RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2018 WNBA Mock Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 91, 92, 93  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 01/23/18 12:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Victoria Vivians has been significantly ignored and devalued throughout this thread except by Debbie Antonelli and, very occasionally, by a couple of others. She's got good SF size, good IQ, good defensive training from Vic Schaefer, and has really upped her shooting game this season from all molecules of the maple.

Quote:
sigur3 and I have discussed Vivians a couple of times. The last three years her shooting numbers were so awful that whatever you thought of her 'pro body' it tanked her potential as a prospect. Then her numbers skyrocketed this year. You always worry about the mirage of a small sample size with a jump like that, but she could easily go first round if a GM buys this year's improvement as real.

She was known more as a high-volume shooter during her first three years, when she shot 37.4 percent from the field (30.5 from 3-point range).

As a senior, she is shooting 52.7 percent overall (147 of 279) and 40.2 percent from behind the arc (37 of 92).

Last edited by CamrnCrz1974 on 01/23/18 3:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shades

PostPosted: 01/23/18 12:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:

Victoria Vivians has been significantly ignored and devalued throughout this thread except by Debbie Antonelli and, very occasionally, by a couple of others. She's got good SF size, good IQ, good defensive training from Vic Schaefer, and has really upped her shooting game this season from all molecules of the maple.

You must have missed the discussion of most improved draft stock. Several people mentioned Vivians.
http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?t=91564&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=870

Vivians may have an improved outlook and attitude this year since she was coming off the bench last year. McCowan also was coming off the bench up til tournament time. Now those two are the stars of the team.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
root_thing

PostPosted: 01/23/18 1:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Vivians started 36 of 39 games last season. She only came off the bench briefly after Vic Schaefer replaced 4 starters at the end of the season when the team was slumping. That's also when McCowan got a chance to start -- Okorie was one of the four who sat.

Who knows why Vivians is playing better? Maybe she got a boost of confidence from being voted Homecoming Queen. It was her Sally Field moment, "You like me! You really like me!"

PostPosted: 01/23/18 3:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Redid below...

Last edited by RavenDog on 01/23/18 4:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
Shades

PostPosted: 01/23/18 4:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
The reasons for DD wanting to go to Dallas are that her brother lives/plays there and to be with her good friends Gray and Davis. So probably no trading of Davis.

I'd say it's more likely that Indiana would trade with Dallas. Indiana needs more than one player and can get it with Dallas. Xmas and #6 pick or a better one of Dallas's remaining players. Pokey can't afford to go too cheap or too old on this deal.

Therefore, it could be a mixture of these players, but who knows:

Las Vegas Wilson
Indiana DeShields (Dal)
Chicago Mitchell (Speed on
Chicago Williams the Wings)
Seattle Brown (Smaller Candice Wiggins)
Dallas Russell (24 sec. clock?)
Washington Canada (Needs a real PG)
Phoenix Nurse
Connecticut Vivians
New York S. Thomas
Las Angeles Atkins
Minnesota Billings

No Vadeeva in the first round? You're going to have either Laimbeer (if he's into european players) or most definitely Pokey doing back flips.

What are your thoughts on Nared? People talk about Vivians having a "pro body". To me, Nared has more of a pro body. Vivians has a helluva shot (this year anyway).

Nerd2

PostPosted: 01/23/18 4:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
RavenDog wrote:
The reasons for DD wanting to go to Dallas are that her brother lives/plays there and to be with her good friends Gray and Davis. So probably no trading of Davis.

I'd say it's more likely that Indiana would trade with Dallas. Indiana needs more than one player and can get it with Dallas. Xmas and #6 pick or a better one of Dallas's remaining players. Pokey can't afford to go too cheap or too old on this deal.

Las Vegas Wilson
Indiana DeShields (Dal)
Phoenix Nurse
Connecticut Vivians
New York S. Thomas
Las Angeles Atkins
Minnesota Billings

No Vadeeva in the first round? You're going to have either Laimbeer (if he's into european players) or most definitely Pokey doing back flips.

What are your thoughts on Nared? People talk about Vivians having a "pro body". To me, Nared has more of a pro body. Vivians has a helluva shot (this year anyway).

I have yet to see you put out a mock draft. You only criticize everyone else's. So, put up or shut up. You think Vadeeva goes in the first round? OK, WHERE?

RavenDog

PostPosted: 01/23/18 4:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Removed.

Last edited by RavenDog on 01/23/18 4:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 01/23/18 4:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:

Las Vegas Wilson
Indiana DeShields (Dal)
Phoenix Nurse
Connecticut Vivians
New York S. Thomas
Las Angeles Atkins
Minnesota Billings

Wilson
Mitchell Haven't heard about Davis and DD hugging and moving on
Williams
Vadeeva
Nurse
Billings
Brown
Atkins
DD I would like to see her try and step on A Thomas toes Wink
Vivians
McCowans project for LA instead of last years and why would she stay in college
Take your pick

I don't really see a lot of difference.

Laughing Laughing

RavenDog

PostPosted: 01/23/18 4:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:
RavenDog wrote:

Las Vegas Wilson
Indiana DeShields (Dal)
Phoenix Nurse
Connecticut Vivians
New York S. Thomas
Las Angeles Atkins
Minnesota Billings

Wilson
Williams
Vadeeva
Nurse
Billings
Brown
Atkins
Vivians
Take your pick

Laughing Laughing

It's gumbo...make it as you like it! Laughing

RavenDog

PostPosted: 01/23/18 4:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades:

(Forgot about Narad in the gumbo...
Vadeeva hasn't decided to come over yet. But I included her for you...
No... I'm not a LV fan(smile)

Las Vegas Wilson
Indiana DeShields (Dal)
Phoenix Nurse
Connecticut Vivians
New York S. Thomas
Las Angeles Narad
Minnesota Atkins/Billings
Las Vegas Vadeeva Laughing

Shades

PostPosted: 01/23/18 5:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
Shades:

Forgot about Narad in the gumbo...

You see, that's why I'm useful in this franchise thread that I've been the driving force of for years. Nevermind that negative person who is starved for attention from me. Nobody posts a mock or opinion in here without expecting to get some feedback.

RavenDog wrote:

True, but she will get drafted. She has no choice in that. But it is tough to gage where she'll go without knowing her enthusiasm level for the WNBA. The thing is.... at the end of first round are teams that don't have dire needs and they are also teams that are known to pursue foreign players.

Here's another hint. Nneka plays with Vadeeva overseas. She'd probably be a pretty good scout for Agler. What does Agler need for his team? Absolutely nothing, so what better place than to stash a 19 yr that could be a gem in the future?

RavenDog wrote:

Seems like what DeShields wants is formulated in your head rather something that is documented. Even if it is documented, are you sure what DeShields wants is what Dallas wants? What Dallas wants is what's really important here. Who knows, maybe Dallas does want her so she can pout on the bench.

I think Gray and Davis might stay better friends with DeShields if she isn't there to threaten their playing time. Wink

RavenDog wrote:

Now you're talking. Laimbeer is already pulling an Ace out of his sleeve.

Nerd2

PostPosted: 01/23/18 6:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

You see, that's why I'm useful in this franchise thread that I've been the driving force for years. Nevermind that negative person who is starved for attention from me. Nobody posts a mock or opinion in here without expecting to get some feedback.

Yes, definitely, I live for the basement feedback.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/23/18 6:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
RavenDog wrote:
Shades:

Forgot about Narad in the gumbo...

You see, that's why I'm useful in this franchise thread that I've been the driving force of for years. Nevermind that negative person who is starved for attention from me. Nobody posts a mock or opinion in here without expecting to get some feedback.

RavenDog wrote:

True, but she will get drafted. She has no choice in that. But it is tough to gage where she'll go without knowing her enthusiasm level for the WNBA. The thing is.... at the end of first round are teams that don't have dire needs and they are also teams that are known to pursue foreign players.

Here's another hint. Nneka plays with Vadeeva overseas. She'd probably be a pretty good scout for Agler. What does Agler need for his team? Absolutely nothing, so what better place than to stash a 19 yr that could be a gem in the future?

RavenDog wrote:

Quote:
Seems like what DeShields wants is formulated in your head rather something that is documented. Even if it is documented, are you sure what DeShields wants is what Dallas wants? What Dallas wants is what's really important here. Who knows, maybe Dallas does want her so she can pout on the bench.

I think Gray and Davis might stay better friends with DeShields if she isn't there to threaten their playing time. Wink

RavenDog wrote:

Now you're talking. Laimbeer is already pulling an Ace out of his sleeve.

This ______________ . KD & Diamond hit a rough patch during their transfer seasons as freshmen . Never heard of any reconciliations , although things could have changed i doubt it. More so from a Kaela Davis not wanting to share the light type ordeal at a certain school both had interest in attending but one chose not to go due to the others commitment and how much that program wanted 1 player versus the other. This was about 3 or 4 years ago now so im not sure its still relevant to either player.

PostPosted: 01/23/18 9:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It may or may not be relevant to them but what about the entourage?

Randy

PostPosted: 01/23/18 9:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballjunkie wrote:
It may or may not be relevant to them but what about the entourage?

WNBA players can afford to have an entourage?

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 01/24/18 10:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:

So if I'm reading this correctly you're saying Indiana should trade #2 for Christmas and #6? Why would Indiana even entertain that?

PostPosted: 01/24/18 10:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

You see, that's why I'm useful in this franchise thread that I've been the driving force of for years.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

bballjunkie

PostPosted: 01/24/18 11:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="Randy"][quote="bballjunkie"]It may or may not be relevant to them but what about the entourage?[/quote]

WNBA players can afford to have an entourage?[/quote]

The players being talked about have an entourage because their family already has money.

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 01/24/18 3:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:
RavenDog wrote:

Las Vegas Wilson
Indiana DeShields (Dal)
Phoenix Nurse
Connecticut Vivians
New York S. Thomas
Las Angeles Atkins
Minnesota Billings

Wilson
Williams
Vadeeva
Nurse
Billings
Brown
Atkins
Vivians
Take your pick

Laughing Laughing

It's gumbo...make it as you like it! Laughing

You are making me hungry Very Happy

PUmatty

PostPosted: 01/25/18 4:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Interestingly, the Fever have McCowan and Stevens both on their public watch list ...

http://fever.wnba.com/news/top-wnba-draft-candidates-2018/

Shades

PostPosted: 01/25/18 4:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Interestingly, the Fever have McCowan and Stevens both on their public watch list ...

http://fever.wnba.com/news/top-wnba-draft-candidates-2018/

Did Pokey give her approval on this list? It's by Kevin Messinger.

RavenDog

PostPosted: 01/25/18 5:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
Shades wrote:

You see, that's why I'm useful in this franchise thread that I've been the driving force of for years.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Agree, we all miss your dedicated and hard work. Now get your ass back on listing the game days! Evil or Very Mad Laughing

Shades

PostPosted: 01/26/18 11:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

IS THE WNBA READY FOR THIS COLLEGE STAR?

http://www.ozy.com/the-huddle/is-the-wnba-ready-for-this-college-star/82490

Quote:
6-foot-5-inch reigning two-time SEC Player of the Year from South Carolina is the prototypical forward in today’s fast-paced basketball revolution — a gifted shot blocker and rebounder who can bring the ball up the floor, drop dimes to open teammates and create her own shot.

Quote:
Ask the Atlanta Dream’s Nicki Collen, however, and she draws a parallel to the 2016 WNBA Rookie of the Year: “Breanna Stewart had more of a perimeter game in college,” the newly minted WNBA head coach points out. “But that combination of athleticism, shot blocking and passing — that’s the closest comparison.”

Quote:
As a college player, she is either a head taller or more athletic than her opponents. Frequently, she’s both. But in the WNBA, forwards and centers are bigger, faster and stronger than most college athletes. “I would be shocked if she isn’t drafted first, because of her versatility and her huge upside,” says Collen. “But where she will really need to develop is playing outside the paint more.”

Quote:
Wilson’s size and talent will allow her to excel down low, but, as Collen suggests, the perimeter is where she can truly shine. If she can improve her speed and ballhandling while honing a confident outside shot, she’ll give undersized perimeter defenders pregame fever dreams for years.

Quote:
“A’ja is so versatile,” says Jerome Dickerson, Wilson’s former AAU coach. Dickerson notes that what most of the country is just now coming to see has been apparent for years. “She can dunk, shoot, handle the ball. She’s really changing the game.”

myrtle

PostPosted: 01/26/18 12:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

a'ja is clearly #1, but I wouldn't be drafting her thinking she is going to develop an outside shot or ball handling skills. Maybe those things will eventually come, but that's pie in the sky stuff. Mary Murphy will want to say she can play 1 - 5, like she slobbers over Parker, but no, right now she's a 4.

- Amanda Gorman
#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 01/26/18 6:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Being a former #1 high school recruit, Wilson is a slight level behind Stewart and Griner, but ahead of players like Chiney, and Kaleea, she has MVP potential.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 91, 92, 93  Next
Page 43 of 93

Jump to: