RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2017 Attrition, Transfer, and Injury Report
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ladyvol777

PostPosted: 06/22/17 10:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
DD leaving has vague rumor status on VN.

It not DD

pilight

PostPosted: 06/22/17 11:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Logically, you would expect it to be someone who would not have been eligible for the 2017 draft. Otherwise they would have come out back in March or April. It wouldn't make any sense for DeShields to come out now.

PostPosted: 06/22/17 11:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Logically, you would expect it to be someone who would not have been eligible for the 2017 draft. Otherwise they would have come out back in March or April. It wouldn't make any sense for DeShields to come out now.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ doesnt need to make sense TBH . But not saying its DD neither , time will tell .

PostPosted: 06/22/17 11:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh, just stop it! This is middle school game-playing stuff. Either shut up until there's a real story, or out with it.

PostPosted: 06/22/17 11:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

I can see people rethinking their decision in the summer months once they've stepped away from the team for a bit. Or, if a fellow player transfers and changes your expectation for the team.

The most obvious team that has had angst was Tennessee, where Jamie Nared, Mercedes Russell and Diamond Deshields would be candidates for this. The draft is so deep that a dozen players could be considered "top."

Nerd2

PostPosted: 06/22/17 12:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
Oh, just stop it! This is middle school game-playing stuff. Either shut up until there's a real story, or out with it.

Seriously. I have two names in mind myself but am resisting starting a massive guessing game.

linkster

PostPosted: 06/22/17 1:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It could be someone who didn't intend to leave but perhaps became academically ineligible. They would have to be an elite level college player to draw interest from Europe.

But the OP does remind me of the 7th grade. Very Happy

linkster

PostPosted: 06/22/17 1:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

double post

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/22/17 3:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:

Laughing Cool

PostPosted: 06/22/17 3:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
rumors starting about one of the country's top players skipping this season to play overseas & enter the draft in that order next season . Shocked I must say if this happens and its the player there saying i will never forgive the person in charge ! #EndOfStory Evil or Very Mad Arrow

The " person in charge " ? Um, wouldn't that be the player her self ?

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/23/17 8:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scfastpitch wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
rumors starting about one of the country's top players skipping this season to play overseas & enter the draft in that order next season . Shocked I must say if this happens and its the player there saying i will never forgive the person in charge ! #EndOfStory Evil or Very Mad Arrow

The " person in charge " ? Um, wouldn't that be the player her self ?

sure

PostPosted: 06/23/17 4:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And Diamond leaves....

ucbart

PostPosted: 06/23/17 4:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
And Diamond leaves....

Do you think Diamond left to avoid going to SA? She would've been the sure fire #1 pick this year and next year she won't.

sigur3

PostPosted: 06/23/17 4:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
And Diamond leaves....

Do you think Diamond left to avoid going to SA? She would've been the sure fire #1 pick this year and next year she won't.

Maybe she was waiting to see if her bestie would get kicked off the team.

Ladyvol777

PostPosted: 06/23/17 5:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WOW !!!!!! no DD for Tennessee

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 06/23/17 5:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:

Laughing

PostPosted: 06/23/17 5:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

so how are her W rights given?

PostPosted: 06/23/17 5:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
so how are her W rights given?

she enters the 2018 draft. Embarassed

PostPosted: 06/23/17 5:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fighting Artichoke wrote:
Conway Gamecock wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
shontay33 wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
shontay33 wrote:

Nothing strange about the situation. When you win like UCONN and SC do, players want to be apart of your program.

You didn't seriously attempt to equate South Carolina and UConn, did you? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

There's quite few schools after UConn before you stumble upon S. Carolina. And I don't see any of them adding multiple transfers per year.

Its obvious you are missing the point. The point is that when you win, kids want to come to your school. It happens at the high school level as well.

So what happens when you win and they leave ? Whos won more than Tennessee , UCONN , Notre Dame & Stanford in the last 20 years ? Sure not Scar and im actually a fan of this new power to the women's rank just not quite ready to place them as a mainstay at the powerhouse level. The recruiting has not been what ive expected but dawn has managed to make up for it with birdies Rolling Eyes

Kids who play today - and their parents - don't care much what a program did 20 years ago. If they went 39-0 or 0-39. Because it matters little what happens to their daughter's next 4 years in college.

What the program does NOW, that weighs more heavily. Top players like Davis and Gray and Cooper - who had USC as a leader during their recruitment as high schoolers, but chose to go to other programs when USC was winning 25 games and making the sweet-sixteen, change their mind and transfer to USC when the Gamecocks start earning #1 seeds in the NCAAT and reach the Final Four.

Meanwhile, over the past 3 years Tennessee has had more 5-stars, and more McD All-Americans on their rosters than USC has had on theirs: UT's seasons have gotten worse with each subsequent year under Warlick, while USC has been to the Final Four twice and won the whole thing once. And kids and their parents are going to worry about what happened 20 years ago? That stuff only means something to bitter fans of other programs...

Why must you respond so negatively to every poster?

I like women's collegiate basketball. I wanted to find a website somewhere where I could engage in discussions about the WCBB team I follow, South Carolina.

I have been a heavy poster and visitor to collegiate sports message boards since 2003. I have been administrators on two of them. I am in my 50s, and prefer to have mature discussions without the need for juvenile trolling and trashing of other teams.

My experiences here leave me mostly resolving myself to posting in the game threads for my team, whenever they may be posted here. But I'm about to say adios to this site just like I did with the other site I tried to frequent, but had the same posters there that also post here. I'm resigning myself to the fact that the only people who care to post about WCBB are immature, catty, trolls who could care less to discuss teams and players reasonably, and instead just want to rumor-monger and trash. I got tired of that waste of time nonsense 10 years ago.

But here I find myself mostly responding to trolls who post untruths about my team, than discussing anything in a mature fashion. I came to this thread to see if there were posts about DeShields leaving UT, and instead find a tired drawn out discussion about South Carolina and the transfers they have had into their program over the past TWO - TWO - a WHOPPING ONE-TWO - years like they have been doing this for decades. Like there's some conspiracy or cheating within the program. It's par for the course I guess. Nothing mature or truthful being talked about here. Now I know where all the Jerry Springer viewers went when that show fell out of syndication....

So yeah, I log on here, and I suddenly get negative. There's your answer....

Conway Gamecock

PostPosted: 06/23/17 6:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Because she's frustrated that no one is giving her favorite team the vastly inflated deference she erroneously believes is due.

I'm still trying to figure out how SCar for the first time joining the rather large club of 40+ schools that have been to the final four (a semi final, not a final, by the way) is supposed to explain the Davis and Gray transfers a month later.

I didn't see a flood of blue chip transfers the next year to Syracuse when they went to the title game or to UDub and OreSt when they, like SCar the year before, made their first FFs. Why didn't Davis and Gray choose UConn, ND or Maryland, each of which was also in the 2015 FF and each of which had one hell of a lot more impressive record of success. So going to their first final four ever doesn't seem to explain it, and it seems those asking why SCar has seen this parade of transfers might still have a point. Just stomping one's foot and repeating "it's because everybody loves a winner" doesn't explain it at all.

I am a HE. I think this may be the big issue here. I think most of y'all are women, and when women get all "pissy" they get all ugly with the trashing of other women: their clothes, fashion sense, hairstyles, how they trim their eyebrows. And since this IS about WOMEN'S collegiate basketball, perhaps that's why there are so many ugly and immature posts trashing other teams/players/head coaches, etc.

Gray was once a silent commit to USC before switching her commitment to UNC. Apparently when she decided to transfer from UNC, USC was her first choice. Kaela Davis' AAU team, Georgia Ice, was coached by her father, and DeShields was also a member of that team. Staley recruited both Davis and DeShields, who visited USC after she left UNC along with Te'a Cooper. Cooper was also recruited as was her older sister Mia who committed to USC but never made it in due to not passing admissions requirements. Apparently Staley is very close to Cooper's parents.

I think the same reason why these players went to UNC or UT in the first place is why they now came to USC: all are top level programs that have been or are now experiencing greater success, and these players want to be a part of that success while not going after it way across the country. And after all, Dawn Staley is STILL the face of women's basketball, and commands great respect within the sport at all levels. It's like wanting to play for Mike Krzyzewski in MBB, and for Nick Saban in CFB. Staley was up there with the Summitts, Auriemmas, McGraws, VanDerveers even before she started winning like them, and lately she's been doing more of that too....

Iluvacc

PostPosted: 06/23/17 6:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Conway Gamecock wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
Because she's frustrated that no one is giving her favorite team the vastly inflated deference she erroneously believes is due.

I'm still trying to figure out how SCar for the first time joining the rather large club of 40+ schools that have been to the final four (a semi final, not a final, by the way) is supposed to explain the Davis and Gray transfers a month later.

I didn't see a flood of blue chip transfers the next year to Syracuse when they went to the title game or to UDub and OreSt when they, like SCar the year before, made their first FFs. Why didn't Davis and Gray choose UConn, ND or Maryland, each of which was also in the 2015 FF and each of which had one hell of a lot more impressive record of success. So going to their first final four ever doesn't seem to explain it, and it seems those asking why SCar has seen this parade of transfers might still have a point. Just stomping one's foot and repeating "it's because everybody loves a winner" doesn't explain it at all.

I am a HE. I think this may be the big issue here. I think most of y'all are women, and when women get all "pissy" they get all ugly with the trashing of other women: their clothes, fashion sense, hairstyles, how they trim their eyebrows. And since this IS about WOMEN'S collegiate basketball, perhaps that's why there are so many ugly and immature posts trashing other teams/players/head coaches, etc.

Gray was once a silent commit to USC before switching her commitment to UNC. Apparently when she decided to transfer from UNC, USC was her first choice. Kaela Davis' AAU team, Georgia Ice, was coached by her father, and DeShields was also a member of that team. Staley recruited both Davis and DeShields, who visited USC after she left UNC along with Te'a Cooper. Cooper was also recruited as was her older sister Mia who committed to USC but never made it in due to not passing admissions requirements. Apparently Staley is very close to Cooper's parents.

I think the same reason why these players went to UNC or UT in the first place is why they now came to USC: all are top level programs that have been or are now experiencing greater success, and these players want to be a part of that success while not going after it way across the country. And after all, Dawn Staley is STILL the face of women's basketball, and commands great respect within the sport at all levels. It's like wanting to play for Mike Krzyzewski in MBB, and for Nick Saban in CFB. Staley was up there with the Summitts, Auriemmas, McGraws, VanDerveers even before she started winning like them, and lately she's been doing more of that too....

I'm literally speechless right now Shocked

PhillyCat

PostPosted: 06/23/17 6:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Conway Gamecock wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:

Oh my.

sigur3

PostPosted: 06/23/17 6:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm not a woman, but I think that generalization is a tad off-base...

Conway Gamecock

PostPosted: 06/23/17 6:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
I'm not a woman, but I think that generalization is a tad off-base...

Then you three posters: try to answer this. Why would this poster named WNBA09 claim to "like South Carolina", then state as if its fact that USC has had these "magical birdies fall into their lap" before their first final four? And state it as if its simple fact, when there's zero truth to it? Why call Alaina Coates "slow", when for her position she's as fast as they come?

Why try to talk about the transfers into USC that have taken place over the great expanse of TWO seasons as if its what Staley has been doing the whole time she was at USC. Again, as if it was fact. During a span of time when transfers out and into programs have been seen at an unprecedented rate, and not just involving South Carolina, where the staff had heavily recruited all those girls with the exception of Imovbioh.

And this after what I have experienced involving A'ja Wilson's commitment to USC, and opinions of Dawn Staley as a coach. Is this what y'all do on these message boards? Why pick out South Carolina, of all teams?

On other msg boards, they typically set a sub-forum aside for the trolls who want to rant and trash each other. Get them out of the hair of those who actually wants to talk about sports like adults. Do y'all have a sub-forum here for those adult discussions set aside for the likes of me? So I can avoid this pitiful nonsense and actually talk sports? Please point it out to me....

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 06/23/17 6:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:
Conway Gamecock wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:

I'm literally speechless right now Shocked

Which parts left you that way? The offensive parts or the delusional parts?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 23 of 27

Jump to: