RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Coates To Miss Part of WNBA Season
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ClayK

PostPosted: 04/12/17 9:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The major difference between Brunson and Jones is that, in her early years, Brunson was the most explosive jumper in the league. She could sky, and used that to become a very good offensive rebounder. That athleticism also played on the defensive end, and in fact the Monarchs tried to make her a three early on.

Jones does not appear to be nearly as explosive, nor athletic, and so it's unclear to me how she's going to score. Now if she can do what Lyttle did and make elbow jumpers, that would help, but Lyttle is at least an inch-and-a-half taller than Jones, if not more, and more athletic. (And let's not forget that Lyttle dunked in a college game; I wonder if Jones can touch the rim.)

PostPosted: 04/12/17 11:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
pilight wrote:

Still, I don't see Jones as a center. She's a PF in the mold of Brunson and Lyttle.

Except that she can't move her feet nearly as well as either of those players and had no semblance of a midrange jumper.

I agree, and as I have said, I think her height is an issue for playing C, and her lack of speed, mobility and ball skills limits her ability to switch effectively to PF. She's no Nneka Ogwumike, for example.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: