RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

AP AA teams

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 03/27/17 11:34 am    ::: AP AA teams Reply Reply with quote

https://www.usnews.com/news/sports/articles/2017-03-27/plum-unanimous-choice-as-ap-womens-basketball-all-american

http://collegebasketball.ap.org/article/full-ap-womens-all-america-team-breakdown

Plum
Wilson
Jones
Collier
KL Samuelson

Mitchell
Turner
Osahor
G. Williams
Petersen

PostPosted: 03/27/17 11:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Only 5 players on the first 3 teams are still playing.

If UConn loses tonight, the number will be 2.

PostPosted: 03/27/17 11:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Gabby Williams on second team. Ouch. I think she's the most irreplaceable on the team.

I suppose Mitchell on second team gives her more motivation to come back...or is it discouraging? Did she give it her all this year, or is she a victim of the system?

Glenn will be happy to notice that Jankoska got an honorable mention.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
cthskzfn

PostPosted: 03/27/17 12:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

No DD anywhere....

PostPosted: 03/27/17 12:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

No Nina Davis.

I think the voting order is interesting:

First Team

Kelsey Plum (33 first-place votes, 165 points)
A'ja Wilson (27, 153)
Katie Lou Samuelson (23, 138)
Napheesa Collier (21, 132)
Brionna Jones, Maryland (17, 126)

Second Team

Kelsey Mitchell (13, 107)
Brianna Turner (8, 96)
Gabby Williams (8, 87)
Chantel Osahor (4, 59)
Alexis Peterson (3, 58)

Third Team

Sydney Wiese (1, 56)
Lindsay Allen (4, 54)
Shatori Walker-Kimbrough (0, 52)
Lexie Brown, Duke (0, 40)
Victoria Vivians (1, 34)

There's a clear 19 point gap between Jones on the first team and Mitchell on the second. Then there's a huge 28 point gap between Willams and Osahor.
FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 03/27/17 12:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
No DD anywhere....

As it should be, but I think Jaime Nared deserved an honorable mention.

ucbart

PostPosted: 03/27/17 1:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
No DD anywhere....

As it should be, but I think Jaime Nared deserved an honorable mention.

I did too, especially since someone gave Russell a vote.

zune69

PostPosted: 03/27/17 2:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How does Diamond not get a honorable mention at the very least ? Deshields put up respectable numbers,and helped her team beat 4 elite eight basketball teams plus Kentucky.Possibly 3 final four teams.

Wins over:
#10 Stanford
#17 Kentucky
#6 Notre Dame
#4 South Carolina
#3 MSST

These are some quality wins,and Diamond was a big factor in the outcome of these games.People also forget that tennessee lost two starters before the season started.Tennessee's on court problems pre-existed Diamond's arrival from UNC.

Deshields stats:
17.4p/6.4r/3.8a/1.4s/1.0b/42%/79%/33%

Vivians:
16.3p/4.2r/1.5a/1.4s/0.2b/37%/76%/28%

Like really,you're going to tell me Vivians deserved the all-american nod over Deshields ?

#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 03/27/17 2:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
How does Diamond not get a honorable mention at the very least ? Deshields put up respectable numbers,and helped her team beat 4 elite eight basketball teams plus Kentucky.Possibly 3 final four teams.

Wins over:
#10 Stanford
#17 Kentucky
#6 Notre Dame
#4 South Carolina
#3 MSST

These are some quality wins,and Diamond was a big factor in the outcome of these games.People also forget that tennessee lost two starters before the season started.Tennessee's on court problems pre-existed Diamond's arrival from UNC.

Deshields stats:

Vivians:

Like really,you're going to tell me Vivians deserved the all-american nod over Deshields ?

I agree I'm not sure why DD gets so much hate around the internet, I think it started with Uconn fans and went from there.
zune69

PostPosted: 03/27/17 3:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Wins over:
#10 Stanford
#17 Kentucky
#6 Notre Dame
#4 South Carolina
#3 MSST

Deshields stats:

Vivians:

I agree I'm not sure why DD gets so much hate around the internet, I think it started with Uconn fans and went from there.

Unfortunately some people let their emotions and personal feelings influence their decisions.I can understand putting Vivians on because her team made the final four.But damn,not even an honorable mention ?

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/27/17 3:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Wins over:
#10 Stanford
#17 Kentucky
#6 Notre Dame
#4 South Carolina
#3 MSST

Deshields stats:

Vivians:

Unfortunately some people let their emotions and personal feelings influence their decisions.I can understand putting Vivians on because her team made the final four.But damn,not even an honorable mention ?

The shade was real . Not taking anything away from V.Vivians but no way shes one of the Top 15 players in the country . Heck shes not even Top 2 on her team .VERY OVERRATED

PostPosted: 03/27/17 4:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

the baseball Sabremetrics guys maybe 3 decades ago, started asking the question about what made the Voters for these allstar teams, more swayed or starry-eyed.

Personal quibble, who would Collier guard of APete and KMitchell ?

SDHoops

PostPosted: 03/28/17 2:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's getting old Lady Vols fans...first it was CP3 conspiracy now it's DD-Gate. Time has passed you all by and you aren't the big dawgs in terms of multiple Olympians, multiple All-Americans, etc. Excusing poor behavior from your Divas over the years doesn't help any

Shades

PostPosted: 03/28/17 2:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Isn't a list on how they voted a part of the public record for the AP?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 03/28/17 3:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:

Wins over:
#10 Stanford
#17 Kentucky
#6 Notre Dame
#4 South Carolina
#3 MSST

Deshields stats:

Vivians:

Honestly, I wouldn't have had either Vivians or DeShields in my top 15 players for this past season. You list Diamond's good stats, but didn't she have a lot of turnovers? I believe that she is certainly in the top 15 players in terms of talent, but I think she struggles to translate that talent into performance on the court. And I think Vivians shoots too much. Isn't 37% from the field very low for a F?

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/28/17 3:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SDHoops wrote:
It's getting old Lady Vols fans...first it was CP3 conspiracy now it's DD-Gate. Time has passed you all by and you aren't the big dawgs in terms of multiple Olympians, multiple All-Americans, etc. Excusing poor behavior from your Divas over the years doesn't help any

The only conspiracy i can remember with CP3 was how she won 2 titles and maybe 3 if she would not have been hurt freshmen yr. #Gwinnin
The DD-Gate would not be relevant if she was not the internet's most hated .

PostPosted: 03/28/17 5:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:

Wins over:
#10 Stanford
#17 Kentucky
#6 Notre Dame
#4 South Carolina
#3 MSST

Deshields stats:

Vivians:

I'm not sure what you mean? DeShields has had more feature articles written about her in the last 4 years on the ESPN site than most any other player in wcbb despite the fact that she has never been a prolific scorer, an efficient scorer, accomplished defender or a winner. There's no denying that she plays with style. Her flashy moves are among the best. But other than a great shot from 10-15 feet that she can create on her own, what about her game has improved since she left high school? She still is a poor 3 pt shooter, I've never seen her post up anyone and her defense and rebounding have been average. I have no doubt that she will be a high draft pick and if she can stay healthy will have a pro career. Her ability to create and her open court skills will translate well in the W.

As to why she didn't get hardly any votes I'm only guessing but maybe it has something to do with unfulfilled expectations. The more people expect of you, the more their disappointment when you fail to achieve. A lot like how many LV fans want Holly replaced because she hasn't gotten to a FF.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 03/28/17 5:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good summary.

5thmantheme

PostPosted: 03/29/17 3:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Those 4 singleton 1st place votes (Brown Epps Vivians Wiese) are a little sketchy too. Means 1 of the first team has to drop, and maybe all the 2nd teamers.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: