92, 93  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 11/28/17 11:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

opps, changed my mind about making this post

ClayK

PostPosted: 11/29/17 10:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have no strong opinion, but the eye test casts Nurse as a little slow to defend wings in the WNBA -- but then again, everyone seems to agree she's a good defender, so the eye test could be less informative than usual.

She's a really good basketball player, no question, but it seems to me her level of athleticism will determine her pro ceiling.

PostPosted: 11/29/17 11:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So this thread is interesting, particularly all the team biases. The use of words are interesting also. Ie not athletic enough, a short 6 footer. Well compared to who? The fact that KML is an example used as a Uconn player to say they don’t do well is a joke right considering how many Uconn players are in the W. And yet last year some of the same people were touting Plum as a great prospect. SMH.

tfan

PostPosted: 11/29/17 12:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballjunkie wrote:
So this thread is interesting, particularly all the team biases. The use of words are interesting also. Ie not athletic enough, a short 6 footer. Well compared to who? The fact that KML is an example used as a Uconn player to say they don’t do well is a joke right considering how many Uconn players are in the W. And yet last year some of the same people were touting Plum as a great prospect. SMH.

Plum didn't get a boost from playing on a team that dominated opponents all the way to the final game each year, but she did get a boost from the scoring record. I don't remember Plum being touted as a #1 draft pick type player until it became clear she was going to break the scoring record, although I think her stock did go up when Washington made the Final Four her junior year.

Shades

PostPosted: 11/29/17 1:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Naismith Trophy Watch List
Kristine Anigwe California Junior C/F Pac-12
Ariel Atkins Texas Senior G Big 12
Kenisha Bell Minnesota Junior G Big Ten
Monique Billings UCLA Senior F Pac-12
Allazia Blockton Marquette Junior G Big East
Lexie Brown Duke Senior G ACC
Kalani Brown Baylor Junior C Big 12
Tyra Buss Indiana Senior G Big Ten
Jordin Canada UCLA Senior G Pac-12
Kaila Charles Maryland Sophomore G Big Ten
Napheesa Collier UConn Junior F AAC
Sophie Cunningham Missouri Junior G SEC
Crystal Dangerfield UConn Sophomore G AAC
Asia Durr Louisville Junior G ACC
Katelynn Flaherty Michigan Senior G Big Ten
Rebecca Greenwell Duke Senior G ACC
Marie Gulich Oregon State Senior C Pac-12
Megan Gustafson Iowa Junior F Big Ten
Linnae Harper Ohio State Senior G Big Ten
Ruthy Hebard Oregon Sophomore F Pac-12
Chanette Hicks Virginia Tech Junior G ACC
Myisha Hines-Allen Louisville Senior F ACC
Sabrina Ionescu Oregon Sophomore G Pac-12
Kaylee Jensen Oklahoma State Senior C Big 12
Jackie Kemph Saint Louis Senior G Atlantic 10
Kitija Laksa USF Junior F AAC
Marina Mabrey Notre Dame Junior G ACC
Tynice Martin West Virginia Junior G Big 12
Stephanie Mavunga Ohio State Senior F Big Ten
Brooke McCarty Texas Senior G Big 12
Teaira McCowan Mississippi State Junior C SEC
Brittany McPhee Stanford Senior G Pac-12
Kelsey Mitchell Ohio State Senior G Big Ten
Teana Muldrow West Virginia Senior F Big 12
Jaime Nared Tennessee Senior G SEC
Kia Nurse UConn Senior G AAC
Arike Ogunbowale Notre Dame Junior G ACC
Caliya Robinson Georgia Junior F SEC
Mercedes Russell Tennessee Senior C SEC
Katie Lou Samuelson UConn Junior G/F AAC
Jessica Shepard Notre Dame Junior F ACC
Azura Stevens UConn Junior F AAC
Tianna Tarter ETSU Senior G SoCon
Shakayla Thomas Florida State Senior F ACC
Victoria Vivians Mississippi State Senior G SEC
Morgan Williams Mississippi State Senior G SEC
Danni Williams Texas A&M Junior G SEC
Gabby Williams UConn Senior F AAC
A'ja Wilson South Carolina Senior F SEC
Jackie Young Notre Dame Sophomore G

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 11/30/17 12:15 am; edited 1 time in total
#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 11/29/17 2:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I saw a Uconn fan call Gabby the female Kawhi Leonard, I think that's a good comparison for her. Yes Gabby isn't a outside shooter yet, but If she puts the work in, she could be the best 2way player in the WNBA in a few seasons.
Richyyy

PostPosted: 11/29/17 2:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:
I saw a Uconn fan call Gabby the female Kawhi Leonard, I think that's a good comparison for her. Yes Gabby isn't a outside shooter yet, but If she puts the work in, she could be the best 2way player in the WNBA in a few seasons.

I could see that, but there are also a whole host of players on the other side of the 'can they learn to shoot after being drafted?' ledger. Leonard became a really good outside shooter, and that's a big part of how effective he became as an offensive player. Some just can't do it, even if they do work really hard on it, and that would put a different ceiling on Williams as a player.

PostPosted: 11/29/17 3:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

McCowan is a Junior this year .

PostPosted: 11/29/17 3:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The NCAA women's basketball season is just a few weeks old. My viewpoint is that the canvas the players are putting their artwork on is just beginning. I know that my favorite team has the third and fourth pick of the 2018 draft.
I want to watch women that play high energy defense. Defense or the lack thereof was one of the major problems the Sky had last season.

PostPosted: 11/29/17 5:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Let's slow down a bit here...

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 11/29/17 6:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Those break pads have been given an extra layer i see . I agree pump the brakes Leonard = Gabby ? Arrow Arrow Arrow Arrow Arrow

PostPosted: 11/29/17 10:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
I have no strong opinion, but the eye test casts Nurse as a little slow to defend wings in the WNBA -- but then again, everyone seems to agree she's a good defender, so the eye test could be less informative than usual.

She's a really good basketball player, no question, but it seems to me her level of athleticism will determine her pro ceiling.

agree. She does look a bit too slow to become really good in the W. On the other hand she has quite a few of the nec. skills. And sometimes I think she is just being deliberate, rather than slow...so we shall see.

- Amanda Gorman
zune69

PostPosted: 11/30/17 1:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballjunkie wrote:

a short 6 footer. Well compared to who?

Compared to her teammate Gabby Williams.....Gabby is listed at 5'11 while Nurse is listed at 6'0..Gabby IMO has a bigger frame,longer wingspan,greater reach,and is slightly taller.

Maya's 6'0...

Last edited by zune69 on 11/30/17 8:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Michelle89

PostPosted: 11/30/17 3:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:

If she hasnt got an outside shot then she is more like Andre iquodala then Kawhi

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Aladyyn

PostPosted: 11/30/17 6:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
sigur3 wrote:

If she hasnt got an outside shot then she is more like Andre iquodala then Kawhi

Kawhi shot 25% from 3 in college.

Randy

PostPosted: 11/30/17 8:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kawhi was also the No. 15 draft pick in 2011 and traded on draft night. I think it is pretty safe to say he exceeded expectations.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 11/30/17 11:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
sigur3 wrote:

Andre at least has a respectable shot from 3 .

PostPosted: 11/30/17 11:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
sigur3 wrote:

Kawhi shot 25% from 3 in college.

I thought we are talking about the best 2 year player version of Kawhi not the college version.. There are not a lot of players outthere that go from having no outside shot to being one of the best 3pointshooters in the league..

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 11/30/17 10:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So Lexi Brown is basically having another 50/40/90 season, she’s an elite level shooter and can create her own shot from 3, I would take her over Mitchell right now, I don’t think she’ll last past number 6.
Richyyy

PostPosted: 11/30/17 11:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So Lexi Brown is basically having another 50/40/90 season, she’s an elite level shooter and can create her own shot from 3, I would take her over Mitchell right now, I don’t think she’ll last past number 6.

Her numbers at Duke are certainly impressive. Is she a legitimate point guard prospect at the next level rather than just a scorer? If the top four go as some combination of Wilson/DeShields/Mitchell/Williams (or others), I wonder if Seattle could see Brown/Loyd as their eventual backcourt when Bird finally walks off into the sunset. After Wilson it seems like they might be reaching if they only looked at true bigs at #5.

PostPosted: 12/01/17 9:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:

Her numbers at Duke are certainly impressive. Is she a legitimate point guard prospect at the next level rather than just a scorer? If the top four go as some combination of Wilson/DeShields/Mitchell/Williams (or others), I wonder if Seattle could see Brown/Loyd as their eventual backcourt when Bird finally walks off into the sunset. After Wilson it seems like they might be reaching if they only looked at true bigs at #5.

Yea lexi will be gone by 5. Seattle needs her peterson is not the answer!

PostPosted: 12/01/17 9:19 am    ::: WNBA approves four rule changes for 2018 season Reply Reply with quote

https://www.theday.com/article/20171130/SPORT10/171139953/

Quote:
Teams will be permitted to trade first-round draft picks in successive seasons. First-round draft picks in both the immediately succeeding draft and the next draft may be traded from Feb. 1 until the immediately succeeding draft. Teams were previously required to retain at least one first-round pick in either the immediately succeeding draft or the next draft.

#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 12/01/17 9:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

Yea lexi will be gone by 5. Seattle needs her peterson is not the answer!

I wouldn’t mind Dallas taking her at 6, I think she could play alongside Diggins in the backcourt, move Davis and keep Powers in a backup role. I noticed Fred has been at a few Uconn games, maybe he’s targeting Williams.
RavenDog

PostPosted: 12/01/17 1:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
ClayK wrote:

agree. She does look a bit too slow to become really good in the W. On the other hand she has quite a few of the nec. skills. And sometimes I think she is just being deliberate, rather than slow...so we shall see.

Take Katie Smith's face and hair and transform them to Kia Nurse's body and you have Katie Smith reincarnated. When playing, their form may be different, but the team that drafts her has themselves a Katie Smith.

Someone on this forum said NY is interested in her... I wonder why? Katie's back. All Katie has to do is tell Nurse what to do as she would herself and the coaching's pretty much done and she's she's ready to go.

Kia Nurse is the most complete player on the UConn team and in the WNBA draft.

As someone else said on this forum, whichever team gets Kia Nurse will be getting the steal of the Draft. Let's wait and see.

But, that's enough on Nurse...

Let's move on to Billings. The player that comes to mind watching her is Rebecca Brunson. An aggressive, strong sturdy rebounder with a motor. She'll do the hard work and make your scoring center and other shooters look good. Currently, she has a weak midrange game and no long range one but neither did Rebecca at first. Want Rebecca Brunson on your team? Here she is...

Last edited by RavenDog on 12/01/17 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
PUmatty

PostPosted: 12/01/17 1:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
myrtle wrote:
ClayK wrote:

Take Katie Smith's face and hair and transform them to Kia Nurse's body and you have Katie Smith reincarnated. When playing, their form may be different, but the team that drafts her has themselves a Katie Smith.

Someone on this forum said NY is interested in her... I wonder why? Katie's back. All Katie has to do is tell Nurse what to do as she would herself and she's she's ready to go.

Shocked

Katie Smith is one of the best offensive players in the history of the league. That's a serious stretch.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 91, 92, 93  Next
Page 27 of 93

Jump to: