RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

DePaul's new home basketball court is nearly ready

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 09/07/17 11:31 pm    ::: DePaul's new home basketball court is nearly ready Reply Reply with quote

Nice looking floor, complete with Chicago skyline.

DePaul men’s and women’s basketball will debut at the new arena on Nov. 5 in a doubleheader exhibition game against NAIA opponents. The women will play their first regular season game at Wintrust on Nov. 10 against the University of Northern Colorado; the men debut the next day against Notre Dame.

What a great step for the DePaul basketball programs. DePaul comes home to downtown Chicago, where they belong. Congratulations!

http://depauliaonline.com/2017/09/07/28700/

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 09/08/17 7:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I didn't realize the DePaul women were only playing some of their games in the new arena. I was thinking I might get a chance to check it out if I went down for the MU-DePaul game this season but I see they might still be in the old arena then. I see they are playing UCONN in the new arena which is a smart move. If the Big East ever announces their schedule (can't believe it's not out yet), I'll see if I can go down there this season. It looks like a nice arena.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 09/08/17 9:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This arena is walking distance from my building, so I am very excited for it to open. Plan to take in some DePaul games this year, and finally get to go to Sky games in the summer.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 09/08/17 9:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
This arena is walking distance from my building, so I am very excited for it to open. Plan to take in some DePaul games this year, and finally get to go to Sky games in the summer.

You might be interested to know their website says:

• Join in today as general public season tickets are now available for purchase and start at just $170 per package ($10/home game). Women’s basketball 6-game Wintrust Arena ticket plans are also available and start at $50.
• DePaul basketball season ticket holders will also have the first right to purchase tickets at Wintrust Arena for non-DePaul basketball events.

I don't know if that means only six women's games will be played at Wintrust?

Queenie

PostPosted: 09/08/17 10:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marquette Fan wrote:
I didn't realize the DePaul women were only playing some of their games in the new arena. I was thinking I might get a chance to check it out if I went down for the MU-DePaul game this season but I see they might still be in the old arena then. I see they are playing UCONN in the new arena which is a smart move. If the Big East ever announces their schedule (can't believe it's not out yet), I'll see if I can go down there this season. It looks like a nice arena.

Ugghhhhhh, seriously. The NEC has its damn act together before the Big East.

More topically, the multicolor skyline is a little too busy for me, but I hear the new arena is going to be lovely.

(now with spelling variations)
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 09/08/17 11:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Marquette Fan wrote:

More topically, the multicolor skyline is a little too busy for me, but I hear the new arena is going to be lovely.

I don't think the ACC's schedule is out yet either. They finally released the men's schedule yesterday, so I figure the women's will be released any day now ( I think it was on Sept 15 last year so I suppose it could be another week).

Queenie

PostPosted: 09/08/17 12:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Queenie wrote:
Marquette Fan wrote:

I don't think the ACC's schedule is out yet either. They finally released the men's schedule yesterday, so I figure the women's will be released any day now ( I think it was on Sept 15 last year so I suppose it could be another week).

I hope you're right. I have a spreadsheet to fill in, and it's kind of embarrassing that the mid-majors that usually lag behind the BEast have it together faster this year. It's also annoying, since St. John's is sort of the fulcrum of the spreadsheet- everything has to be scheduled around that.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 09/08/17 2:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
Queenie wrote:
Marquette Fan wrote:

I hope you're right. I have a spreadsheet to fill in, and it's kind of embarrassing that the mid-majors that usually lag behind the BEast have it together faster this year. It's also annoying, since St. John's is sort of the fulcrum of the spreadsheet- everything has to be scheduled around that.

I heard the Big East Men's Basketball schedule is coming out next week so I'm guessing the Women's schedule will be around then also - maybe one day after the Men's - guess I'll find out next week if it comes out or not.

The fact that the DePaul Women may only be playing 6 games at Wintrust Arena makes me think it's not real likely the MU-DePaul game will be there. Although they haven't announced the BET location yet and DePaul's new arena seems like a good candidate for it - maybe I can make it down there for that if the tourney is held there.

Queenie

PostPosted: 09/08/17 2:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not for nothing, but I'd love for the conference tournament to maybe leave the Midwest at some point. I mean, it *is* the Big East, after all. Wink

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 09/08/17 3:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Not for nothing, but I'd love for the conference tournament to maybe leave the Midwest at some point. I mean, it *is* the Big East, after all. Wink

I think it should stay in Milwaukee Smile. I kid of course - yes the East would make sense - kind of surprised they haven't announced the 2018 BET location yet. But I saw it as TBD on the BE site this morning and googled it and couldn't find anything. Maybe they will announce it when they finally announce the conference schedule?

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 09/13/17 6:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So the Big East Men's Schedule was announced yesterday and still no Women's Schedule. Ugh!!!!!!!!!!!! What on earth is taking them so long? Please say they announce it yet this week.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: