RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

SEC 2017-18
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jlcarter

PostPosted: 04/12/17 6:45 am    ::: SEC 2017-18 Reply Reply with quote

With Scott Carolina losing both Davis and Gray. Who will be the favorite to win the SEC regular season?[list=][/list]

Last edited by Jlcarter on 10/04/17 1:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/12/17 8:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Id love to say UT but im sure it will be Miss. State and the great Itty bitty as the headliners.

PostPosted: 04/12/17 9:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tennessee. (Hopefully without Warlick.)

Jlcarter

PostPosted: 04/12/17 9:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think that Tennessee has the most talent. I say it's a three team race Tennessee, Mississippi State, and South Carolina.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/12/17 9:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:

Wheres the without warlick coming from ? Laughing

PostPosted: 04/12/17 11:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
RavenDog wrote:

RD has a big hate on. Evil or Very Mad

I'm going with a 3-way race--Miss. State, SC, and Tennessee. I have a sneaking feeling that Georgia might not be far behind. Joni Taylor is quietly doing a nice rebuilding job down there.

PostPosted: 04/12/17 12:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
RavenDog wrote:

Quote:

As much as id like to join him when it comes to harlick , id rather be in this position to possibly be great with her than with a new coach starting the rebuilding process all over again . She pisses me off most of the time *Warlick* but i wish her nothing but success . Will be monumental when she wins her 1st title at UT .

I'm going with a 3-way race--Miss. State, SC, and Tennessee. I have a sneaking feeling that Georgia might not be far behind. Joni Taylor is quietly doing a nice rebuilding job down there.

I agree , coach taylor has built a solid program down in georgia . They just need that 1 marquee player to restore themselves as an elite program again .

PostPosted: 04/12/17 12:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm going with South Carolina, they should have the best player in conference and what I consider the best back court in the nation.
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/12/17 1:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:
I'm going with South Carolina, they should have the best player in conference and what I consider the best back court in the nation.

Cuevas & Harris are the best backcourt 1/2 combo in the nation ? Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 04/12/17 1:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If you go by and believe in high school All Americans, Tennessee has by far the best talent. Much of it, however, will be fresh.

Coaching may be the key.

The Pac 12 has big magic, big mojo, big RPI coaches -- and now one that lovin' spoonful is in Arkansas. Do you believe in magic in a young girl's heart? Believe in magic of a young girl's soul? Believe in the magic that can set you free?
rykhala

PostPosted: 04/12/17 1:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think that Missouri could be in the mix. They have been on a pretty steady upward trajectory since Robin Pingeton became the head coach. Mississippi State and South Carolina would have to be considered the safest bets.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 04/12/17 2:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
RavenDog wrote:

Quote:

As much as id like to join him when it comes to harlick , id rather be in this position to possibly be great with her than with a new coach starting the rebuilding process all over again . She pisses me off most of the time *Warlick* but i wish her nothing but success . Will be monumental when she wins her 1st title at UT .

I agree , coach taylor has built a solid program down in georgia . They just need that 1 marquee player to restore themselves as an elite program again .

I think Caliya Robinson is on her way to becoming that player. Watch her.

PostPosted: 04/12/17 2:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
RavenDog wrote:

Quote:

I watch her and think she should be dominating , but its like she has the kaela davis syndrome also . Embarassed

PostPosted: 04/12/17 5:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:

Cuevas & Harris are the best backcourt 1/2 combo in the nation ? Rolling Eyes

An argument could be made for Duke with Brown and Greenwell, other then the gamecocks most teams will have some question marks regrading there back courts.

Also Harris is the 1st freshman point guard to start on a national championship team since Toliver and Maryland
NoDakSt

PostPosted: 04/12/17 6:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Itty and the Vic-ettes!

tfan

PostPosted: 04/12/17 6:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
If you go by and believe in high school All Americans, Tennessee has by far the best talent. Much of it, however, will be fresh.

Coaching may be the key.

The Pac 12 has big magic, big mojo, big RPI coaches -- and now one that lovin' spoonful is in Arkansas. Do you believe in magic in a young girl's heart? Believe in magic of a young girl's soul? Believe in the magic that can set you free?

Be interesting to see if Neighbors can build up Arkansas. He has the "coached in the Final Four" feather in his cap now. But he did go to the Final Four with a team that he didn't recruit, so the feat was not as great as it could be.

Last edited by tfan on 04/12/17 6:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
summertime blues

PostPosted: 04/12/17 6:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
RavenDog wrote:

Quote:

I watch her and think she should be dominating , but its like she has the kaela davis syndrome also . Embarassed

She'll just be a sophomore this year, so let's see if she grows up. Laughing

PostPosted: 04/12/17 6:49 pm    ::: Re: SEC favorite Reply Reply with quote

Jlcarter wrote:
With Scott Carolina losing both Davis and Gray. Who will be the favorite to win the SEC regular season?

Tennessee has the most talent, by a long shot. Mississippi State has the most returning fire power, experience and the best coach. South Carolina has the best player and the best "swag." This will be a really fun race.

I give the edge to the Fighting Schaeffers.

Jlcarter

PostPosted: 04/12/17 7:10 pm    ::: Re: SEC favorite Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
Jlcarter wrote:
With Scott Carolina losing both Davis and Gray. Who will be the favorite to win the SEC regular season?

Tennessee has the most talent, by a long shot. Mississippi State has the most returning fire power, experience and the best coach. South Carolina has the best player and the best "swag." This will be a really fun race.

Had Davis and Gray returned to SC. Then I think they would be the favorite. It will be interesting to see who can step up for SC. I think it will be a good race in the SEC this year. I may go down to the last week.

Ladyvol777

PostPosted: 04/12/17 9:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tennessee big 3, Diamond DeShields, Mercedes Russell, and Jaime Nared will have a lot of help. Te'a Cooper at the point got threw her freshman year. the 4 freshman plus one, Evina Westbrook, Anastasia Hayes, Rennia Davis, Kasiyahna Kushkituah, and Cheridene Green will help a lot, with Alexa Middleton and Meme Jackson both should improve but not sure how much playing time they will get. Kortney Dunbar and Kamera Harris may not play much at all. This is Tennessee best team since 2008. I'll take them in the SEC this year by a lot.

bballgrl

PostPosted: 04/12/17 10:03 pm    ::: Re: SEC favorite Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
Jlcarter wrote:

You stated that Miss St has the best coach? Dawn and her team beat them 3 times and her team got the Ship. Seems that she may be a better coach than some people think.

LitePal

PostPosted: 04/12/17 10:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Neighbors will be the next Nikki Caldwell.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 04/12/17 11:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LitePal wrote:

Centerfold material?
tfan

PostPosted: 04/13/17 12:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
LitePal wrote:

Centerfold material?

Ha, I hope the 44 year old Caldwell (Fargas) sees that.

tfan

PostPosted: 04/13/17 12:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LitePal wrote:

She's still employed, so he could do worse. I was wondering what time period they will give him and what results they are expecting at Arkansas.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: