RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2018 WNBA Mock Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 91, 92, 93  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RavenDog

PostPosted: 10/18/17 1:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Chicago doesn't really need A'ja Wilson as much as Indy and Las Vegas. Being a SA Stars fan/supporter, of course I'm hoping for LVS to get her but, if not, I'd prefer Indy to help balance the league competition and maybe help keep them viable.

With no Lottery date announced, could it be that another team is in trouble and being shopped for a sale or going defunct?

Another factor: "Will all the current Stars' players want to move to Las Vegas or will some ask to be traded?"

For example, Jefferson's from the Dallas area. Would she rather play in/for Dallas? Would she prefer to play in Seattle with her buddies Stewie, Loyd, and KML?

You can be sure that the WNBA will keep us informed...

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 10/18/17 1:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
Chicago doesn't really need A'ja Wilson as much as Indy and Las Vegas. Being a SA Stars fan/supporter, of course I'm hoping for LVS to get her but, if not, I'd prefer Indy to help balance the league competition and maybe help keep them viable.

With no Lottery date announced, could it be that another team is in trouble and being shopped for a sale or going defunct?

Another factor: "Will all the current Stars' players want to move to Las Vegas or will some ask to be traded?"

For example, Jefferson's from the Dallas area. Would she rather play in/for Dallas? Would she prefer to play in Seattle with her buddies Stewie, Loyd, and KML?

Jefferson is actually from the Houston area , just played on an AAU team based from dallas . She has never lived in this area . (Dallas)

PostPosted: 10/18/17 2:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
RavenDog wrote:

Jefferson is actually from the Houston area , just played on an AAU team based from dallas . She has never lived in this area . (Dallas)

Moriah Jefferson was born in Dallas, Texas on March 8, 1994. Her hometown is Glenn Heights, Texas a suburb of Dallas, Texas.

You may be thinking of Ogwumike or somebody else....

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 10/18/17 2:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
RavenDog wrote:

Moriah Jefferson was born in Dallas, Texas on March 8, 1994. Her hometown is Glenn Heights, Texas a suburb of Dallas, Texas.

You are correct i do apologize . The heights portion made me think of houston . Moriah is from Glenn heights right outside of Desoto , Tx a suburb of Dallas.

PostPosted: 10/18/17 2:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
RavenDog wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
RavenDog wrote:

You are correct i do apologize . The heights portion made me think of houston . Moriah is from Glenn heights right outside of Desoto , Tx a suburb of Dallas.

You are forgiven! Laughing

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 10/18/17 3:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:

I agree with the statement about Chicago not needing Aja either , If they get #1 & 2 Though can they really afford to pass her up ? Or do They let her drop to 3 ?

PostPosted: 10/18/17 3:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is Chicago supposed to move forward with Jessica Breland as their PF? Of course they need Wilson. Not in terms of "we need a franchise player" but in terms of filling a hole on the roster? Absolutely.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 10/18/17 3:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
Is Chicago supposed to move forward with Jessica Breland as their PF? Of course they need Wilson. Not in terms of "we need a franchise player" but in terms of filling a hole on the roster? Absolutely.

Coates will be ready next season . Her and Dolson will most likely be there starters in the post . Adding wilson to go with breland ? Do they really need 4 posts in which probably 1 wont get off the bench ?

PostPosted: 10/18/17 3:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:

Coates will be ready next season . Her and Dolson will most likely be there starters in the post . Adding wilson to go with breland ? Do they really need 4 posts in which probably 1 wont get off the bench ?

What makes you believe that Dolson-Coates will work better than Dolson-Boyette? Sure, Coates is probably better than Boyette, but Dolson seriously struggled in that kind of frontcourt early this season.

To me, Wilson+DeShields sounds like the perfect draft scenario for the Sky.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 10/18/17 4:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Sky should draft the two BEST players available.
It does not matter if they get a post, wing, or a guard.
They need to draft the players that fit into the scheme on how they want to play. Stocks should draft players that she wants and NOT worry about drafting the most popular players.

PostPosted: 10/18/17 7:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Please no more double-center lineups. It was terrible with Dolson and Boyette and would be terrible with Dolson and Coates. Neither player can defend opposing 4s and Coates has no game outside of 5 feet. The Sky want to play fast, and this would be the worst possible frontcourt combination for that strategy.

myrtle

PostPosted: 10/18/17 7:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
Please no more double-center lineups. It was terrible with Dolson and Boyette and would be terrible with Dolson and Coates. Neither player can defend opposing 4s and Coates has no game outside of 5 feet. The Sky want to play fast, and this would be the worst possible frontcourt combination for that strategy.

I would be surprised if Coates got a lot of playing time next year.

- Amanda Gorman
RavenDog

PostPosted: 10/18/17 8:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
sigur3 wrote:

Has there been a decision on Coates? Is she going to play for Chicago?

sigur3

PostPosted: 10/18/17 9:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
myrtle wrote:
sigur3 wrote:

She hasn't signed yet but I've spoken to her at Sky games and she seemed committed to the franchise. You can probably pencil her in.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 10/18/17 9:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
RavenDog wrote:
myrtle wrote:
sigur3 wrote:

She hasn't signed yet but I've spoken to her at Sky games and she seemed committed to the franchise. You can probably pencil her in.

Would be nice from a Sky perspective if she played for someone overseas to make re-entering the draft impossible, though. Has she joined an overseas team yet?

PostPosted: 10/18/17 10:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Diamond Deshields Scored 20 Pts & 5 Boards Against Kayla McBrides Yakin Dogu Team In a losing effort..93-83!

PostPosted: 10/18/17 10:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
sigur3 wrote:
RavenDog wrote:
myrtle wrote:
sigur3 wrote:

Would be nice from a Sky perspective if she played for someone overseas to make re-entering the draft impossible, though. Has she joined an overseas team yet?

Good question! I have not seen her listed anywhere now we must begin our research or *Cough Cough* Pilight....

PostPosted: 10/18/17 10:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nevada native Gabby Williams of UConn weighs in on WNBA coming to Las Vegas

http://elmcitytoeaglevillenhr.blogspot.com/2017/10/nevada-native-gabby-williams-of-uconn.html

Quote:
"It's pretty far for me like eight hours so it is not really home," Williams said. "I was kind of sad because I heard there were rumors that they were moving to the Bay Area or Sacramento."

Sacramento is about a 2 1/2 hour drive from Williams' hometown of Sparks, Nevada while Las Vegas is only slightly closer to her home than Los Angeles is.

"It is exciting because it is closer than any other team," Williams said.

Quote:
"Basketball is not really that big in Nevada as far as women's basketball so hopefully having a WNBA team there will hopefully grow the popularity of it and hopefully encourage some of the younger girls in Nevada to start playing basketball," Williams said.

Got a little carried away with the "hopefully's".

Quote:
Speaking of the 2018 WNBA Draft, don't look for Napheesa Collier's name to be among the draft prospects.

Collier would be eligible for the draft since she turns 22 in 2018, however when I spoke to her on Monday in Philadelphia, she made it clear that she intends on playing all four seasons with the Huskies.

"I want to be here as long as I can and learn as much as I can from the coaches so I am not thinking about it," Collier said.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 10/19/17 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
toad455

PostPosted: 10/19/17 8:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Coates & Dolson seem like similar types of post players. I don't think having them on the court together will do them much good. Coates will back-up Dolson at center and Parker will back-up Breland at PF.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 10/19/17 9:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:
The reason the brouhaha happened in the first place was that no-one would take Plum and SA ended up with her thinking they would be able to trade for what they really wanted, they couldn't and they were not happy about that.

What did they want? There were at least a couple of trade rumors and I believe those rumors. Did San Antonio get too greedy? They showed a live stream interview with Reilly. She said they wanted Plum on the team, and she seemed genuine to me.

Nixtreefan wrote:
People may have changed their mind or not but who knows, she doesn't seem like a player Laimbeer likes.

Who knows what he likes since he hasn't had complete control for a couple of years. Now that he has complete control, will he switch back to his big lead guard style? He's got three small ones now (including Colson), so it looks like he'll have to be bit flexible unless he blows up the team... which I'm not seeing but you never know.

Nixtreefan wrote:
I don't doubt that Wilson will probably go 1 but she is who she is a big body left hand dominant 6'3" post.

Oh, using the make her look shorter than she really is technique.

Nixtreefan wrote:
She is no where near as athletic as Nneka.

She's at least 2 inches taller than Nneka, and why are we talking about Nneka? Has there been a trade proposal? Nneka is already 6 years in. Won't be long before Clay is calling her old. High energy post players tend to slow down with age. She might have to change her style for the long haul. Could explain why she's adding some perimeter to her game, like Glory Johnson.

Nixtreefan wrote:
There is a huge difference between playing in the paint in the W and playing in the paint in college where there are currently very few bigs and a lot of undersized posts.

Yeah, and Nneka is trending toward the undersized post.

First I guess Plums agent got her panties in a bunch because they knew that SA really wanted Plum and were going to start her at the PG position or have you forgotten how that went down.

Second I wasn't referring to size for Laimbeer, I was referring to his defensive minded approach to the game.

I am no trying to make Wilson look shorter, it is called the eye test, I saw Stewart as taller very recently, she could be about 6' 4" which made Wilson about 6' 3" and as I stated she has a big body which will help her but she is not as athletic as a player like Nneka who I agree is shorter and has to use her athleticism against bigger posts in the W.

And as why I was talking about Nneka was in reference to a comment comparing Wilson to Nneka.

Aladyyn

PostPosted: 10/19/17 12:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Coates & Dolson seem like similar types of post players. I don't think having them on the court together will do them much good. Coates will back-up Dolson at center and Parker will back-up Breland at PF.

That sounds really bad. Maybe the Sky really do need Wilson more than any of the other teams Wink

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 10/19/17 1:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
toad455 wrote:

That sounds really bad. Maybe the Sky really do need Wilson more than any of the other teams Wink

Coates & Dolson are not the same type of players . Dolson has more of a outside game and offensive game period for that matter. Coates reminds me of a Cheryl ford type , rebounding and defense . Wont look for too much offense out of her.

PostPosted: 10/19/17 2:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Coates & Dolson are not the same type of players . Dolson has more of a outside game and offensive game period for that matter. Coates reminds me of a Cheryl ford type , rebounding and defense . Wont look for too much offense out of her.

Confused

Cheryl Ford averaged double digits in all but two season of her career, in era when scoring was lower league-wide.

UK1996

PostPosted: 10/19/17 2:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think people are being over dramatic about Breland. Sure she's not ideal, but she did average career highs in scoring, and rebounding this season. Grab a combo of Deshields/Mitchell/Williams, she'll be fine starting. That being said Wilson would look good in Sky Blue.

PostPosted: 10/19/17 2:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Confused

Cheryl Ford averaged double digits in all but two season of her career, in era when scoring was lower league-wide.

Right , but she did not have a great offensive arsenal . Most of her points where trashcan points . She owned the glass and got alot of put backs. I can recall maybe 1 or 2 post moves she contained . A back down power drop step then she improved her face up game a bit as the years passed. But to be honest she was always Detroits 3rd or 4th Option during the championship years. #1 Nolan #2-3 Swin Or Katie whichever order you prefer. Pre-Katie #1 Nolan #2 Swin #3 Cheryl & at times it was Ruth Riley.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 91, 92, 93  Next
Page 19 of 93

Jump to: