Napheesa Collier if she doesn't declare early
Teaira McCowan
Sophie Cunningham
Arike Ogunbowale
Kristine Anigwe
Stephanie Watts
Marina Mabrey
Jessica Shepard

I Like This List , But Im Not for sure if this is the draft order you presume. I Doubt KLS Goes #1 Only Due to the Dyer need for Bigs to compete with the elite W teams. Id Add Tea Cooper To This List Also. Head Case or not she has the skills to be in this league period. Oh And Btw Most Likely The Next Big Time Player Coming Out Of College Imo. Sabrina Ionescu DOB on Dec. 6, 1997 Meaning she will Be Elgible After Her Junior Season If She Wants To Early In 2019.

My Order With Early Entries Included
#1 Stevens Of She Stays
#2 T. McCowan If She Stays
#3. KLS (Possibly The ROY)
4. Sabrina Ionescu
#5. Kalani Brown
#6. Napheesa If She Stays
#7 Arike Ogumbawale
#8 Asia Durr
#9 Anigwe
#10 Marina Mabrey
#11 Shepard
#12 T. Cooper

Now If Turner redshirts Then This Is Null And Void Turner Would Most Likelt Go Top 5 Depending On Needs in 2019 Of She Stays

PostPosted: 07/02/17 7:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:
toad455 wrote:
If the Sky land the #2 pick, they'd be best taking Williams. Atlanta @ #3? All depends if McCoughtry returns to Atlanta.

It Atlanta can land Kelsey Mitchell all of Dreamland will be very happy.

If ATL gets #2 or #3 In The Lottery I Find it hard that they Pass On Diamond. Hometown Girl plus The thought of her and Lori Ann Brings So Many Things to Fruition I dont even know where to start. Please dont ask me to neither Laughing They would be A Fun team to watch thats for sure

Plus Michael Cooper has a thing for Tennessee players. Yeah, they probably would do that even though she wouldn't have a place to play.

PostPosted: 07/02/17 7:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:
toad455 wrote:
If the Sky land the #2 pick, they'd be best taking Williams. Atlanta @ #3? All depends if McCoughtry returns to Atlanta.

If ATL gets #2 or #3 In The Lottery I Find it hard that they Pass On Diamond. Hometown Girl plus The thought of her and Lori Ann Brings So Many Things to Fruition I dont even know where to start. Please dont ask me to neither Laughing They would be A Fun team to watch thats for sure

Plus Michael Cooper has a thing for Tennessee players. Yeah, they probably would do that even though she wouldn't have a place to play.

Just what the Dream need - DD as Angel's understudy. We'll call her "Lil Angel".

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Richyyy

PostPosted: 07/02/17 8:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If we assume McCoughtry's coming back, then they've got her and Hayes on the wing, plus having drafted Holmes and Sykes the last couple of years. Taking yet another 2/3, unless she's glaringly the best option at the position they're drafting, wouldn't seem like the best option. It'd at least force some reshuffling, you'd think.

PostPosted: 07/02/17 9:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
LibFan25 wrote:
ima do lil J-Spoon lol

2019 prospects as of right now my opinion

Katie Lou Samuelson
Asia Durr
Kalani Brown
Azurá Stevens if she doesn't declare early
Teaira McCowan
Sophie Cunningham
Arike Ogunbowale
Kristine Anigwe
Stephanie Watts
Marina Mabrey
Jessica Shepard

I Like This List , But Im Not for sure if this is the draft order you presume. I Doubt KLS Goes #1 Only Due to the Dyer need for Bigs to compete with the elite W teams. Id Add Tea Cooper To This List Also. Head Case or not she has the skills to be in this league period. Oh And Btw Most Likely The Next Big Time Player Coming Out Of College Imo. Sabrina Ionescu DOB on Dec. 6, 1997 Meaning she will Be Elgible After Her Junior Season If She Wants To Early In 2019.

#1 Stevens Of She Stays
4. Sabrina Ionescu
#5. Kalani Brown
#7 Arike Ogumbawale
#8 Asia Durr
#9 Anigwe
#10 Marina Mabrey
#11 Shepard
#12 T. Cooper

Now If Turner redshirts Then This Is Null And Void Turner Would Most Likelt Go Top 5 Depending On Needs in 2019 Of She Stays

The international focus in 2019 should shift back to Australia. That assumes that Ezi Magbegor is not planning an NCAA career. I think she would have a reasonable chance at a first round pick in that case. Monique Conti would also probably be drafted at some point, although her full time commitment to basketball is still up in the air.
toad455

PostPosted: 07/02/17 9:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Dream should focus on Lyttle's replacement in the draft. If they don't land Wilson, I think a trade is their best bet/. But we should wait to see if McCoughtry comes back to the Dream first.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
ClayK

PostPosted: 07/02/17 10:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Diamond DeShields/Kaela Davis ...

How similar, how different?

PostPosted: 07/02/17 11:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Diamond DeShields/Kaela Davis ...

How similar, how different?

They're both big, athletic, and inconsistent. Diamond is a bit more athletic, but Kaela is a little bigger. The most important difference is that Diamond is more aggressive and a better all-around player. She's much more active on the defensive end and off the boards. Diamond is also a better passer (when she focuses). Davis would sometimes disappear. DD can be bad, but she is rarely invisible.

PostPosted: 07/02/17 11:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

These are definitely not the type of numbers indicative of pro success, but both have the physical tools to develop into two-way players. Of course, there is a vast difference between drafting a player like this at 10 and in the lottery...

toad455

PostPosted: 07/02/17 12:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My top 3 for 2018 would be Wilson, Williams & Mitchell.

LibFan25

PostPosted: 07/02/17 12:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
LibFan25 wrote:
ima do lil J-Spoon lol

Katie Lou Samuelson
Asia Durr
Kalani Brown
Teaira McCowan
Sophie Cunningham
Arike Ogunbowale
Kristine Anigwe
Stephanie Watts
Marina Mabrey
Jessica Shepard

#1 Stevens Of She Stays
4. Sabrina Ionescu
#5. Kalani Brown
#7 Arike Ogumbawale
#8 Asia Durr
#9 Anigwe
#10 Marina Mabrey
#11 Shepard
#12 T. Cooper

I gotta see more from Stevens and see how the team plays together with Gabby, KLS, and Collier. wow smh UCONN team will not lose a game lol Aisa Durr is a Bona-fide star. i would be shocked if she's not top3

Cooper got some catchin up to do but she showed flashes at UT that it won't surprise me at all and now she got Dawn on her side, you know she's gonna just play basketball and hopefully stay outta trouble. but i really like Stephanie Watts fron UNC, everytime i saw a game she would impress me. a lil bit out of control at times but the Talent is there and RAW

Ionescu is gonna be a good one, that deadly pull up jumper was money. to play in the NCAA tournament as a freshman in that stage tells me all-american status coming in the future.

Shades

PostPosted: 07/02/17 1:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

awhom111 wrote:

The international focus in 2019 should shift back to Australia. That assumes that Ezi Magbegor is not planning an NCAA career.

Making it look Ezi: Ezi Magbegor is the next big thing in women’s basketball. Literally.

http://www.sbs.com.au/topics/zela/article/2016/07/19/making-it-look-ezi-ezi-magbegor-next-big-thing-womens-basketball-literally (article from a year ago)

Quote:
She’s also 194cm, just 1 centimetre short of Jackson, 9 behind the imposing Cambage, and still growing.

The Melbourne girl starred in the Australian Sapphires team which claimed gold in emphatic fashion at the FIBA under-17 world championships earlier this month.

Quote:
Australian under-17 coach Shannon Seebohm has played and coached with, and against, some of the sport’s brightest stars but says Magbegor is a rare talent.

Quote:
2016 was always about the Worlds.

Australia went through the Championships undefeated and sensationally knocked off the USA in the semi-final. It was America’s first ever loss at under-17 international level.

Quote:
"There are girls bigger than me and obviously I’m not as strong as them, I just get knocked over, but I use my athleticism to my advantage.”

Quote:
Magbegor dreams of representing the Opals at an Olympic Games and following in the footsteps of a star-studded list of Aussies and plying her trade in the WNBA.

“To play for Australia and make an Olympic team, that’s the pinnacle, 100 per cent,’’ she said.

“To play in the WNBA one day is also my major dream.”

Could be worth keeping an eye on her. Might even be better than the Lynx's third round pick this year. Wink

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
bballjunkie

PostPosted: 07/02/17 1:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="LibFan25"][quote="WNBA 09"][quote="LibFan25"]ima do lil J-Spoon lol

Katie Lou Samuelson
Asia Durr
Kalani Brown
Teaira McCowan
Sophie Cunningham
Arike Ogunbowale
Kristine Anigwe
Stephanie Watts
Marina Mabrey
Jessica Shepard[/quote]

#1 Stevens Of She Stays
4. Sabrina Ionescu
#5. Kalani Brown
#7 Arike Ogumbawale
#8 Asia Durr
#9 Anigwe
#10 Marina Mabrey
#11 Shepard
#12 T. Cooper

Now If Turner redshirts Then This Is Null And Void Turner Would Most Likelt Go Top 5 Depending On Needs in 2019 Of She Stays[/quote]

I gotta see more from Stevens and see how the team plays together with Gabby, KLS, and Collier. wow smh UCONN team will not lose a game lol Aisa Durr is a Bona-fide star. i would be shocked if she's not top3

Cooper got some catchin up to do but she showed flashes at UT that it won't surprise me at all and now she got Dawn on her side, you know she's gonna just play basketball and hopefully stay outta trouble. but i really like Stephanie Watts fron UNC, everytime i saw a game she would impress me. a lil bit out of control at times but the Talent is there and RAW

Ionescu is gonna be a good one, that deadly pull up jumper was money. to play in the NCAA tournament as a freshman in that stage tells me all-american status coming in the future.[/quote]

I like your list Libfan but I would put Stevens at 2, KLS and Stevens could be the most versatile players with unique size and length if Stevens has bought into playing with UCONN's pace, and if Stevens stays. I would drop Durr as she has to show me she can play D and play without the ball in her hands I heard there was a lot of frustration with her standing around while others were screening when she didn't have the ball.

myrtle

PostPosted: 07/02/17 2:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kalani Brown is top three. If there's any question whatsoever, size wins and every lottery team needs size.

- Amanda Gorman
toad455

PostPosted: 07/02/17 2:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This thread quickly changed to the 2019 draft watch.

Randy

PostPosted: 07/02/17 4:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Anybody for 2020?

Shades

PostPosted: 07/02/17 4:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Anybody for 2020?

I have 2020 vision for Ionescu and Slocum (will she stay until 2021?)

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/02/17 7:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
pilight wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Just what the Dream need - DD as Angel's understudy. We'll call her "Lil Angel".

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

This season could possibly be Tips season audition for trade value. If ATL drafts Diamond Shes going to start That Is all.

PostPosted: 07/02/17 8:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Kalani Brown is top three. If there's any question whatsoever, size wins and every lottery team needs size.

She also out played McCowen head to head, not sure why Brown wouldn't go top 2? She's big she's strong can run the floor and Finnish with both hands.
Randy

PostPosted: 07/02/17 8:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I can't see that being a decision made by the coaches. If the owners say we need DD to become our next supertar diva so play her, I could see it happening. The owners don't seem to do that sort of thing however.

I just hope the don't draft DD. Cooper has done pretty well the last 2 seasons in adding talent so I'm hoping he will get the right player.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 07/02/17 8:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If NY ends up in the lottery (please no) or can put something together to jump from 5-8 to #4 I will be happy with G. Williams, D. Deshields or K. Mitchell. Gabby seems like the most Liberty-esque of those options but we need offense, DD and K. Mitch will score for us. Why can't we score? We need a 1 on 1 player DD and Mitchell can both do that. I was in the Diamond to NY camp before, better yet we end up 5 or 6 in the playoffs and DD drops to 6 or 7 in the draft and it all works out great.

Prince, Rodgers, DD, Charles, Stokes

toad455

PostPosted: 07/02/17 8:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I can see DeShields dropping as low at #5 or even #6. Laimbeer might be the right coach for her.

Shades

PostPosted: 07/02/17 8:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
If NY ends up in the lottery (please no) or can put something together to jump from 5-8 to #4 I will be happy with G. Williams, D. Deshields or K. Mitchell. Gabby seems like the most Liberty-esque of those options but we need offense, DD and K. Mitch will score for us. Why can't we score? We need a 1 on 1 player DD and Mitchell can both do that. I was in the Diamond to NY camp before, better yet we end up 5 or 6 in the playoffs and DD drops to 6 or 7 in the draft and it all works out great.

I betcha Laimbeer was salivating all over Sykes. "Tweety, is that you? Have you come back to me?" Snap out of it, Laimbeer. That's Sykes and she's never gonna be playing for you, hopefully. Maybe Cooper can pull a Sykes for NYL's 2018 lottery pick. Naw, the Liberty have too much talent to be in the lottery. He just seems to be struggling defining players' roles. If the Liberty end up in the 2018 lottery, the toughest decision will be figuring out who the next coach will be.

As far as Top 4 in 2018 goes, what happens if Azura Stevens declares early? She leads my list of most likely to declare. Some 2017 playoff teams are going to land some lottery level talent.

LibFan25

PostPosted: 07/02/17 9:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:

Prince, Rodgers, DD, Charles, Stokes

Yes im with you Spoon, need more scoring, more weapons off the bench. if we can get a player like K. Mitchell or Deshields..now you got another weapon. i know people won't agree with me but don't care, i would try to trade Prince and getting another 1st round pick if we can, not a fan of Prince, she slows the game down....i want more speed and more pace

and i agree with Shades, if the Libs end up in the lottery, time for a new coach.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/03/17 7:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

With diamond going overseas i think that helps her draft stock tremendously . Shes going to play against W talent every night and will be ready for the pace and speed of the game . Coaches will recognize although most of them have , but they can use her performance this season as a measuring stick better than a player competing on the college level . IF she does well she could be the top Pick , if she struggles to adjust which i highly doubt then she could be as low as #5 . But Top 3 seems logically in DD case.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 91, 92, 93  Next
Page 5 of 93

Jump to: