RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2018 WNBA Mock Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 91, 92, 93  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 09/05/17 9:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Dallas wants DD, it wouldn't be a surprise considering the way they play but are they going to get rid of Davis Wink

Shades

PostPosted: 09/05/17 9:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:
package the pick with Davis for a 2019 pick. Dallas doesn’t really have any pressing need from this draft, and should try and keep the same team only adding Liz.

For one thing, 2018 is a good draft. 2019 could be a little better top end but then falls off a cliff. You'd have to trade with a team you suspect will be in the lottery (SAN or IND). The thought of enticing a team by adding Davis to the deal to take your 2018 #6 pick in the draft doesn't make much sense to me. I don't like the idea of trading out of the first round in 2018. Cooper did it and look what happened to him.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 09/05/17 9:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My team needs billings if we stick to #6 . If not Package Christmas & #6 for a higher pick !

PostPosted: 09/05/17 10:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
You got it narrowed down to the bottom half of the first round.

It's hard to predict what dallas is going to do with the 6th pick.Had to list all possible options.

Shades wrote:
No.... but let's see what she does in the playoffs. It's been another wonky year for her. Kinda wonder if the passion is there or the year round basketball is too much for her.

Stokes is still a valued asset,especially on defense.

Shades wrote:
I doubt it. She's been a pita, but she's their pita.

I hope dallas keeps Johnson.The "Big 3" of Cambage,Diggins,and Johnson gives the wings legit championship talent.The wings coaching staff is a different story.I would like to see them hire a defensive coach if possible.

Shades wrote:
How do you know? Is that what Megdal is reporting?

The "Salary database" thread.

Shades wrote:
Diggins is signed at least through the 2019 season.

Extending Skylar's contract would be in the best interest of the dallas franchise.

Shades wrote:
And more importantly, she's not a great fit.

I agree.

Shades wrote:
Got any predictions on that?

McCowen is very raw.Staying in college for 2 more years will do her some good.Stevens and Collier will be the best frontcourt duo in WCB,both players will bypass the 2018 draft.

zune69

PostPosted: 09/05/17 10:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
My team needs billings if we stick to #6 . If not Package Christmas & #6 for a higher pick !

Why would any team give up a higher pick for Christmas when they can just sign her and keep their pick ?

ClayK

PostPosted: 09/05/17 10:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Someone please explain to me why Diamond DeShields is going to be an elite WNBA player. Like Kaela Davis, the evidence seems to me to begin and end with the potential inherent in the combination of size, athleticism and some offensive skills. But there is a major difference between potential and production, and DeShields has never been nearly as productive as her potential suggests -- and given her history, it's hard to see her as a team player willing to do what's best for the group in a given situation.

One other bit of evidence: USA Basketball had her lined up to be an Olympian, putting her in top-level international competitions at the youngest possible age. Now, crickets ...

PostPosted: 09/05/17 10:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stevens has to prove to Geno she can play D, he benched her in Italy for being soft and Collier will still be undersized in the W with the same issues as Everyone is stating for Williams but Williams is the better athlete.

Shades

PostPosted: 09/05/17 10:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Shades wrote:
You got it narrowed down to the bottom half of the first round.

It's hard to predict what dallas is going to do with the 6th pick.Had to list all possible options.

Instead of a prediction, tell us who they should draft.

zune69 wrote:

Shades wrote:
How do you know? Is that what Megdal is reporting?

The "Salary database" thread.

That's Megdal.

zune69 wrote:
Shades wrote:
Diggins is signed at least through the 2019 season.

Extending Skylar's contract would be in the best interest of the dallas franchise.

Hmm... I thought they gave her 4 years on her last contract but I can't confirm.

LibFan25

PostPosted: 09/05/17 10:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballjunkie wrote:
Stevens has to prove to Geno she can play D, he benched her in Italy for being soft and Collier will still be undersized in the W with the same issues as Everyone is stating for Williams but Williams is the better athlete.

Collier is 6'1 has Long arms, I don't know her reach but you can tell from just watching her.

I like Collier's game, she can shoot, she can run the floor, not as athletic as Gabby but I like her. I don't think she will declare 2018 though

Last edited by LibFan25 on 09/05/17 10:34 am; edited 2 times in total
Shades

PostPosted: 09/05/17 10:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Why would any team give up a higher pick for Christmas when they can just sign her and keep their pick ?

Why let her walk if they don't have anybody else to core?

zune69

PostPosted: 09/05/17 10:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

Instead of a prediction, tell us who they should draft. .

As of right now,dallas should draft Russell,but things can change.

Shades wrote:

Log Jam...specifically Davis.....signing Christmas and trading Davis is another option.

Last edited by zune69 on 09/05/17 10:44 am; edited 2 times in total
Rock Hard

PostPosted: 09/05/17 10:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Someone please explain to me why Diamond DeShields is going to be an elite WNBA player. Like Kaela Davis, the evidence seems to me to begin and end with the potential inherent in the combination of size, athleticism and some offensive skills. But there is a major difference between potential and production, and DeShields has never been nearly as productive as her potential suggests -- and given her history, it's hard to see her as a team player willing to do what's best for the group in a given situation.

One other bit of evidence: USA Basketball had her lined up to be an Olympian, putting her in top-level international competitions at the youngest possible age. Now, crickets ...

THANK YOU, CLAYK. Every time I read someone's 2018 mock draft they always have DeShields name with Chicago attached to it. No and HELL NO!
DeShields reminds me of a retired NBA player Todd Day. Day would flash a great game with the frequency of Planet X orbiting our solar system. Milwaukee Bucks fans would pull all the hair from their scalps waiting for this man to deliver on his potential. The man did not blow up to be a superstar. Neither will DeShields.

PostPosted: 09/05/17 10:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune23 wrote:
Shades wrote:

Log Jam...specifically Davis.....signing Christmas and trading Davis is another option.

I'm not saying they have to keep her, but you don't let her walk away for nothing. Stumbling Miller was even able to get something for Little after coring her. The something that he got hasn't really panned out but that's another story that could change.

myrtle

PostPosted: 09/05/17 11:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
ClayK wrote:

THANK YOU, CLAYK. Every time I read someone's 2018 mock draft they always have DeShields name with Chicago attached to it. No and HELL NO!
DeShields reminds me of a retired NBA player Todd Day. Day would flash a great game with the frequency of Planet X orbiting our solar system. Milwaukee Bucks fans would pull all the hair from their scalps waiting for this man to deliver on his potential. The man did not blow up to be a superstar. Neither will DeShields.

Thanks for clarifying what happened to your hair!

- Amanda Gorman
myrtle

PostPosted: 09/05/17 11:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have to giggle at the idea that Cambage will take you to the promised land. Yeah, she might...for one year only, then what?

And to say that a team that ended up under .500 has no needs? Hello!

- Amanda Gorman
Shades

PostPosted: 09/05/17 11:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
I have to giggle at the idea that Cambage will take you to the promised land.

I'm not laughing.

myrtle wrote:
Yeah, she might...for one year only, then what?

One year is better than nothing. It's not costing them anything other than losing Lewis, who would be available later if they liked her that much. Cambage hasn't really played for this team or city. She might find it to her liking and become the next Lauren Jackson. And if she doesn't, what do you lose?

myrtle wrote:

Might they need a new coach? Who's available though.

#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 09/05/17 11:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
I have to giggle at the idea that Cambage will take you to the promised land. Yeah, she might...for one year only, then what?

Diggins-Smith/Chong
Gray/Powers
Christmas-Kelly/Thornton
Johnson/Plaisance/Akhator
Cambage/Paris/Lewis or Hamblin

You get Powers at the start of the season with Cambage, an improved Gray. Three legit All Stars in Sky, Liz, and Glory, with scoring ability, that alone should put them pass Connecticut, Phoenix, New York, and keep them above Seattle and Atlanta. I think added Cambage can take them from 16 wins to about 20 or 22.
Rock Hard

PostPosted: 09/05/17 11:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:

Diggins-Smith/Chong
Gray/Powers
Christmas-Kelly/Thornton

You get Powers at the start of the season with Cambage, an improved Gray. Three legit All Stars in Sky, Liz, and Glory, with scoring ability, that alone should put them pass Connecticut, Phoenix, New York, and keep them above Seattle and Atlanta. I think added Cambage can take them from 16 wins to about 20 or 22.

I believe everyone would agree that Dallas would be a better team with Cambage on the roster. The main problem is Cambage has been a no show for Dallas. More people have seen Big Foot than Cambage appearance playing in the WNBA.

PostPosted: 09/05/17 11:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I remember a few years ago there was a long discussion on the Hawks message board about trading Millsap for Bigfoot. So yeah he has been around more than Liz

Shades

PostPosted: 09/05/17 11:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
myrtle wrote:

Diggins-Smith/Chong
Gray/Powers
Christmas-Kelly/Thornton

I believe everyone would agree that Dallas would be a better team with Cambage on the roster. The main problem is Cambage has been a no show for Dallas. More people have seen Big Foot than Cambage appearance playing in the WNBA.

2015: Achilles rehab
2016: Olympics top priority
2017: I'm sad (meaning she wanted to try out being a DJ; had gigs set up)

She seems over the DJ thing, but we'll see.

myrtle

PostPosted: 09/05/17 11:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

Might they need a new coach? Who's available though.

Cooper Laughing

I actually like Fred quite a lot as a person, but some of his coaching decisions/lineup choices really left me shaking my head. It may be that he is simply too nice to be a good coach.

Still I think they do best to keep their #6 pick. It's not like any of their big positions (from SF on up) couldn't use improvement, either as starters or backups. Christmas is competent but not outstanding and Thornton is not really an SF so that position, as well as the C, stands out as positions in need of help. Having only 4 guards with a bunch of mediocre bigs is also one injury away from disaster. [see Indiana] Chong would need to improve a lot to be able to fill in for more than a few minutes here and there...so they might as well end the Akhator experiment and bring in someone - either big or small, that could actually contribute. JMO of course.

- Amanda Gorman
toad455

PostPosted: 09/05/17 11:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think the hope of Cambage coming over was the fact she visited the team this summer with Erin Phillips giving her a tour of the arena and city. I won't hold my breath either, but there is some hope for her to play in 2018.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Shades

PostPosted: 09/05/17 12:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:

Still I think they do best to keep their #6 pick.

I agree. Trading it for a future pick is a silly notion.

myrtle wrote:
It's not like any of their big positions (from SF on up) couldn't use improvement, either as starters or backups.

I don't think they need help at SF. Post could use some help.

myrtle wrote:
Christmas is competent but not outstanding

She gotta go....

myrtle wrote:
Thornton is not really an SF so that position

I disagree that she can't play the SF. I've seen her nail down some threes, and she's not built that much differently than say Maya. Don't forget they have Powers and a couple of the players you consider guards are 6'0 and 6'2. What is a SF other than a big guard who can rebound and hopefully hit the three with some consistency. So if you have Dallas keeping Christmas, they are definitely overloaded at SF.

myrtle wrote:
Having only 4 guards with a bunch of mediocre bigs is also one injury away from disaster. [see Indiana]

Agree about the mediocrity of the bigs. Even zune is showing a willingness to cut the umbilical cord with Paris.

myrtle wrote:
so they might as well end the Akhator experiment and bring in someone - either big or small, that could actually contribute.

You realize Curt Miller disparaged WNBA enthusiasts because they didn't rate Akhtar high enough. That's where the basement thing came from. Are you looking to get more barbs from him? Surprised

dtsnms

PostPosted: 09/05/17 12:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

You realize Curt Miller disparaged WNBA enthusiasts because they didn't rate Akhtar high enough. That's where the basement thing came from. Are you looking to get more barbs from him? Surprised

No, just ONE WNBA enthusiast he disparaged Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

dtsnms

PostPosted: 09/05/17 12:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Brianna Turner sitting out the season. Doubt she'll be in the draft.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 91, 92, 93  Next
Page 11 of 93

Jump to: