RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2018 WNBA Mock Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 91, 92, 93  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
myrtle

PostPosted: 02/24/18 4:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As far as my far-too-early thoughts,

I think you can mix and match 11 - 18 in a variety of ways. I think 1-10 could mix and match a bit as well but those players I expect to actually see time on the court...Vadeeva being the big unknown.

- Amanda Gorman
stever

PostPosted: 02/24/18 7:44 pm    ::: Raigyne Louis leaves behind her own legacy at LSU Reply Reply with quote

http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/sports/lsu/article_bf130068-193f-11e8-9a6a-ffbc8c1fff69.html

Quote:
She is the only player in LSU history to have 1,600 points, 700 rebounds, 300 assists and 250 steals in her career.

PickledGinger

PostPosted: 02/25/18 8:01 pm    ::: Re: Raigyne Louis leaves behind her own legacy at LSU Reply Reply with quote

stever wrote:
http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/sports/lsu/article_bf130068-193f-11e8-9a6a-ffbc8c1fff69.html

Quote:
She is the only player in LSU history to have 1,600 points, 700 rebounds, 300 assists and 250 steals in her career.

She's a great college player, but she's essentially a 5'10" power forward with no range. If she's gonna make it in the pro's, it's going to take an Alysha Clark-level commitment to developing an outside shot.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 02/26/18 3:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wanted to do another 2018 but I haven't changed too much so,
2019 just for fun, and will probably get me in a little trouble

1. Indy K. Brown
2. Chi KLS
3. LV Durr
4. Was McCowan
5. Minn (Swapped with Seattle) A. Stevens
6. Atl Anigwe
7. NY Oganbowale
8. PX Turner
9. Conn Collier
10. Sea (Swapped with Minn) Shepard
11. Dallas Cunningham
12. LA Laksa

stever

PostPosted: 02/26/18 8:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3NYhkjC-nwQ" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Shades

PostPosted: 02/26/18 10:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:

1. Indy K. Brown
2. Chi KLS
3. LV Durr
4. Was McCowan
6. Atl Anigwe
7. NY Oganbowale
8. PX Turner
9. Conn Collier
11. Dallas Cunningham
12. LA Laksa

Not bad for somebody who doesn’t watch much college ball.
You must have noticed my list of prominent players eligible for early declaring.
Just think, 7 of these names are eligible to declare for 2018, although Turner redshirted so it wouldn’t make much sense for her to declare early.
Don’t forget about Gustafson, this season’s national leading scorer (as a center).
Gustafson might be eligible for early declaration but I haven’t found a birthdate to confirm. In my opinion Gustafson >> Shepard

The only specific thing that stands out about your above scenario is Laimbeer passing on a player like McCowan in favor of Durr when he already has McBride (once he gets her signed). If he doesn’t sign McBride, maybe it’s a different story.
Could you imagine McCowan and A’ja Wilson as your frontline for the next decade? OMG
I don’t know about KLS at #2. She’s no Delle Donne, except for her lack of defensive skills.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 02/26/18 12:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:

1. Indy K. Brown
2. Chi KLS
3. LV Durr
4. Was McCowan
6. Atl Anigwe
7. NY Oganbowale
8. PX Turner
9. Conn Collier
11. Dallas Cunningham
12. LA Laksa

Over All the 2019 class doesn't look that strong, I think 2 players could be future MVP's in Brown and Durr, and also I think Collier could lead the league in scoring, that's my top 3 picks.
Shades

PostPosted: 02/26/18 1:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

2018 Naismith Award Semifinalists

icey23

PostPosted: 02/26/18 1:41 pm    ::: Re: Raigyne Louis leaves behind her own legacy at LSU Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:
stever wrote:

Quote:

She's a great college player, but she's essentially a 5'10" power forward with no range. If she's gonna make it in the pro's, it's going to take an Alysha Clark-level commitment to developing an outside shot.

She plays the 2 guard for LSU sometimes point and the 3, Nikki has never used her at the PF position. Her jumper has really improved her elevation on her jumpers reminds me of Tweety Nolan and Mawadi Mabika.

PostPosted: 02/26/18 1:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

1. Indy K. Brown
2. Chi KLS
3. LV Durr
4. Was McCowan
6. Atl Anigwe
7. NY Oganbowale
8. PX Turner
9. Conn Collier
11. Dallas Cunningham
12. LA Laksa

Not bad for somebody who doesn’t watch much college ball.
You must have noticed my list of prominent players eligible for early declaring.
Just think, 7 of these names are eligible to declare for 2018, although Turner redshirted so it wouldn’t make much sense for her to declare early.
Don’t forget about Gustafson, this season’s national leading scorer (as a center).
Gustafson might be eligible for early declaration but I haven’t found a birthdate to confirm. In my opinion Gustafson >> Shepard

The only specific thing that stands out about your above scenario is Laimbeer passing on a player like McCowan in favor of Durr when he already has McBride (once he gets her signed). If he doesn’t sign McBride, maybe it’s a different story.
Could you imagine McCowan and A’ja Wilson as your frontline for the next decade? OMG
I don’t know about KLS at #2. She’s no Delle Donne, except for her lack of defensive skills.

I agree with Shades . No Way McCowan goes past LVFO .

PostPosted: 02/26/18 2:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

IDK I think a Durrr/McBride back-court would also work for Laimbeer.

Shades

PostPosted: 02/26/18 2:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
IDK I think a Durr/McBride back-court would also work for Laimbeer.

Who’s the PG? He’s already has two of those. You’re thinking of Durr as a backup to McBride?

Shades

PostPosted: 02/26/18 4:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/LvDm3thgkGw" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited by Shades on 02/26/18 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shades

PostPosted: 02/26/18 4:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/zFVO__qO5kg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited by Shades on 02/26/18 4:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/26/18 4:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bump bump , Gabby made a 70ft Shot. Awesome , how bout 40 ft closer ? #Bummer Embarassed

PostPosted: 02/26/18 5:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
IDK I think a Durr/McBride back-court would also work for Laimbeer.

Who’s the PG? He’s already has two of those. You’re thinking of Durr as a backup to McBride?

No PG, Durr as lead guard, at least one of Plum or Jefferson is gone (maybe both) the other one can came off the bench. That is the Laimbeer way.

Shades

PostPosted: 02/26/18 5:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

2018 Lieberman Award Finalists
Lexie Brown Duke
Katelynn Flaherty Michigan
Sabrina Ionescu Oregon
Kelsey Mitchell Ohio St
Kia Nurse Connecticut

Seniors in bold

Shades

PostPosted: 02/27/18 2:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades

PostPosted: 02/28/18 12:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Team DynamoWNBA on 2/28/18
If you DQ with 5 fouls in international play, Vadeeva did that today in under 17 min.

Shades

PostPosted: 02/28/18 7:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is a Deshields interview that turns out to be an ad for Ajavon Elite camps.
Video produced by Matee Ajavon.

Myrtle is gonna hate this interview because at about 3:13, DeShields recommends not staying your full term at college if you have the opportunity to enter the pros early. I agree with her. At 5:00 she talks about Matee Ajavon.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Z7ca0TK3pQ4?ecver=1" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Shades

PostPosted: 02/28/18 7:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/w-9ltwQ4yjQ" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

myrtle

PostPosted: 02/28/18 10:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
This is a Deshields interview that turns out to be an ad for Ajavon Elite camps.

Myrtle is gonna hate this interview because at about 3:13, DeShields recommends not staying your full term at college if you have the opportunity to enter the pros early. I agree with her. At 5:00 she talks about Matee Ajavon.

I don't think there's a one-size fits all. If she feels good about it for herself, great. I think a lot of other girls (but not saying 'all') would be better off completing college. In her case it definitely benefited her team to leave early as well.

- Amanda Gorman
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 02/28/18 10:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Shades wrote:

I don't think there's a one-size fits all. If she feels good about it for herself, great. I think a lot of other girls (but not saying 'all') would be better off completing college. In her case it definitely benefited her team to leave early as well.

Diamond did get her degree though, so I think it is slightly different than leaving college before completing your education. OTOH a few other players have left early and I agree it is not one size fits all. (I believe both Prince and Loyd finished their degree after going pro, so that is still an option as well.)

TotalCardinalMove

PostPosted: 03/01/18 1:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Shades wrote:

Diamond did get her degree though, so I think it is slightly different than leaving college before completing your education. OTOH a few other players have left early and I agree it is not one size fits all. (I believe both Prince and Loyd finished their degree after going pro, so that is still an option as well.)

For a lot of players, the money in the WNBA isn’t worth leaving school early if they haven’t finished their degrees. So it really depends on the situation and the person to determine what’s best. However, for the majority it probably is in their best interest to stay. Diamond technically used up her 4 years in college, so the 5th may not have been necessary. On the other hand, Lexie Brown and Becca Greenwell stayed at Duke for their 5th years because it probably made more sense to get a free Masters from Duke.

Shades

PostPosted: 03/01/18 2:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If a team's current roster is packed at guard and they don't want to waste a pick on total fodder, Kristy Wallace would make a nice deferred third round draft pick since she won't be available until the 2019 season (ACL injury).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 91, 92, 93  Next
Page 58 of 93

Jump to: