RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2018 WNBA Mock Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 91, 92, 93

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/18/18 8:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good one spoon and its most definitely possible. I dont think Chong hurt herself in anyway last season. I do however see Goodwin as an upgrade. Quicker player stronger and can create her own shot. Ill take that !

PostPosted: 04/18/18 8:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon - thanks for putting in all the effort. There are a bunch of players on your waiver wire I would rather see on the Dream than Elonu.

Mojo

PostPosted: 04/18/18 9:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Good one spoon and its most definitely possible. I dont think Chong hurt herself in anyway last season. I do however see Goodwin as an upgrade. Quicker player stronger and can create her own shot. Ill take that !

Chong makes smart safe decisions. She was methodical in contrast to Diggins' style. The clips I have seen of Goodwin portray her as more aggressive. When driving the basket she makes something out of nothing by contorting her body to have a legitimate shot

Shades

PostPosted: 04/18/18 9:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Goodwin is like keeping Diggins out on the floor even though she’s on the bench.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 04/18/18 9:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

My thought process was this in terms of Chong and Googwin. Personally I would keep them both and cut Akhator, but it seems to be consensus that being drafted so high will give Akhator another season to make it. Also with Thorton being able to play some 3 and Plaisance not being %100 percent I could see the Wings going with an extra post/wing instead of guard.

The reason I give Chong the nod is she was decent last year, she allows Diggins to play off the ball and similar to my feeling about L. Allen in NY she isn't going to wow you, but she isn't going to screw up either, she'll give her all on D, and knows her role. Goodwin might be better, but I'm not sure she is better for Dallas. Goodwin is used to having the ball in her hand and being the first option, I think she can adjust but on a team with Diggins, Gray, Davis, Christmas, GloJo and Cambage you need someone who is going to come in 10 minutes a night, not turnover the ball, and set up her teammates, so while Goodwin might be better overall, I think Chong is better at that, she has been doing it her whole career, and did just that last year as a rookie back up, so I think her steady hand and experience with the team wins the day.

But decisions like this is also what I'm talking about when I say teams will have to make some tough choices, and when you get to those deep role players it might not always be the best player who wins out, but the best fit.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 04/18/18 9:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
All in one place final rosters (going all the way no equivocating) and top of the waiver wire (just for fun I'm bored)

Atl
Clarendon/Montgomery
Hayes/Sykes/Lucas
McCoughtry/Elonu
Breland/Dantas/Billings
E. Williams/McGhee-Stafford

wire Dietrick, Engram, Hart

Chi
Sloot/Faulkner
Quigley/Copper
Deshields/G. Williams/Montgomery
Dolson/Bulgak/Hooper
Coates/Ch. Parker

wire N'Dour, Epps, Harper, Hooper, Alston, Coleman

Conn
J, Thomas/L. Brown
C. Williams/Bentley/Banham
Stricklen/Griffin
A. Thomas/C. Ogwumike/Tuck
J. Jones/George

wire B. Jones, Laney, Romero, January, Cowling

Indy
K. Mitchell/Wheeler
T. Mitchell/S. Johnson/Bend Abdelkader
Vivians/Coleman
Dupree/Mavunga
Larkins/Alexander/Achonwa

wire Hamson, Gwathmey, Pohlen-Mavunga, Simms, McCall, Graves

NY
Harltey/Boyd/L. Allen
Rodgers/Prince
Zelous/Nurse
Charles/Zahui B.
Stokes/Vaughn/Russell

wire B. Allen, S. Murphy, Faris, Gray, Alleyne

Wash
Toliver/Cloud
Hill/Atkins/SWK
Currie/TRP
EDD/Hawkins/Hines-Allen
K. Thomas/Saunders

wire Taylor, Peters, Moore, Atkinson

Dallas
Diggins/Chong
A. Gray/Davis
KCK/Powers/Thorton
GloJo/Stevens/Akhator
Cambage/Plaisance

wire (yes I have Chong beating) Goodwin, Lewis, Butler, Hamblin

LA
C. Gray/Dabovic
Sims/Pondexter
Beard/Carson/Weise
N. Ogwumike/TJJ
Parker/Lavender/Vadeeva

wire (about 30 people, highlights) R. Williams (possibly traded for future 3rd round pick on cut day) S. Thomas, Samuelson and more

LV
Plum/Colson/Jefferson (until healthy)
McBride/Holmes
Young/Nared/Burdick (can play some 4 also)
Wilson/Harrison
Bone/Swords

side note Dos Santos was suspended last year and could still be under contract even though we've heard nothing and she probably won't show
Also I still see a trade coming for this team
wire Park, Coffey, Hamby, Gemelos, Ayayi

Minn
Whalen/D-Rob
Augustus/Wright/Jones
Moore/Zandalasini
Brunson/Kizer/Barta
Fowles/Fagbenle

wire Wagner, Pierre-Loius, Miyem
Could definitely see Barta replaced by a waiver wire post with more experience

PX
L. Mitchell/January
DT/Turner
Bonner/Talbot/Prince
Lyttle/Little
Griner/Gulich/Musina

wire Cannon, Harden, Scaife, Wright

Seattle
Bird/Canada/Quinn
Loyd/Whitcomb
Clark/KML
Stewart/Howard/Crevdanic
Langhorne/Paris

wire Muldrow, Peterson

thought I would bump this to the top of page 47 instead of the bottom of 46

Shades

PostPosted: 04/18/18 9:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Okay, now explain the most glaring one to catch my eye. Bend Abdelkader?
Did you get a hot tip on that one?

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/18/18 9:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Goodwin is like keeping Diggins out on the floor even though she’s on the bench.

+1

PostPosted: 04/18/18 9:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

I saw Bend and i thought is she that good to knock off a vet like Pohlen-Mavunga ? Shocked

PostPosted: 04/18/18 9:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

My thought process was this in terms of Chong and Googwin. Personally I would keep them both and cut Akhator, but it seems to be consensus that being drafted so high will give Akhator another season to make it. Also with Thorton being able to play some 3 and Plaisance not being %100 percent I could see the Wings going with an extra post/wing instead of guard.

The reason I give Chong the nod is she was decent last year, she allows Diggins to play off the ball and similar to my feeling about L. Allen in NY she isn't going to wow you, but she isn't going to screw up either, she'll give her all on D, and knows her role. Goodwin might be better, but I'm not sure she is better for Dallas. Goodwin is used to having the ball in her hand and being the first option, I think she can adjust but on a team with Diggins, Gray, Davis, Christmas, GloJo and Cambage you need someone who is going to come in 10 minutes a night, not turnover the ball, and set up her teammates, so while Goodwin might be better overall, I think Chong is better at that, she has been doing it her whole career, and did just that last year as a rookie back up, so I think her steady hand and experience with the team wins the day.

But decisions like this is also what I'm talking about when I say teams will have to make some tough choices, and when you get to those deep role players it might not always be the best player who wins out, but the best fit.

Tell that to Tori Jankowska. Ahkator can go , Tonight tomorrow whenever. I like the idea of keeping both also but we would be safer keeping an extra post like butler so its either or. I like Goodwin over Chong but preseason will tell all hopefully .

PostPosted: 04/18/18 9:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Unless Coleman is guaranteed, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Pohlen stay over her. Gotta keep it all in the family. Is Bendy a regular signing or training camp? I don’t think Gwathmey is all that bad.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/18/18 9:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Unless Coleman is guaranteed, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Pohlen stay over her. Gotta keep it all in the family. Is Bendy a regular signing or training camp? I don’t think Gwathmey is all that bad.

I could see a team like seattle biting at there chops to get a player like Coleman off waivers.

PostPosted: 04/18/18 9:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

This was another hard one, and yes I did consider cutting Coleman instead of Pohlen-Mavunga. OK now I am equivocating because I think this might be a better move, Indy did re-sign Pohlen-Mavunga right before the season and Coleman is 2 years older. How are these players doing over-seas if they are there?

TBH Indy was one of the harder one to do.

Bend Abdelkader is an exciting prospect. Indy signed her well before the draft, which show a level of desire on Indy's part to get her on their roster, she wasn't one of these late camp signings, and she is performing very well in a top Euro league and in Euro league against top competition.

If Indy was in win now mode they would have made a move for Bonner or tried to use one of their picks to improve their veteran presence. The fact that they didn't makes it seem like they are all in on a rebuild. In which case young exciting players with potential trump decent steady vets. Pohlen-Mavunga has been around for a long time and she is a decent role player, she isn't a star level player and is at the point in her career where you aren't getting more than what we've already seen. In short unknown potential diamond in the rough, beats known mid level veteran.

Also I just a feeling about Ben Abdelkader. I've been intrigued by her this whole off-season.

I'm not sure Achonwa is completely safe in Indy either? Was she that much better than McCall or Hamson last season?

Shades

PostPosted: 04/18/18 10:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Shades wrote:

Bend Abdelkader is an exciting prospect. Indy signed her well before the draft, which show a level of desire on Indy's part to get her on their roster, she wasn't one of these late camp signings, and she is performing very well in a top Euro league and in Euro league against top competition.

I wanted to check out her stats, but I couldn’t find anything.
Turns out her name is Hind Ben Abdelkader.
You could be right. She likes to take a lot of three point shots. Seems to be a weakness of this club.

toad455

PostPosted: 01/31/23 9:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.beyondwomenssports.com/wnba-draft-rewind-redrafting-the-2018-draft/

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
tfan

PostPosted: 02/01/23 9:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
https://www.beyondwomenssports.com/wnba-draft-rewind-redrafting-the-2018-draft/

Looks like a stronger than normal draft. Except for the two Euros taken 11 and 12 (Billings and Hines-Allen still available), the rest were still in the league in 2022.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 91, 92, 93
Page 93 of 93

Jump to: