RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Oh dear, UCONN has the easiest region again

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 03/13/17 6:21 pm    ::: Oh dear, UCONN has the easiest region again Reply Reply with quote

Laughing

PostPosted: 03/13/17 6:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think this is the one year no one's going to be saying that, and if they do they are exceptionally stupid.

(now with spelling variations)
pilight

PostPosted: 03/13/17 7:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nope, not this time. Notre Dame got the easy ride.

PostPosted: 03/13/17 7:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stockton seems the easiest to me.

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/13/17 7:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think UConn has the hardest bracket which is pretty weird. Not that they will have trouble with it of course.

I think Stockton is where it is most apt for the #1 and #2 to play for the trip to the final 4...so I guess that is the easiest region IMO.

- Amanda Gorman
myrtle

PostPosted: 03/13/17 7:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

this is about the stupidest show you could ever watch. Confused

- Amanda Gorman
cthskzfn

PostPosted: 03/13/17 7:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
I think UConn has the hardest bracket which is pretty weird. Not that they will have trouble with it of course.

I think Stockton is where it is most apt for the #1 and #2 to play for the trip to the final 4...so I guess that is the easiest region IMO.

I know what you're doing there! Wink

PostPosted: 03/13/17 8:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
I think this is the one year no one's going to be saying that, and if they do they are exceptionally stupid.

Be nice to Mechelle!

Easiest region

Bridgeport: The Huskies actually have lost at their home-away-from-home in Bridgeport before: In 2006, they fell to Duke 63-61 in overtime in the regional final. Nothing like that is likely to happen again. -- Voepel

http://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/18900047/breaking-women-ncaa-tournament-bracket

Last edited by cthskzfn on 03/14/17 5:30 am; edited 1 time in total
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 03/13/17 8:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mikeyc22 wrote:

By a pretty wide margin.

willtalk

PostPosted: 03/13/17 10:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mikeyc22 wrote:

They had to throw the teams that bone because they had to come play in Stockton.

CBiebel

PostPosted: 03/13/17 10:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Nope, not this time. Notre Dame got the easy ride.

Huh? Kentucky at Lexington, Stanford (the team who knocked them out last year), tOSU, Texas, and, oh yeah, the only ACC team to beat ND this year.

Davis4632

PostPosted: 03/13/17 11:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

.IMO, ND has the harder, potential path to make it to the FF. UConn has more offensive scoring teams in the bracket than they have had in the last 2-3 years though.

RavenDog

PostPosted: 03/14/17 1:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:

+1

linkster

PostPosted: 03/14/17 1:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Davis4632 wrote:
.IMO, ND has the harder, potential path to make it to the FF. UConn has more offensive scoring teams in the bracket than they have had in the last 2-3 years though.

The high scoring teams are more dangerous for UConn. If UConn has a cold-shooting game they can still stay close to teams like Louisville, Miss St, ASU but if they do it against a Maryland, tOSU or Baylor they could find themselves down 15+ real quick. Maryland found that out against tOSU. Of course IMO almost every team in the country would lose to tOSU if they shoot like they did in that game. But then tOSU could get beat by almost anyone if their shooting goes cold.

But to me, if a team is complaining about their potential match ups they aren't NC material.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 03/14/17 1:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's not easy to say what's hard, and it's hard to say what's easy.

Ne'rtheless, I'll say Notre Dame has the easiest path to the NC game -- given both their bracket, which has inconsistent Stanford, Kentucky and Texas, and the other bracket on their side, which has an injured South Carolina and a probably overrated Oregon State and Miami. FSU could be the most competitive obstacle to the Irish, and I hope the mighty Seminoles do prevail. Sue is due.
Stonington_QB

PostPosted: 03/15/17 8:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Easiest bracket with Maryland in the group? You're insane.

If anything UConn drew the short straw this year.

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 03/15/17 9:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stonington_QB wrote:

Check the batteries in your sarcasm detector. Wink

Hoops9092

PostPosted: 03/15/17 10:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think Baylor has a really good shot at beating Connecticut in Dallas in the Final Four, if the seeds hold on that side of the bracket.

Connecticut will be fine up until the Elite Eight. I think Maryland is the obvious opponent there, not Duke. But if either West Virginia or Duke take down the Terps then UConn is an easy shoe-in to the Final Four.

For Baylor, I think Cal or LSU is a tough 2nd Rd match-up even if at home. Louisville or Tennessee ain't easy either. But I think if they get to the Elite Eight they will have no problem with whomever comes out of the bottom half of their bracket (Wash, Miss St, DePaul). Baylor and Kim Mulkey are my favorite to win this all in Dallas with a loaded team.

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/15/17 10:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
Stonington_QB wrote:

g1
Laughing

Stonington_QB

PostPosted: 03/15/17 10:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
Stonington_QB wrote:

They're working...

Notre Dame has the cakewalk to the NC title game this year, not UConn.

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/15/17 11:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hoops9092 wrote:
I think Baylor has a really good shot at beating Connecticut in Dallas in the Final Four, if the seeds hold on that side of the bracket.

Connecticut will be fine up until the Elite Eight. I think Maryland is the obvious opponent there, not Duke. But if either West Virginia or Duke take down the Terps then UConn is an easy shoe-in to the Final Four.

For Baylor, I think Cal or LSU is a tough 2nd Rd match-up even if at home. Louisville or Tennessee ain't easy either. But I think if they get to the Elite Eight they will have no problem with whomever comes out of the bottom half of their bracket (Wash, Miss St, DePaul). Baylor and Kim Mulkey are my favorite to win this all in Dallas with a loaded team.

The health of Alexis Jones is a big deal for Baylor. Will she be back? Will she be 100%? And this year is such a crap shoot, because on any particular night there are about 10 teams who could beat any other (except UConn of course).

South Caro's shot at the title pretty much evaporated without Coates IMO. Wilson will still be a beast, but the others will have to step up for them to get out of their regional, even though it appears to be the 'weakest'. If it turns out to be OrSU v. SC in the regional final, I think OrSU wins, just because they make other teams play ugly and SC already sometimes struggle to score. OrSU looks like a not very good team, but they somehow manage to make the opponent look bad too.

Lots of story lines to consider.

- Amanda Gorman
cthskzfn

PostPosted: 03/15/17 3:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Hoops9092 wrote:

The health of Alexis Jones is a big deal for Baylor. Will she be back? Will she be 100%? And this year is such a crap shoot, because on any particular night there are about 10 teams who could beat any other (except UConn of course).

South Caro's shot at the title pretty much evaporated without Coates IMO. Wilson will still be a beast, but the others will have to step up for them to get out of their regional, even though it appears to be the 'weakest'. If it turns out to be OrSU v. SC in the regional final, I think OrSU wins, just because they make other teams play ugly and SC already sometimes struggle to score. OrSU looks like a not very good team, but they somehow manage to make the opponent look bad too.

Lots of story lines to consider.

That's exactly why i think SCar will win- they play in the SEC and thus are quite familiar with Fuglyball. The Beavs won't cause any frustration because the GCs know all about 16-12 quarters. It's what they do. I do say that OR ST has a decided coaching advantage though, and that will factor into it, naturally.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: