RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#1 Notre Dame vs #2 Stanford - 3/26/17
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 03/26/17 11:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cardinal goes cold: 24 pts in 1Q, 7 in 2Q.

ND successfully playing controlled street ball with individual efforts by their Praetorian guards.

Turner who?
Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 03/26/17 11:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wtf refs have called nothing this whole tournament and they are calling this shit, like you can't go near a an ND player. And sorry but everyone is right the head flopping by ND is ridiculous.

BTW Art, Samuelson has always shot as good as she did against you last year, now I will give you McCall as she is like a box of chocolates but she gave you as many points on the defensive end so quit whining Laughing

Zune waaaah waaaah.

zune69

PostPosted: 03/26/17 12:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:
:
Zune waaaah waaaah.

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/26/17 12:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
lynxmania wrote:
ARIKE! Surprised

x2!

I just want to know why she didn't do this when she was on my fantasy team!

- Amanda Gorman
Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 03/26/17 12:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hey Zune you need some sunscreen and wrinkle remover.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 03/26/17 12:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

coffy73 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Shades wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Why is espn showing a split screen of Jon Samuelson ? Rolling Eyes

Because it's interesting. He has spawned three of the top players. You weren't complaining about the Antonio and Kendra Davis split screens.

A Split screen for the entire possession of the shot clock is unnecessary.Just show the freaking basketball game.I could care less about J.Samuelson,and i'm sure most basketball fans would agree with me.ESPN will to often run a story into the ground.They made mention of Samuelson.No need to show a split screen for 25 seconds.

I agree. I understand the why, but I thought they were gonna keep the split screen for the entire game it was so long! I had to listen to the same story during the UConn game and will probably hear it again tomorrow with the split screen present once again.

They did a whole five minute video profile on the Samuelsons yesterday. My reaction is that the Ogunbowale family story is probably more varied and interesting with her at ND, her brother just graduating as the starting RB for Wisconsin's football team and headed for the NFL, and her cousin playing for the Clippers.

I wonder whether the choice is because one family is white and the other black, or whether it's just another way to squeeze in more UConn slobber.

lynxmania

PostPosted: 03/26/17 12:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
lynxmania wrote:
lynxmania wrote:
ARIKE! Surprised

x2!

She probably hated being a Miracle. She was sabotaging you! Wink Laughing

Durantula

PostPosted: 03/26/17 12:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stanford is within 8 now with 5:54 left in the 3rd.

mikeyc22

PostPosted: 03/26/17 12:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
coffy73 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Shades wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Because it's interesting. He has spawned three of the top players. You weren't complaining about the Antonio and Kendra Davis split screens.

A Split screen for the entire possession of the shot clock is unnecessary.Just show the freaking basketball game.I could care less about J.Samuelson,and i'm sure most basketball fans would agree with me.ESPN will to often run a story into the ground.They made mention of Samuelson.No need to show a split screen for 25 seconds.

I agree. I understand the why, but I thought they were gonna keep the split screen for the entire game it was so long! I had to listen to the same story during the UConn game and will probably hear it again tomorrow with the split screen present once again.

They did a whole five minute video profile on the Samuelsons yesterday. My reaction is that the Ogunbowale family story is probably more varied and interesting with her at ND, her brother just graduating as the starting RB for Wisconsin's football team and headed for the NFL, and her cousin playing for the Clippers.

I wonder whether the choice is because one family is white and the other black, or whether it's just another way to squeeze in more UConn slobber.

Or maybe ya know, both players being featured are in the same tournament that ESPN is televising and covering Rolling Eyes

Shades

PostPosted: 03/26/17 12:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
lynxmania wrote:
lynxmania wrote:
ARIKE! Surprised

x2!

She has the green light to do her Kelsey Plum impersonation now that Turner has gone down.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 03/26/17 12:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Notice the difference between this game and the Maryland game yesterday?

Muffett made adjustments during the first quarter that led to ND opening up a lead. Tara made adjustments at halftime that have resulted in closing the lead.

Brenda. . . . .. well she gave an inspirational rah rah speech for the cameras at halftime. They lost.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 03/26/17 12:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mikeyc22 wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
coffy73 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Shades wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Or maybe ya know, both players being featured are in the same tournament that ESPN is televising and covering Rolling Eyes

Actually three were featured and one is long gone. But nice try.

linkster

PostPosted: 03/26/17 12:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mikeyc22 wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
coffy73 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Shades wrote:
zune69 wrote:

I hope they do a feature on Nurse, who has a brother in the NHL and an uncle who was an all-pro-quarterback in the NFL.

slobber, slobber, slobber. Razz

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 03/26/17 12:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:

I hope they do a feature on Nurse, who has a brother in the NHL and an uncle who was an all-pro-quarterback in the NFL.

slobber, slobber, slobber. Razz

Thought they already did that one.

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 03/26/17 12:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
coffy73 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Shades wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Oh and that doesn't sound racist, you do realize racism goes both ways, bigot maybe they are not catholic to and you can whine about that, oh and maybe they are not Irish American, oh maybe they are all girls and you can say its sexism.

Last edited by Nixtreefan on 03/26/17 12:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
linkster

PostPosted: 03/26/17 12:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What the hell is the problem with all the clock problems in this tournament. It seems as if they have to stop play 2 or 3 times a game due to the incompetence of the person in charge of the clock.

It's as if the NCAA hired friends and family who never did it before.

linkster

PostPosted: 03/26/17 12:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They just showed a replay of the last Stanford basket and the defender clearly hammered her on the shoulder with her arm as she shot. An official was standing right there and yet no call?

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/26/17 12:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Notice the difference between this game and the Maryland game yesterday?

Muffett made adjustments during the first quarter that led to ND opening up a lead. Tara made adjustments at halftime that have resulted in closing the lead.

Brenda. . . . .. well she gave an inspirational rah rah speech for the cameras at halftime. They lost.

Yeah, you definitely see real coaching in this one.

- Amanda Gorman
myrtle

PostPosted: 03/26/17 12:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
They just showed a replay of the last Stanford basket and the defender clearly hammered her on the shoulder with her arm as she shot. An official was standing right there and yet no call?

I noticed that too, but what the heck. At least she made the shot.

- Amanda Gorman
Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 03/26/17 12:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Debbie understatement of the tournament Ogunbowale is not looking to pass Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Durantula

PostPosted: 03/26/17 12:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Who operates the clock? An NCAA employee? An employee of one of the schools? Someone on the officiating staff?

Stanford is now down 2 points after 3.

Shades

PostPosted: 03/26/17 12:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Beautifully-timed oop

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Hoops9092

PostPosted: 03/26/17 12:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LETS GO CARD

57-55 ND at the start of the 4th.

10 minutes

Hoops9092

PostPosted: 03/26/17 12:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You wonder if Stanford can grab a lead what happens next. We saw this same ND team have a collapse in the Purdue game without Turner.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 03/26/17 12:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stanford playing better team ball; ND, better individual effort ball. Assists 18-8 in favor of Stanford.

Arike has ferrocentric fingers: they only release the ball in the direction of iron.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: