RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Pros and Cons of Final Four on wknd

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SDHoops

PostPosted: 03/21/17 3:36 am    ::: Pros and Cons of Final Four on wknd Reply Reply with quote

I looked at the schedule on the NCAA site and as someone who's attended five Final Fours, here are some thoughts..by the way I didn't even know of the change until recently. I usually procrastinate until making official plans when going. What the heck?! is my reaction.

Pros:
-I don't have to take four days of work off. Two for travel days and two to wait for the game on Tuesday.
-Final Four being held in an interesting area..not to say the others weren't, but from food to college & pro sports, this has me licking my chops.

Cons:
-No Super Saturday Sad this is by far the biggest one. Open practices, autograph sessions, All American team announced on big screen during open practices, get to freely walk around the arena prior to game day, tourney town, battle of the bands, etc. I know they are planning to have "some" of these things, but it just isn't the same!
-Short schedule. I always liked the seemingly lingering mini vacation that the Final Four provided...now I look and it's like Friday, Saturday, Sunday, see ya!

NFL1

PostPosted: 03/26/17 6:53 pm    ::: Re: Pros and Cons of Final Four on wknd Reply Reply with quote

SDHoops wrote:
I looked at the schedule on the NCAA site and as someone who's attended five Final Fours, here are some thoughts..by the way I didn't even know of the change until recently. I usually procrastinate until making official plans when going. What the heck?! is my reaction.

Pros:
-I don't have to take four days of work off. Two for travel days and two to wait for the game on Tuesday.
-Final Four being held in an interesting area..not to say the others weren't, but from food to college & pro sports, this has me licking my chops.

Cons:
-No Super Saturday Sad this is by far the biggest one. Open practices, autograph sessions, All American team announced on big screen during open practices, get to freely walk around the arena prior to game day, tourney town, battle of the bands, etc. I know they are planning to have "some" of these things, but it just isn't the same!
-Short schedule. I always liked the seemingly lingering mini vacation that the Final Four provided...now I look and it's like Friday, Saturday, Sunday, see ya!

YES - Big con - no super pre-game day - it could be held (and used to be held) on Thursday! It drew in loads of school buses, getting the young girls and boys into making signs, meeting coaches and players, getting into the excitement. There is no excuse that it's NOT a Saturday.

I made my flights months ago, and no where did it tell us that there would not be the same pre-game day activities...so wasted 2 extra days in Dallas (and missing work) to not get to meet all the great fans and see ALL the teams and fans (having autographs only of the 2 winners does not cut it).

I've sent messages to everyone I could find to complain to from NCAA - please everyone voice your opinion. This is a diss to the 4 teams who work hard all year!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: