RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2018 WNBA Mock Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 91, 92, 93  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PickledGinger

PostPosted: 02/05/18 5:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Where do you guys think T. Scaife falls in this draft ? I think she's one of those players who will be around in this league for years , but people have seem to forget about her since her missing last season . This girl has game and id take her before Vivians , Nared , Nurse , ect....Anyone after #7 , id Take Scaife instead.

She reminds me a lot of Matee Ajavon Confused

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/05/18 5:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Where do you guys think T. Scaife falls in this draft ? I think she's one of those players who will be around in this league for years , but people have seem to forget about her since her missing last season . This girl has game and id take her before Vivians , Nared , Nurse , ect....Anyone after #7 , id Take Scaife instead.

She reminds me a lot of Matee Ajavon Confused

Woahhhh thats disrespectful . She reminds me of a young Cappie at Rutgers , Ajavon never had the pull up jumper scaife has . #NEVER Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 02/05/18 5:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Okay, I’ll be looking for her at #6 on your final mock. Surprised

LOL no shades , notice i said anyone AFTER #7 Laughing Were at 6 and i want Russell . I have decided for sure thats who i want at 6 . Scaife is most likely the best one on one guard outside of Kelsey mitchell in this draft . (Personal Opinion) She needs to start getting some love for this upcoming draft. Rutgers would not be anywhere near relevant without her this season . Ex:(See last season)

PostPosted: 02/05/18 7:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.espn.com/core/video/iframe?id=22338069&endcard=false" allowfullscreen frameborder="0"></iframe>

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
calbearman76

PostPosted: 02/05/18 7:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
calbearman76 wrote:
The more I see Natalie Butler the more I believe she can make a WNBA team. I can see her moving up into the top of second round, or even the bottom of the first. Admittedly she isn't playing against top competition in the Atlantic 10, but she has enough size and skill to be a serviceable backup, and maybe even develop into a starter.

This is odd timing because McGrady just made a case that Gabby’s stats on a team filled with prolific scorers aren’t worthy enough for a top prospect. And now you’re saying the player that Gabby bumped from her spot at center and couldn’t find court time with UConn and subsequently left the team is worthy of a first round pick. Did she beast out in the off season to become greatly improved or is it mostly just the lesser competition? First round seems highly improbable to me. Did she show up in the AP two round mock draft? If not, she’s on nobody’s radar.... unless you contend they’re trying to keep her a secret so she got no mention.

My case is that she has the size to play the interior in the WNBA. She didn't necessrily fit the scheme at UConn, but she has skills. She needs to improve, but with her frame and her ball skills, I believe that she can hold her own inside. Initially I see her as someone who can give a strong 10-15 minutes off the bench, and I could see her as a serviceable starter on a Bill Laimbeer type team with some seasoning.

Queenie

PostPosted: 02/05/18 9:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:
Dammit you beat me to it Queenie! Where did you find the stats? I couldn’t get it to load on UConn’s website.

I'm going to put in another plug for my favorite widget: http://web1.ncaa.org/stats/StatsSrv/careersearch

Like I said, I had a hunch and plugged in Swin Cash (whereupon I discovered that her stats as Swin and her stats as Swintayla have not been unified, unlike more modern name variations). Going to her stats page gave me a link to that year's UConn squad, which I then sorted by PPG.

(and today's bonus geekery: if a school has the year-by-year W/L record listed, they may also have statistics in PDF format that are NOT in the searchable database, which only goes back to 1998-99 oh my GOD I nerded out so HARD you have no idea)

(now with spelling variations)
Shades

PostPosted: 02/06/18 2:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK

PostPosted: 02/06/18 6:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She did not look that good to me ... she doesn't look like she has a post game (she definitely doesn't demand the ball) and she's not particularly mobile.

She'll help a WNBA team, definitely, but I don't see her being a difference-maker.

PostPosted: 02/06/18 6:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
She did not look that good to me ... she doesn't look like she has a post game (she definitely doesn't demand the ball) and she's not particularly mobile.

She'll help a WNBA team, definitely, but I don't see her being a difference-maker.

Maybe not on the offensive end her first season . She reminds me of a Bigger Sylvia Fowles at LSU . Lets not forget how horrible she was before she became the MVP of this league .

PostPosted: 02/06/18 6:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
ClayK wrote:

Maybe not on the offensive end her first season . She reminds me of a Bigger Sylvia Fowles at LSU . Lets not forget how horrible she was before she became the MVP of this league .

Sylvia Fowles was SEC player of the year as a senior, beating out Candace Parker (among others).

PostPosted: 02/06/18 6:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Monique Billings is true post players with moves and counters. Mercedes Russell is working with something now .

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 02/06/18 7:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
ClayK wrote:

Sylvia Fowles was SEC player of the year as a senior, beating out Candace Parker (among others).

Thanks, Pilight. There are babies on this board that do not know their history.

PostPosted: 02/06/18 8:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
ClayK wrote:

Im comparing sylvia the before vs Sylvia the MVP . She made obvious strides once she joined the Lynx . Winning SEC player of the year was due , but lets not act like shes played at a MVP level her entire career pilight Embarassed

PostPosted: 02/06/18 9:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
ClayK wrote:

Im comparing sylvia the before vs Sylvia the MVP . She made obvious strides once she joined the Lynx . Winning SEC player of the year was due , but lets not act like shes played at a MVP level her entire career pilight Embarassed

Fowles was always a top tier center in the W from day one. Confused

PostPosted: 02/06/18 9:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock on! I don't buy this nonsense that in 3 weeks of training camp Reeve turned Fowles from a mediocre talent into a world beater. The main thing that held back early on was injuries.

hangtyme24

PostPosted: 02/06/18 9:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yea WNBA09 Im not seeing the comparison between Fowles and McCowen. Fowles was way better and more skilled on both ends coming out of college. The only reason McCowen is a potential lottery pick is because of her height and her upside. Not to discredit TMac, but she's definitely not on the same level Fowles was on coming out of LSU. JMO

PostPosted: 02/06/18 10:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
ClayK wrote:

Fast forward to 1:20 in this video to see what Lisa Leslie says about young Sylvia Fowles

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/72zvSSocSoo" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

PostPosted: 02/06/18 11:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Physically speaking there's no comparison. Fowles (especially if we're talking in her early 20s) could move her feet, leap, and finish gracefully, which is what still makes her an all-world player. McCowan has more of the physical limitations you'd expect from a player of that size; she simply cannot do what Fowles could/still can.

Shades

PostPosted: 02/06/18 11:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Rock on! I don't buy this nonsense that in 3 weeks of training camp Reeve turned Fowles from a mediocre talent into a world beater. The main thing that held back early on was injuries.

That ugly Chicago offense probably held her back some. In Minnesota she’s got Whalen, Maya, and even Augustus playing team ball...and Fowles has even learned how to pass out of a double team.

Shades

PostPosted: 02/07/18 2:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Once raw 6-foot-7 McCowan dominating for No. 2 Bulldogs

https://www.yahoo.com/amphtml/sports/once-raw-6-foot-7-mccowan-dominating-no-153722260--ncaaw.html

Quote:
''She was extremely raw,'' Harris said. ''But she had all the tools.''

A little more than two years later, Mississippi State's patience and McCowan's work ethic are paying off - big time. The junior is averaging nearly 20 points, 13 rebounds and two blocks a game as the anchor for the No. 2 Bulldogs, who have a 23-0 record, including a 9-0 mark in the Southeastern Conference

Quote:
McCowan's improvement has coincided with Mississippi State's rise as a national power.

Quote:
McCowan's been so good that her WNBA future has suddenly become a hot topic. She's already 21 years old and turns 22 in September, which makes her eligible for the WNBA draft if she chooses to skip her senior season.

But McCowan said she's committed to staying with the Bulldogs for four seasons.

''Me and my mom have already talked about it,'' McCowan said. ''I'm going to get my degree first.''

Well at least we now know that she knows she’s eligible to declare early for the draft. That’s valuable information.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/07/18 7:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Once raw 6-foot-7 McCowan dominating for No. 2 Bulldogs

https://www.yahoo.com/amphtml/sports/once-raw-6-foot-7-mccowan-dominating-no-153722260--ncaaw.html

Quote:
''She was extremely raw,'' Harris said. ''But she had all the tools.''

A little more than two years later, Mississippi State's patience and McCowan's work ethic are paying off - big time. The junior is averaging nearly 20 points, 13 rebounds and two blocks a game as the anchor for the No. 2 Bulldogs, who have a 23-0 record, including a 9-0 mark in the Southeastern Conference

Quote:
McCowan's improvement has coincided with Mississippi State's rise as a national power.

Quote:
McCowan's been so good that her WNBA future has suddenly become a hot topic. She's already 21 years old and turns 22 in September, which makes her eligible for the WNBA draft if she chooses to skip her senior season.

But McCowan said she's committed to staying with the Bulldogs for four seasons.

''Me and my mom have already talked about it,'' McCowan said. ''I'm going to get my degree first.''

Well at least we now know that she knows she’s eligible to declare early for the draft. That’s valuable information.

So does this now make her 2019 #1? I think i like K.Brown better !

PostPosted: 02/07/18 7:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Probably one of those two, but there’s a lot games to be played until then. Stevens as a starter might be impressive.

toad455

PostPosted: 02/07/18 8:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'd take K. Brown over McCowan.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 02/07/18 8:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
I'd take K. Brown over McCowan.

I agree, some Uconn fans think LouConn will go Number 1 over all, but 6’7 Brown is a beast and will likely go 1 or 2 followed by Durr.
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 02/07/18 11:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Next year posts
Brown, McCowan, Stevens, Anigwe, Turner, Collier, Shepard? Jennings?

G/W
Durr, KLS, Oganbowale (sp), Cuningham, Blockton?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 91, 92, 93  Next
Page 51 of 93

Jump to: