RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Late Training Camp Arrivals
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
awhom111

PostPosted: 04/11/17 9:06 pm    ::: Late Training Camp Arrivals Reply Reply with quote

As we get closer to the end of the overseas season, we have more of an idea of when seasons will finish and players will be free to return so I figured we should have a separate thread tracking them. I may or may not miss a training camp invite or two so if you see anyone in the leagues that I am missing, post them. I will probably not add leagues until their full postseason schedules are available.

Israel:
The last game will be either April 20th or 24th. Players affected are Tiffany Hayes, Erica Wheeler, Tiffany Jackson-Jones, Bria Holmes, Danielle Adams, and Chelsea Hopkins.

Czech Republic:
The seasons for Candice Dupree and Kia Vaughn will either end the 26th, 29th, or 1st. A sweep is likely though.

Slovakia:
Vicki Baugh and Rebecca Allen will be done on the 19th with a sweep. It does not appear Game 4 and Game 5 have dates at this point.

A couple of other leagues should have Finals schedules available soon.
awhom111

PostPosted: 04/12/17 11:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Poland:
Isabelle Harrison and Jamierra Faulkner will have their season end on either the 23rd, 24th, or 27th. Meighan Simmons will not be done until either the 29th, 30th, or May 3rd.

The team of non-WNBAers beat the WNBAers in Italy, so Theresa Plaisance and Reshanda Gray are free to leave.
Mysticsfan12

PostPosted: 04/13/17 12:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think Meesseman arrives late due to Belgium commitments

PostPosted: 04/13/17 7:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Greece:

Lynetta Kizer - 4 May season ends

jap

PostPosted: 04/13/17 9:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

awhom111 wrote:
Poland:
Isabelle Harrison and Jamierra Faulkner will have their season end on either the 23rd, 24th, or 27th. Meighan Simmons will not be done until either the 29th, 30th, or May 3rd.

The team of non-WNBAers beat the WNBAers in Italy, so Theresa Plaisance and Reshanda Gray are free to leave.

I like little Meighan and her swagger. I hope she is still muscling up to hang even better with the WNBA females.

PostPosted: 04/13/17 9:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I struggle to see the point of Meighan Simmons. She's a conscience-less gunner who does nothing but jack shots, but she's not a good shooter. It's like Jamal Crawford if he was absolutely terrible, and significantly shorter. I'm having Andrea Riley flashbacks...

PostPosted: 04/13/17 11:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sometimes having a gunner come off the bench for short bursts of craziness is useful. But you have to put up with the rest of what goes with it, including no defense for those short bursts.

- Amanda Gorman
awhom111

PostPosted: 04/13/17 11:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mysticsfan12 wrote:

It will be interesting to see which players play some WNBA games before heading to the Czech Republic and which ones stay there after the club season and do not show up until afterwards. Prince, Vandersloot?, Alex Bentley reportedly?, and whichever Spanish naturalized player is chosen are probably the ones to watch for besides the European born players.
Nerd2

PostPosted: 04/16/17 5:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

awhom111 wrote:
Mysticsfan12 wrote:

It will be interesting to see which players play some WNBA games before heading to the Czech Republic and which ones stay there after the club season and do not show up until afterwards. Prince, Vandersloot?, Alex Bentley reportedly?, and whichever Spanish naturalized player is chosen are probably the ones to watch for besides the European born players.

Spain has friendlies scheduled to begin June and I expect none of them to come over. Is Lyttle the naturalized player they'd use?

awhom111

PostPosted: 04/16/17 6:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Italy:
Semifinals end on either the 22nd, 24th, or 27th. Kayla Pedersen is on one side of the bracket. The other side has Erlana Larkins, Astou Ndour, and Natasha Howard.

Nerd2 wrote:
awhom111 wrote:
Mysticsfan12 wrote:

Spain has friendlies scheduled to begin June and I expect none of them to come over. Is Lyttle the naturalized player they'd use?

They used Lyttle three times and Ndour once during qualifiers so we will see which one they choose. A lot depends on how rich the federations are to keep the WNBA players from losing too much money through the whole friendlies period. It will be interesting to see how the Czech Republic handles hosting and having Kia Vaughn.
Nerd2

PostPosted: 04/16/17 9:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

awhom111 wrote:

They used Lyttle three times and Ndour once during qualifiers so we will see which one they choose. A lot depends on how rich the federations are to keep the WNBA players from losing too much money through the whole friendlies period. It will be interesting to see how the Czech Republic handles hosting and having Kia Vaughn.

Right. Slovak Republic (Kristi Toliver) didn't make it in, did they? Ndour will probably be their choice then. Atlanta can't really afford to lose Lyttle.

France is in the quarterfinal rounds and those players will also miss the start of camp. Bourges just advanced to the semis so that's Clarissa Dos Santos and Kayla Alexander. Flammes also so that is Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis (Katherine Plouffe is now done)),

For Poland, it's not just Meighan Simmons but also Nikki Greene who could conceivably be overseas until May 3rd. So the Storm could have 2 players not reporting until very late.

Russia's final is set between UMMC (Taurasi, Griner, Toliver, Meesseman) and Dynamo Kursk (Ogwumike, Prince, McCoughtry). It should end on the 24th or 27th.

Turkey looks like it's still in its regular season. They were supposed to finish on the 8th but something pushed it so they still have one more round on the 19th followed by the playoffs. They had to break for the Eurocup playoffs so they are behind, I think. That's a lot of players that will be affected if this is true, and I checked 3 sites.

Last edited by Nerd2 on 04/16/17 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Randy

PostPosted: 04/16/17 9:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sancho has always seemed to do as little as possible for her NT, and hasn't missed all that many games over the years. She has missed a lot more due to injury, including, sadly, her chance to play in the Olympics last summer. At her age, I'd think they would go for Ndour from now one. I thought Ndour looked pretty good for them in Rio.

awhom111

PostPosted: 04/16/17 11:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
awhom111 wrote:

Right. Slovak Republic (Kristi Toliver) didn't make it in, did they? Ndour will probably be their choice then. Atlanta can't really afford to lose Lyttle.

France is in the quarterfinal rounds and those players will also miss the start of camp. Bourges just advanced to the semis so that's Clarissa Dos Santos and Kayla Alexander. Flammes also so that is Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis (Katherine Plouffe is now done)),

For Poland, it's not just Meighan Simmons but also Nikki Greene who could conceivably be overseas until May 3rd. So the Storm could have 2 players not reporting until very late.

Russia's final is set between UMMC (Taurasi, Griner, Toliver, Meesseman) and Dynamo Kursk (Ogwumike, Prince, McCoughtry). It should end on the 24th or 27th.

Turkey looks like it's still in its regular season. They were supposed to finish on the 8th but something pushed it so they still have one more round on the 19th followed by the playoffs. They had to break for the Eurocup playoffs so they are behind, I think. That's a lot of players that will be affected if this is true, and I checked 3 sites.

Slovakia did qualify, but Toliver did not play in any of the qualifiers, so I will not assume that she will play until we hear otherwise. Other than stripping her of citizenship (if that is even legal) they really do not have much to induce her to show up.

I knew I would forget someone and it looks like it was Greene.

I was going to wait until the Russian league scheduled the 5th and 7th place playoffs so that we could figure out final dates for Whitney Knight and Emma Cannon. The Finals will end on either the 27th, 28th, or 1st. I asked Mo how they handled it last year and I would assume Brondello is on her way to Phoenix now. The 3rd Place series (Williams, Mitchell, Zahui B) will end on the one of those dates as well.
awhom111

PostPosted: 04/17/17 8:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The scheduling for the other series in Russia has been announced. Whitney Knight and Emma Cannon will finish up on either the 24th or 27th.

The earliest that any of the players in Hungary will finish is the 29th with the finals not ending before the 1st.
awhom111

PostPosted: 04/19/17 9:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stupid question, but do most aspiring pros at quarter-system schools arrange to graduate after 11 quarters? Have people like Plum, Coffey, Wiese, and McCall not had any school stuff once Spring Break started? I know at Duke that most aspiring pro soccer players graduate after seven semesters.

Hungary has named Courtney Vandersloot to their preliminary squad as expected. I guess Sky fans should be happy that they did try to keep both her and Quigley around until the tournament.

Good Angels Kosice swept in Slovakia so those players are done

Spain's finals matchup is set with the first game on Tuesday and the rest of the series dates not announced. Affected players are Haley Peters, Ify Ibekwe, Erika De Souza, and Alana Beard.

Hungary's final is set as well so we now know that Shenise Johnson, Cayla George, and Yvonne Turner will not be done until either the 1st, 4th, or 7th. Brianna Kiesel and Tierra Ruffin-Pratt will be done either the 29th or the 3rd.

All of the people in France will be there until at least the 29th. The finals there could end after the WNBA season tips off.

Turkey's quarterfinals are now set for Saturday, Monday, and Wednesday. Here are the remaining players with everyone else free to go:
Yakin Dogu U: Kayla McBride, Courtney Vandersloot (may miss start of season anyways)
Fenerbahce: Allie Quigley, Jantel Lavender, Candace Parker, Shekinna Stricklen (will assume she's still stuck with the team unless I hear otherwise)
Galatasaray: Moriah Jefferson
Abdullah Gul U: Chelsea Gray, Tanisha Wright?, LaToya Sanders?
Besiktas: Shavonte Zellous, Kiah Stokes
Hatay: Courtney Paris
Mersin: Danielle Robinson, Marissa Coleman
Istanbul U: Jordan Hooper
Richyyy

PostPosted: 04/20/17 1:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Do Hungary have a more desperate need at the point than at the 2, or something? It's just that Quigley's really good, especially in Europe, so I never totally understood why they went through the process again to add Vandersloot. It's not like there's a huge difference in age so you're bringing in the naturalised player for your next generation.

On a separate note, Quigley's the starting guard for a team that just finished one game away from a European title, and has every chance of battling to win the Turkish playoffs... while Cappie Pondexter's team just went 5-19 and missed the postseason entirely. If they're still Chicago's options at SG by the time the season starts, I wonder if the balance finally starts to swing the other way.

PostPosted: 04/20/17 9:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I forgot Essence Carson in the list for Yakin Dogu University. The team has been opting for Yelena Leuchanka in her place recently, but that could always change.

Israel finished today so those six players are free to return.

Spain will end on either the 29th or the 2nd.

Richyyy wrote:
Do Hungary have a more desperate need at the point than at the 2, or something? It's just that Quigley's really good, especially in Europe, so I never totally understood why they went through the process again to add Vandersloot. It's not like there's a huge difference in age so you're bringing in the naturalised player for your next generation.

On a separate note, Quigley's the starting guard for a team that just finished one game away from a European title, and has every chance of battling to win the Turkish playoffs... while Cappie Pondexter's team just went 5-19 and missed the postseason entirely. If they're still Chicago's options at SG by the time the season starts, I wonder if the balance finally starts to swing the other way.

Nope, they have a ton of depth in the backcourt. If they were really looking for another player, they should have gone with a post player. It's always possible that Vandersloot's camp approached them.

Quigley seems to be one of those players who just plays better in Europe. Zellous seems to be the same way.
awhom111

PostPosted: 04/23/17 8:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The third place series in Poland is done so Isabelle Harrison is free to return. I think Jamierra Faulkner has already returned.

Everyone in Russia appears to be healthy right now.
awhom111

PostPosted: 04/24/17 8:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Emma Cannon's season in Russia is over.

Ragusa (Erlana Larkins and Astou Ndour) had their season ended. Schio and Lucca will finish their series on either the 5th, 7th, or 10th.

Three Turkish teams are done. I think Jordan Hooper may have already left. Marissa Coleman and Danielle Robinson were eliminated as well as Courtney Paris.
awhom111

PostPosted: 04/26/17 9:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Czech Republic is done, although USK won without playing both Dupree or Petrovic in all of the games. It is unclear if Kia Vaughn will play at all before EuroBasket preparations.

The last Turkish quarterfinal series is over so Chelsea Gray can come back and we might find out what happens with Tanisha Wright. The semifinals will end on either the Tuesday or Thursday (YDU vs Besiktas and Fenerbahce vs Galatasaray).

It seems like a lot more players are leaving their teams before the actual ends of their seasons. I'm led to believe that the WNBA recognizes the FIBA Letter of Clearance system, so these must all be with team permission, which is interesting.
awhom111

PostPosted: 04/27/17 8:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A couple of series in Russia finished. Whitney Knight is free to come back along with Elizabeth Williams, Tiffany Mitchell, and Amanda Zahui B.

It will be very interesting in Ekaterinburg tomorrow if UMMC were to lose to Kursk at home...
WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 04/27/17 11:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

awhom111 wrote:
A couple of series in Russia finished. Whitney Knight is free to come back along with Elizabeth Williams, Tiffany Mitchell, and Amanda Zahui B.

It will be very interesting in Ekaterinburg tomorrow if UMMC were to lose to Kursk at home...

Indeed...

awhom111

PostPosted: 05/01/17 9:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Russia is done, so unattended food establishments should be happy...

The Hungarian championship could have been decided today, but Atomeromu had other ideas and there are still players in action there. There is no need to worry about Shenise Johnson not being in shape. She played all 50 minutes of the game.
awhom111

PostPosted: 05/02/17 11:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Spain is done so Beard, De Souza, Peters, and Ibekwe can come back.

Briana Kiesel is also done now.

Italy is going to a minimum of four games.

Those hoping for the return of WNBA players from Turkey probably should be rooting for sweeps on Thursday. The finals could run pretty long otherwise.

Lattes Montpellier eliminated Bourges, so it looks like the best outcome from a WNBA perspective with Alexander and Dos Santos available to return. France seems to have a 5th place playoff, but not a 3rd place one, which will end on either the 7th or the 9th. The Finals will either end on the 11th, 13th, or 16th, so it would have been a race for any players involved to avoid missing any games.
awhom111

PostPosted: 05/03/17 8:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Poland is done so Meighan Simmons is free to comeback and get her fair share of shots.

A couple of other leagues that I do not track have finished recently. Greece (Lynetta Kizer) and Brazil (Damiris Dantas) should be done now.

There are places reporting that Angel McCoughtry has signed to play in the playoffs in Lebanon, which would be an interesting development.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: