RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Amy Schumer: Alt-right Internet Trolls are Behind BadReviews

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stonington_QB

PostPosted: 03/17/17 10:30 am    ::: Amy Schumer: Alt-right Internet Trolls are Behind BadReviews Reply Reply with quote

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/03/17/amy-schumer-alt-right-internet-trolls-behind-netflix-specials-bad-reviews.html
Quote:
Amy Schumer insists people really like her new Netflix special, and claims alt-right Internet trolls are the ones responsible for its bad buzz.

"The alt right organized trolls attack everything I do," she said in a lengthy Instagram post. "They organize to get my ratings down."

Schumer also slammed "the 'journalists' who report on trolls activities as if it's news" adding that this is "what the current administration wants."

The 35-year-old said the alt-right organized similar protests against her book, TV show and movies.

"I want to thank them," she said of the trolls. "It reminds me what I'm saying is effective and bring more interest to my work and their obsession with me keeps me going."

Schumer also addressed reports that she stole jokes from other comedians for her new Netflix special.

"Call me a thief and I will continue to rise and fight and lead," she stated. "I know who I am."

PUmatty

PostPosted: 03/17/17 11:23 am    ::: Re: Amy Schumer: Alt-right Internet Trolls are Behind BadRev Reply Reply with quote

I have no doubt that there are misogynistic Internet trolls who hate Amy Schumer for reasons that have little do with whether her comedy is funny and who lash out at it for those reasons. On IMDB, for example, more than half of the ratings for the new special are a 1 - this is highly unusual for even things that are universally panned, and usually happen when there is a group with an agenda goes after a person without reading or watching the work. See, for example, the now-removed Amazon ratings of Megan Kelly's book when it came out. See the negative ratings of the new Ghostbusters movie before it was even released.

Also, I saw Amy Schumer when she was in Chicago with this material. It was a pretty bad show.

pilight

PostPosted: 03/17/17 11:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I haven't seen this special and don't plan to. I have also not reviewed it. Amy Schumer is not funny or interesting to me.

PostPosted: 03/17/17 12:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There should be a way to remove false critical (or positive) reviews for everything. I've seen my share of fake positive reviews, as well as unwarranted negative reviews for things. For example, the WatchESPN app has a ton of 1-star reviews from people who don't pay for a TV subscription and were expecting to receive paid services for free. Then there are the "positive" reviews of a business by the owners themselves. It's really hard to trust anything you read when it comes to reviews.

As far as Amy Schumer is concerned, she can blame whoever she wants, but the professional critics weren't too high on her Netflix special either.

Ay Mate

PostPosted: 03/17/17 9:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If it's her "Leather" show, we watched about 10 minutes of it before turning it off. It was awful. She wasn't funny at all. We switched to Chelsea Handler's Uganda stand up show on Netflix. Handler's show was HILARIOUS the entire way through. We gave Schumer's show 1 star and Handler's show 5 stars.

Ay Mate

PostPosted: 03/17/17 9:48 pm    ::: Re: Amy Schumer: Alt-right Internet Trolls are Behind BadRev Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
I have no doubt that there are misogynistic Internet trolls who hate Amy Schumer for reasons that have little do with whether her comedy is funny and who lash out at it for those reasons. On IMDB, for example, more than half of the ratings for the new special are a 1 - this is highly unusual for even things that are universally panned, and usually happen when there is a group with an agenda goes after a person without reading or watching the work. See, for example, the now-removed Amazon ratings of Megan Kelly's book when it came out. See the negative ratings of the new Ghostbusters movie before it was even released.

Also, I saw Amy Schumer when she was in Chicago with this material. It was a pretty bad show.

I also saw the new Ghostbusters movie and couldn't get all the way through it. It was extremely horrible. Not because of the women. I love all 4 actresses that were on it, but the movie itself, horrible. I don't remember if I watched it on Netflix or On Demand on xfinity but if I watched it on Netflix, I gave it 1 star also.

Ay Mate

PostPosted: 03/17/17 9:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If it's her "Leather" show, we watched about 10 minutes of it before turning it off. It was awful. She wasn't funny at all. We switched to Chelsea Handler's Uganda stand up show on Netflix. Handler's show was HILARIOUS the entire way through. We gave Schumer's show 1 star and Handler's show 5 stars.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: