RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Kanye: Help or Hinder?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Howee

PostPosted: 10/14/18 3:03 pm    ::: Kanye: Help or Hinder? Reply Reply with quote

You must have seen IT by now. Kanye's diatribe in an attempt to *highlight* social causes (prison reform, welfare, etc.) Like it or not, he certainly put a spotlight on mental health concerns, in a most glaring way.

Living in rural, white America, I'd appreciate any insight on how African Americans view this man, and his impact on the Black Vote in upcoming elections.

PostPosted: 10/14/18 7:14 pm    ::: Re: Kanye: Help or Hinder? Reply Reply with quote

PostPosted: 10/14/18 7:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<embed><iframe width="1280" height="720" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jEE0Bu284KY" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEE0Bu284KY&t=2s

PostPosted: 10/16/18 1:12 am    ::: Re: Kanye: Help or Hinder? Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:

Living in rural, white America, I'd appreciate any insight on how African Americans view this man, and his impact on the Black Vote in upcoming elections.

I (who is not black) assume you are asking if it will help Trump/Republicans because I don't think there are any black Trump supporters/black non-liberals/black conservatives who will change their minds and stop supporting because of the brief oval office "photo-op" visit Kanye West had. Looking at YouTube "black Trump supporter" or "black non-liberal" channels, what I see is their commentary is mostly focused on unhappiness with Don Lemon and his black panel commentators over their "minstrel show" and "token negro" type comments with regard to West's oval office visit. They see it as part of a pattern of black people name-calling black conservatives or black Republicans.

West has already made positive comments about Trump on Twitter months ago, so black people that are interested in politics would likely have already heard about it and been influenced, if at all. But news of his oval office appearance could have reached a larger audience than Twitter did. Around the time that West made positive comments about Trump and Candace Owens on Twitter, there were some "Trump black approval rating" polls that all showed Trump with a good improvement over the exit poll percentages he got in 2016 (8% overall - 4% black women, 13% black men). The two highest:NAACP had a poll showing 21% and Rasmussen (which has a different methodology and always skews in favor of Trump and has results discounted by FiveThirtyEight) even reported 36%. This led to talk about a "Kanye bump". But then ABC did a poll a short time later which showed his black support at only 3%. This was right after the Omarosa book came out and she was doing TV shows saying that she had (since book publication - was labeled a rumor in the book) heard an Apprentice out-take in which Trump uses the N-word.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: