RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2018 WNBA Mock Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 64, 65, 66 ... 91, 92, 93  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tfan

PostPosted: 03/14/18 9:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/sVJzwmbyrQ0" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

zune69

PostPosted: 03/14/18 11:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Trading the #6 pk for Lavender,Stokes,or Harrison > drafting M.Russell.

RavenDog

PostPosted: 03/15/18 9:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As a dark horse draftee, that no one is talking or writing about, Teana Muldrow (WVU). Definitely, a solid second round pick. Big, strong, aggressive and relentless. She needs some work but should she pan out, she could be a good find.

Shades

PostPosted: 03/15/18 10:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
As a dark horse draftee, that no one is talking or writing about, Teana Muldrow (WVU). Definitely, a solid second round pick. Big, strong, aggressive and relentless. She needs some work but should she pan out, she could be a good find.

I mentioned her just a few posts ago as someone who is not in the NCAA tournament. Out of sight, out of mind.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/15/18 11:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bump

Last edited by WNBA 09 on 03/15/18 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/15/18 11:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Russell should push either Akhator or Lewis out of a job , most likely Lewis. She was not very useful last season . Akhator probably sticks one more year to give people time to forget about Fred's horrible decision Embarassed

Fred isn't the GM, do you have inside info that he pushed for her?

Correct , Bibb is the GM . Freddy is allowed insight on who he wants to draft though .

PostPosted: 03/15/18 6:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Muldrow is one of my favs. I think she will go someplace between #7 - #15. And she will surprise some folks.

- Amanda Gorman
Shades

PostPosted: 03/15/18 9:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA Draft 2018: A high-level look at the prospects the Mystics would consider this year

https://www.bulletsforever.com/mystics/2018/3/15/17114692/wnba-draft-2018-washington-mystics-prospects

Quote:
Some of these players are reaches, because they’ll probably be picked before the seventh spot. But perhaps one of these players will be available when it’s Washington’s time to pick.

Gabby Williams, 5’11 F, UConn
Lexie Brown, 5’9 G, Duke
Jordin Canada, 5’6 G , UCLA
Victoria Vivians, 6’1 G, Mississippi State
Azura Stevens, 6’6 C/F UConn

International Players
Quote:
Maria Vadeeva, 6’3 F/C Dynamo Kursk, Russian PBL - The Russian national has been listed in several mock drafts as a first round pick. In fact, some think she could be a lottery pick. The 20 year old Vadeeva is one of Kursk’s key cogs along with Angel McCoughtry and Nneka Ogwumike. And Vadeeva was even the leading scorer for Spartak a few years ago when Emma Meesseman was her teammate. If the WNBA was in an environment like the NBA, Vadeeva could be the number one pick. FIBA’s Paul Nilsen certainly thinks so. But the reality of international play makes that unrealistic. Vadeeva could be a young version of Emma Meesseman on the Mystics, or any other team. But I’d wait until the second round before seriously considering her because of international play commitments.
Kia Nurse, 6’0 G, UConn

He's still stewing about Meesseman missing this season. The Mystics have gotten more than their money's worth with Meesseman.

Last edited by Shades on 03/17/18 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Randy

PostPosted: 03/15/18 10:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Vadeeva is probably another yeti.

toad455

PostPosted: 03/16/18 12:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Possible international picks for the draft. Outside of Vadeeva, any of them stand a chance?

http://www.womensbasketball247.com/2017/11/international-names-know-2018-wnba-draft/

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Shades

PostPosted: 03/16/18 12:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA coaches as 1st and 2nd round color commentators for the NCAA Tournament
Mike Thibault
Raleigh, NC
Princeton vs Maryland
NCSU vs Elon
[Prospects: Kristen Confroy, Ieshia Small, Leslie Robinson, Chelsea Nelson]

Katie Smith
Tallahassee, FL
USF vs Buffalo
FSU vs Little Rock
[Prospects: Maria Jespersen, Shakayla Thomas, AJ Alix, Chatrice White]

Dan Hughes
Stanford, CA
Missouri vs FGCU
Stanford vs Gonzaga
[Prospects: Brittany McPhee, Jordan Frericks]

Shades

PostPosted: 03/16/18 3:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Possible international picks for the draft. Outside of Vadeeva, any of them stand a chance?

http://www.womensbasketball247.com/2017/11/international-names-know-2018-wnba-draft/

I wonder if jet jaguar has fallen in love with this Hungarian PG? Surprised

Nerd2

PostPosted: 03/16/18 3:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
WNBA coaches as 1st and 2nd round color commentators for the NCAA Tournament
Mike Thibault
Raleigh, NC
Princeton vs Maryland
NCSU vs Elon
[Prospects: Kristen Confroy, Ieshia Small, Leslie Robinson, Chelsea Nelson]

Katie Smith
Tallahassee, FL
USF vs Buffalo
FSU vs Little Rock
[Prospects: Maria Jespersen, Shakayla Thomas, AJ Alix, Chatrice White]

Dan Hughes
Stanford, CA
Missouri vs FGCU
Stanford vs Gonzaga
[Prospects: Brittany McPhee, Jordan Frericks]

Thanks Shades, this has really been useful to know what prospects are playing where.

zune69

PostPosted: 03/17/18 3:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Billings is far superior than Russell.

1.Does a better job Holding post position.
2.More aggressive on offense.
3.More mobile/fluid...Can make cuts and change directions without slowing down.
4.Aggressive rebounder...Billings will chase down rebounds instead of waiting for the rebounds to come to her.
5.Billings can guard the PnR
6.Billings can guard smaller players on the switch.
7.Better on defensive rotations(Help defense)
8.Great transition player.She runs the floor on offense and defense.

Russell has a more polished post game,that's about it.....Dallas should draft Billings with the 6th pk.....Chicago should consider using one of their two lottery picks on Billings.

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 03/18/18 11:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If the Liberty are aggressively targeting Nurse or Vivians, I'd think it's fair to say that either way they'd have to trade up to 7 or 8, right?

PostPosted: 03/18/18 12:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LibFan25

PostPosted: 03/18/18 2:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
If the Liberty are aggressively targeting Nurse or Vivians, I'd think it's fair to say that either way they'd have to trade up to 7 or 8, right?

i think we have to trade up to 5 or 6 for Vivians. but it wouldn't surprise me she gets drafted earlier, Nurse i think will be around by 10

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 03/18/18 6:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LibFan25 wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:

i think we have to trade up to 5 or 6 for Vivians. but it wouldn't surprise me she gets drafted earlier, Nurse i think will be around by 10

I don't think The Conn Sun will let Nurse get past #9, she fits their team, and while Conn doesn't have a big need I think they have a little more room on the perimeter than in the post for a draftee, and she is from UConn.

Vivians I could see getting picked up by Chicago at 3/4, or Washington or Indy at 7/8 but I can also see a path for her to drop to #10 as well.

If we are going to trade up to to 4 or 5 I would still rather target Deshields or G. Williams, but if Vivians is there at #10 I'm OK with that too. I'm not sure a player and a pick is worth it for NY to move up to 7 or 8. ATM I think were still looking at best available at #10 and I'm thinking its going to be Nared or Vivinas or Billings if they are still there.

Last edited by J-Spoon on 03/18/18 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
toad455

PostPosted: 03/18/18 6:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Did Russell's and Nared's stock drop with today's loss? Especially Nared who was useless today.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 03/18/18 6:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I feel like Nared has always been in the low first round but more likely early to mid second round range. Her season has not solidified her as the first round lock she was at the end of her junior year.

Russell (at least on this board and in a few mocks) has dropped from borderline lottery pick to late first to mid second round at best. But I think her downward trajectory started a few weeks ago. But 6' 6" and top recruit out of high school probably keeps her in the next tier of bigs outside of Wilson but the fact that people are now seeing Billings, and maybe Mavunga and Gulich as better options is the result of the last few months.

Randy

PostPosted: 03/18/18 6:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Did Russell's and Nared's stock drop with today's loss? Especially Nared who was useless today.

Nared's stock is probably as low as it can get and Russell didn't do anything to hurt her stock except play for the losing team. Russell did a bit better than Gulich but not that much better. Both Russell and Nared are done for the year, so any chance for future heroics to impress scouts goes to some other player.

Starters MIN FG 3PT FT OREB DREB REB AST STL BLK TO PF PTS
M. GulichC 33 5-9 0-0 4-4 4 8 12 1 0 4 0 4 14

M. RussellC 38 10-19 0-0 1-3 5 9 14 1 4 1 2 2 21

LibFan25

PostPosted: 03/18/18 9:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
LibFan25 wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:

I don't think The Conn Sun will let Nurse get past #9, she fits their team, and while Conn doesn't have a big need I think they have a little more room on the perimeter than in the post for a draftee, and she is from UConn.

Vivians I could see getting picked up by Chicago at 3/4, or Washington or Indy at 7/8 but I can also see a path for her to drop to #10 as well.

If we are going to trade up to to 4 or 5 I would still rather target Deshields or G. Williams, but if Vivians is there at #10 I'm OK with that too. I'm not sure a player and a pick is worth it for NY to move up to 7 or 8. ATM I think were still looking at best available at #10 and I'm thinking its going to be Nared or Vivinas or Billings if they are still there.

yeah Nurse could go to Sun but its all gonna depend on what happens earlier. alot can happen if there is more trades happening

we need more knock down shooters, Vivians would fit right in and i think Katie Smith knows it scouting her multiple times.

if Deshields somehow lands in our lap that would be a shock same with Gabby. Gabby ain't happening lol im not even gonna try think of it

i've been on the Nared bandwagon from the day1, and im still on it the talent is there. but what concerns me a is her lack of Leadership this year with the freshman's, her body language was not good, the pressure definitely effected her game this year.

toad455

PostPosted: 03/19/18 10:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Draft Site has updated their mock and have added several players, including several international players to it's database and have updated a lot of profiles.

https://www.draftsite.com/wnba/mock-draft/2018/

RavenDog

PostPosted: 03/19/18 10:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

I can't seem to explain Nared to myself. She does everything well and is long at 6'2" but doesn't seem to put everything together at the same time in a game. She's a mystery to me. She could be great and then? Maybe Warlick drives her crazy like she does me?

I didn't think Russell's stock went down today.

Shades

PostPosted: 03/19/18 11:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:

I didn't think Russell's stock went down yesterday.

If anything it solidified where I put her in the draft, #6.

As of now I have Vivians going #10, so if NYL fans are willing to trade something good to move up in draft position, what would that be? Keep in mind that nobody’s interested in your table scraps.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 64, 65, 66 ... 91, 92, 93  Next
Page 65 of 93

Jump to: