2018 WNBA Mock Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 90, 91, 92, 93  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 04/12/18 11:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
root_thing wrote:
Canada reminds me of Brittany Boyd, but with a more reliable jump shot. She's very aggressive on both ends of the court -- sometimes out of control. Physically, Canada isn't anywhere near as strong as Boyd. She has a wiry frame like Jefferson.

She also listed as three inches shorter than Boyd. I have real questions about how well she will do based on her size.

I dont , her creativity with the ball and athletiscm will help her get far. If FLB can have a career in the W Jordin Canada will have a long career in the W also .

I don’t know if I’d use FLB as motivation to pick Canada high. FLB’s career has been spotty at best and arguably had her best season just last year.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
root_thing

PostPosted: 04/12/18 11:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's past 12:30 EST. Shouldn't we have some trade rumors by now?

PostPosted: 04/12/18 11:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
root_thing wrote:
Canada reminds me of Brittany Boyd, but with a more reliable jump shot. She's very aggressive on both ends of the court -- sometimes out of control. Physically, Canada isn't anywhere near as strong as Boyd. She has a wiry frame like Jefferson.

She also listed as three inches shorter than Boyd. I have real questions about how well she will do based on her size.

I dont , her creativity with the ball and athletiscm will help her get far. If FLB can have a career in the W Jordin Canada will have a long career in the W also .

I don’t know if I’d use FLB as motivation to pick Canada high. FLB’s career has been spotty at best and arguably had her best season just last year.

I was referring to FLB's size , Canada will be a way better player than FLB overall .

PostPosted: 04/12/18 11:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
I dont watch college ball so i dont know much about the players. Can anyone give me some info on Jordin Canada and her potential in the WNBA? Does she have the potential to be a decent backup to Bird right away? Is she a true PG or more a scoring guard? Is she a lot better then Peterson?

Yes she can back up Bird right away. Yes she is a true PG 2.5 to 1 Assist to T/O ratio with 200+ assists this past season averaging more than 7 a game. Yes she is better than Peterson.

Check out her profile at Pilight's site.

Super athletic and fast. Small at 5' 6" but averaged over 3 steal per game and won DPOY awards in the PAC 12.

Is a true floor general, but can also score, a lot, which was part of her role at UCLA with over 17ppg. Gets a lot of her assists off penetration into the lane, and fast breaks.

One knock on her was lack of a 3 point shot, but she did improve her percentages every year, her senior season she shot and made more threes than ever at a decent 38.5%.

Sometimes seems a little out f control, and turns it over, but again she has a very good assist to T/O ration so if you turn the ball over 2.5 times a game, that is a lot until you consider she gets 7 assists in that same game.

Has all the tools to be a great PG in the W. She is probably someone who could get Team USA camp invites in the future.

Good analysis, I agree.

I wouldn't mind the Storm taking Jordin at #5. She can learn from Bird, and I bet she'd fit in well with Stewie and Loyd. Also, even though she is small, she won't be a defensive liability.

The Storm have been watching her (unsurprisingly). Before the semis of the Pac-12 tourney, Coach Hughes just happened to walk down my row. I just happened to be wearing a Jewell Loyd Storm shirt that night. He asked me what I thought about the Oregon-UCLA matchup. I picked Oregon, and we talked about their incredible young talent. Then he pointed to the UCLA players who were warming up and said, "Watch their point guard. Tell me what you think of her."

Very Happy

Shades

PostPosted: 04/12/18 12:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well at least we know she’s interested enough to pay attention....

By the way, I had to translate the caption. She rarely uses more than a word or two in English. Her Russian teammate Musina seems to know English well.

Shades

PostPosted: 04/12/18 2:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Sun trade 2018 #15 pick + 2019 second round pick for Bria Holmes.

Last edited by Shades on 04/12/18 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
5thmantheme

PostPosted: 04/12/18 3:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mock
(based on stats, needs, past quirks + wtf)

1 . Aces .. Wilson
2 . Fever . Mitchell
3 . Sky . . Stevens
4 . Sky . . Vivians
5 . Storm . Lexie Brown
6 . Wings . Gulich
7 . Mystics DeShields
8 . Fever . Vadeeva
9 . Sun . . Gabby
10 Libs . . Atkins
11 Sparks Russell
12 Merc . . Mavunga

13 Aces . . VPLouis
14 Fever . Wallace
15 Sun . . Nurse
16 Dream .Butler
17 Lynx . . Billings
18 Wings . Canada
19 Mystics Goodwin
20 Merc . . Flaherty
21 Merc . . Muldrow
22 Libs . . Greenwell
23 Sparks Nared or Hines-Allen
24 Lynx ??

Shades

PostPosted: 04/12/18 3:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

5thmantheme wrote:

15 Sun . . Nurse

The Dream own that pick now.

root_thing

PostPosted: 04/12/18 3:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
5thmantheme wrote:

15 Sun . . Nurse

Atlanta gets back the pick they traded for Hooper. I wonder who they like so much that they couldn't wait for one more pick to get her at #16.

PostPosted: 04/12/18 3:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
Shades wrote:
5thmantheme wrote:

15 Sun . . Nurse

Atlanta gets back the pick they traded for Hooper. I wonder who they like so much that they couldn't wait for one more pick to get her at #16.

Maybe they like two players in that same area. Gulich and Shakayla Thomas?

The funny thing, I just listened to a pre-trade podcast where Collen said there’s no guarantee that any of their draft picks will make the team, and now they added another one.

5thmantheme

PostPosted: 04/12/18 3:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yep ... http://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/23138818/connecticut-sun-acquire-bria-holmes-atlanta-dream-2-wnba-draft-picks

PUmatty

PostPosted: 04/12/18 4:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
root_thing wrote:

I don't doubt she'll be able to hang around for a while. People are talking about her going to Seattle as the Heir Apparent. If Seattle uses a No. 5 pick to draft Bird's replacement and they get Leilani Mitchell, they are going to be sorely disappointed.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/12/18 4:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
root_thing wrote:

I don't doubt she'll be able to hang around for a while. People are talking about her going to Seattle as the Heir Apparent. If Seattle uses a No. 5 pick to draft Bird's replacement and they get Leilani Mitchell, they are going to be sorely disappointed.

Yeah i dont think you are getting the gist , but its ok .

PostPosted: 04/12/18 5:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Here's one for the Height Police :

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DanMYiuW0AIM38f.jpg:large

justinabina

PostPosted: 04/12/18 5:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

5thmantheme wrote:
Yep ... http://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/23138818/connecticut-sun-acquire-bria-holmes-atlanta-dream-2-wnba-draft-picks

I like this trade for Connecticut! The 15th pick was likely going to have a tough time making the roster. Next year they get someone who's already shown she can contribute.

myrtle

PostPosted: 04/12/18 5:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

5thmantheme wrote:
Here's one for the Height Police :

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DanMYiuW0AIM38f.jpg:large

always have to see their feet for a legitimate height police photo Laughing

- Amanda Gorman
PUmatty

PostPosted: 04/12/18 5:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
root_thing wrote:

I'll be right or I'll be wrong. Either way, I'll be wrong about plenty of things before the day is out. I'm not worried about.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/12/18 5:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
root_thing wrote:

I'll be right or I'll be wrong. Either way, I'll be wrong about plenty of things before the day is out. I'm not worried about.

Ditto Same here PU Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 04/12/18 5:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
root_thing wrote:

Really the only question about Canada is her size. Otherwise you can check all the boxes of what she can do as a PG and leader. I think she can be a starter for many years in spite of her size. [and quit bad mouthing the Fluffster already! Wink ]

- Amanda Gorman
PUmatty

PostPosted: 04/12/18 5:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
root_thing wrote:

Ditto Same here PU Laughing Laughing

Wink

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/12/18 5:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

45 Minutes until all is settled. I think ill do 1 more Mock before it starts , Wonder who's mock will come the closest ?

PostPosted: 04/12/18 5:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I still can't decide what I want Indiana to do.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/12/18 5:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

1. Las Vegas Aces - A'ja Wilson
2. Indiana Fever - Kelsey Mitchell
3. Chicago Sky - Diamond DeShields
4. Chicago Sky - Azura Stevens
5. Seattle Storm - Jordin Canada
6. Dallas Wings - Gabby Williams
7. Washington Mystics - Victoria Vivians
8. Indiana Fever - Maria Vadeeva
9. Connecticut Sun - Lexie Brown
10. New York Liberty - Kia Nurse