RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

2017 Attrition, Transfer, and Injury Report
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
bucks4now



Joined: 28 Feb 2006
Posts: 580



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/04/17 7:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Double wow...


mzonefan



Joined: 15 Oct 2005
Posts: 2779
Location: Ann Arbor, MI


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/04/17 8:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Official release:

http://www.umterps.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=29700&ATCLID=211546991

Maryland Athletics 4-4-2017

COLLEGE PARK, Md. – University of Maryland women’s basketball head coach Brenda Frese announced Tuesday that Destiny Slocum, Kiah Gillespie and Jenna Staiti have been granted permission to transfer.


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 4291
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/04/17 8:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mzonefan wrote:
Official release:

http://www.umterps.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=29700&ATCLID=211546991

Maryland Athletics 4-4-2017

COLLEGE PARK, Md. – University of Maryland women’s basketball head coach Brenda Frese announced Tuesday that Destiny Slocum, Kiah Gillespie and Jenna Staiti have been granted permission to transfer.


THIS IS JUST CRAZY . THESE TRANSFERS YEAR AFTER YEAR ARE BECOMING MORE OBSURD . 2nd time in 5 Years the NFOY has decided to transfer . 2nd year in a row a MD PG has decided to transfer out . I loved Slocum in a terp uni . Wonder who was all apart of her final recruiting choices .



_________________
2-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-2-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 4291
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/04/17 8:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mzonefan wrote:
Official release:

http://www.umterps.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=29700&ATCLID=211546991

Maryland Athletics 4-4-2017

COLLEGE PARK, Md. – University of Maryland women’s basketball head coach Brenda Frese announced Tuesday that Destiny Slocum, Kiah Gillespie and Jenna Staiti have been granted permission to transfer.


Old article but could hold some insight to where or what slocum just might be thinking. She didnt seem confident before deciding to join Washington the reopening her recruitment to join maryland afterwards . Hopefully back to the Pac 12 for slocum !

http://www.espn.com/espnw/news-commentary/article/12746753/not-even-mother-nature-keep-destiny-slocum-away-basket



_________________
2-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-2-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
PRballer



Joined: 18 Apr 2007
Posts: 1864



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/04/17 9:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Scratching my head thinking about how special Washington could have been this year had she kept her commitment to the left coast Huskies.


pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 55115
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/04/17 9:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kaela Davis and Allisha Gray from South Carolina have declared for the WNBA draft



_________________
Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
Ex-Ref



Joined: 04 Oct 2009
Posts: 4414



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/04/17 9:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
mzonefan wrote:
Official release:

http://www.umterps.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=29700&ATCLID=211546991

Maryland Athletics 4-4-2017

COLLEGE PARK, Md. – University of Maryland women’s basketball head coach Brenda Frese announced Tuesday that Destiny Slocum, Kiah Gillespie and Jenna Staiti have been granted permission to transfer.


Old article but could hold some insight to where or what slocum just might be thinking. She didnt seem confident before deciding to join Washington the reopening her recruitment to join maryland afterwards . Hopefully back to the Pac 12 for slocum !

http://www.espn.com/espnw/news-commentary/article/12746753/not-even-mother-nature-keep-destiny-slocum-away-basket




Quote:
"She had upper-body strength that was very unusual for a girl her age," Skogrand said. "She was strong enough to penetrate and then whip that ball out to the 3-point shooters."


Apparently still does!! I still can't get over that 70 footer!!!! And neither can my shoulders!!!!! Wink


Quote:
She recently had her photo taken while lying on the grass, embracing a basketball. She jokes that "Nike" is her boyfriend.


Um, she does know that Nike is a goddess, right? Wink



_________________
neverthless she persisted
Ex-Ref



Joined: 04 Oct 2009
Posts: 4414



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/04/17 9:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PRballer wrote:
Scratching my head thinking about how special Washington could have been this year had she kept her commitment to the left coast Huskies.


So does she go back to Washington regardless who the coach is or does she go to Arkansas with Neighbors or somewhere else?



_________________
neverthless she persisted
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 4291
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/04/17 9:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Kaela Davis and Allisha Gray from South Carolina have declared for the WNBA draft



WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH ARE U SERIOUS ! Sources links ? i thought they had til yesterday to declare ...i DID NOT expect this but i am not suprised . They got there Nati i dont see why else they would want to stay in SC .



_________________
2-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-2-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 55115
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/04/17 9:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:
Kaela Davis and Allisha Gray from South Carolina have declared for the WNBA draft



WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH ARE U SERIOUS ! Sources links ? i thought they had til yesterday to declare ...i DID NOT expect this but i am not suprised . They got there Nati i dont see why else they would want to stay in SC .


http://www.muskokaregion.com/sports-story/7224912-ap-source-south-carolina-s-davis-gray-enter-wnba-draft/

Quote:
Two people familiar with the situation say South Carolina's Kaela Davis and Allisha Gray have decided to enter the WNBA draft



_________________
Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 4291
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/04/17 9:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:
Kaela Davis and Allisha Gray from South Carolina have declared for the WNBA draft



WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH ARE U SERIOUS ! Sources links ? i thought they had til yesterday to declare ...i DID NOT expect this but i am not suprised . They got there Nati i dont see why else they would want to stay in SC .


http://www.muskokaregion.com/sports-story/7224912-ap-source-south-carolina-s-davis-gray-enter-wnba-draft/

Quote:
Two people familiar with the situation say South Carolina's Kaela Davis and Allisha Gray have decided to enter the WNBA draft


This is awesome pilight ! Sad for the gamecocks who wont be up to par to defend there nati . Miss St & Tenn looking like the favorites in the SEC next year. Does Dawn have any good recruits coming in this year ? She had to be prepared for this . Maybe Slocum to SC ? Transfers seem to be a great route lol



_________________
2-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-2-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Phil



Joined: 22 Oct 2011
Posts: 906



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/04/17 10:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Also Kiah Gillespie and Jenna Staiti (MD)

http://www.umterps.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=29700&ATCLID=211546991

[edit] Oops, sorry, I even did a search, but missed it was already reported


PRballer



Joined: 18 Apr 2007
Posts: 1864



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/04/17 10:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
PRballer wrote:
Scratching my head thinking about how special Washington could have been this year had she kept her commitment to the left coast Huskies.


So does she go back to Washington regardless who the coach is or does she go to Arkansas with Neighbors or somewhere else?


Hmm. I'm guessing somewhere else since the cupboard is relatively bare (McDonald and Romeo need bigs) in Seattle now and Neighbors is gone - unless she absolutely loved the school. Barnes as a former WNBA player could have been the lead recruiter when she was on staff so who knows what her relationships were like?

I read about homesickness in the Washington Post, so wonder if Oregon State could be a destination? Her and Pivec would be a hell of a backcourt in Corvallis with some nice shooters/wings in Tudor and McWilliams ready to go, not to mention the size Rueck has coming in wiht 6'8 and 6'9 kids. I don't think she would go to Oregon, Cal or USC, though Cal could use her.

UCLA has an open point guard spot ready to go after Canada graduates.

Perhaps she developed a relationship with Adia Barnes and Arizona is the destination where she can build something - but guessing more likely an upper echelon Pac 12 school.

Fascinated to see where she and her fellow teammates end up. Staiti is a big body at 6'6 and is from Georgia...maybe she goes home?


PRballer



Joined: 18 Apr 2007
Posts: 1864



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/04/17 10:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:
Kaela Davis and Allisha Gray from South Carolina have declared for the WNBA draft



WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH ARE U SERIOUS ! Sources links ? i thought they had til yesterday to declare ...i DID NOT expect this but i am not suprised . They got there Nati i dont see why else they would want to stay in SC .


Not at all surprised at Davis, who could be the #2 choice for Chicago.

A bit more surprised by Gray since she is close to Wilson and seemed like she loved South Carolina - but next year she's like 7-10 in draft order and this year she would be Top 5 or higher.

They accomplished their goals at South Carolina and if they are 22 and ready for a higher spot in a weaker draft, I can't blame them. Just surprised by Gray.


summertime blues



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 4273
Location: Shenandoah Valley


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/04/17 10:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
National FOY Destiny Slocum transferring from Maryland

http://www.swishappeal.com/2017/4/4/15118796/maryland-destiny-slocum-transferring-ncaaw

Quote:
We would like to thank Destiny and her family for their contributions to Maryland this year. I truly enjoyed coaching Destiny, and her energy she brought every day. I had many long conversations with her over the season, and we spent a lot of time together. Our staff is proud of the commitment we put into Destiny’s development and all the accomplishments she achieved this season. We wish her continued success as she moves forward.


Holy shamoley! That's yet ANOTHER star freshman transferring away from Brenda. Does she ever even wonder WHY?



_________________
Don't take life so serious. It ain't nohows permanent.
It takes 3 years to build a team and 7 to build a program.
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 4291
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/04/17 11:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
pilight wrote:
National FOY Destiny Slocum transferring from Maryland

http://www.swishappeal.com/2017/4/4/15118796/maryland-destiny-slocum-transferring-ncaaw

Quote:
We would like to thank Destiny and her family for their contributions to Maryland this year. I truly enjoyed coaching Destiny, and her energy she brought every day. I had many long conversations with her over the season, and we spent a lot of time together. Our staff is proud of the commitment we put into Destiny’s development and all the accomplishments she achieved this season. We wish her continued success as she moves forward.


Holy shamoley! That's yet ANOTHER star freshman transferring away from Brenda. Does she ever even wonder WHY?


Everyone seems to use the excuse of " Homesick/Closer to Family" remeber Lexie Used that Last year and now Gillespie & Slocum Using the same excuse this year. something is not right at UMD . Not right i tell ya



_________________
2-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-2-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
LitePal



Joined: 08 Sep 2005
Posts: 385



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/04/17 11:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UCLA does not have an opening as they signed Texas Tech transfer pg Japrece Dean earlier in the year. Ironic because Slocum said to have a great relationship with both Close and especially Shannon Perry.


scfastpitch



Joined: 21 Dec 2009
Posts: 534



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/04/17 12:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PRballer wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:
Kaela Davis and Allisha Gray from South Carolina have declared for the WNBA draft



WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH ARE U SERIOUS ! Sources links ? i thought they had til yesterday to declare ...i DID NOT expect this but i am not suprised . They got there Nati i dont see why else they would want to stay in SC .


Not at all surprised at Davis, who could be the #2 choice for Chicago.

A bit more surprised by Gray since she is close to Wilson and seemed like she loved South Carolina - but next year she's like 7-10 in draft order and this year she would be Top 5 or higher.

They accomplished their goals at South Carolina and if they are 22 and ready for a higher spot in a weaker draft, I can't blame them. Just surprised by Gray.


Allisha Gray instagram farewell :

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSeGl4qgny_/


ArtBest23



Joined: 02 Jul 2013
Posts: 12084



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/04/17 12:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PRballer wrote:


Hmm. I'm guessing somewhere else since the cupboard is relatively bare (McDonald and Romeo need bigs) in Seattle now


Maybe that's what Slocum wants so she can be the next Plum and have a 24/7 green light to shoot.

If it wasn't for the sanctions threat, she should go to UNC. Perfect fit.


ArtBest23



Joined: 02 Jul 2013
Posts: 12084



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/04/17 12:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

With these three transfers plus Jones and Walker-Kimbrough departures, even as weak as the Big10 is, Maryland now looks like another middle of the pack team.

Ohio St has to be the overwhelming favorite. McGuff probably broke out the champagne.


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 45019



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/04/17 1:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PRballer wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
PRballer wrote:
Scratching my head thinking about how special Washington could have been this year had she kept her commitment to the left coast Huskies.


So does she go back to Washington regardless who the coach is or does she go to Arkansas with Neighbors or somewhere else?


Hmm. I'm guessing somewhere else since the cupboard is relatively bare (McDonald and Romeo need bigs) in Seattle now and Neighbors is gone - unless she absolutely loved the school. Barnes as a former WNBA player could have been the lead recruiter when she was on staff so who knows what her relationships were like?

I read about homesickness in the Washington Post, so wonder if Oregon State could be a destination? Her and Pivec would be a hell of a backcourt in Corvallis with some nice shooters/wings in Tudor and McWilliams ready to go, not to mention the size Rueck has coming in wiht 6'8 and 6'9 kids. I don't think she would go to Oregon, Cal or USC, though Cal could use her.

UCLA has an open point guard spot ready to go after Canada graduates.

Perhaps she developed a relationship with Adia Barnes and Arizona is the destination where she can build something - but guessing more likely an upper echelon Pac 12 school.

Fascinated to see where she and her fellow teammates end up. Staiti is a big body at 6'6 and is from Georgia...maybe she goes home?


If she's chasing a championship and wants to go back to the west coast, how about going to the young and talented team that beat Maryland in the Tourney, Oregon?



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Phil



Joined: 22 Oct 2011
Posts: 906



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/04/17 1:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As an aside, Maryland is representing the USA in the World University Games.

Looked like a solid team not long ago.

My guess is that even if they haven't technically transferred by August, it would be too weird to play on the team, so they are unlikely to be on the team.

If I am reading this correctly:
http://www.espn.com/high-school/girls-basketball/recruiting/school/_/id/120/class/2017

they have no incoming freshmen, but they did have 15, so they still have ten left.


zvyn3



Joined: 20 Jul 2013
Posts: 407
Location: Tennessee


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/04/17 1:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
With these three transfers plus Jones and Walker-Kimbrough departures, even as weak as the Big10 is, Maryland now looks like another middle of the pack team.

Ohio St has to be the overwhelming favorite. McGuff probably broke out the champagne.


With McGuff coaching, Ohio State will never be an overwhelming favorite.


Oldfandepot2



Joined: 05 Jul 2013
Posts: 889
Location: Northeast


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/04/17 1:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:
Kaela Davis and Allisha Gray from South Carolina have declared for the WNBA draft



WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH ARE U SERIOUS ! Sources links ? i thought they had til yesterday to declare ...i DID NOT expect this but i am not suprised . They got there Nati i dont see why else they would want to stay in SC .


http://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/19074783/south-carolina-kaela-davis-allisha-gray-enter-wnba-draft



_________________
Cave Canem!
We must listen to each other no matter how much it hurts. Bishop Desmond Tutu.


Last edited by Oldfandepot2 on 04/04/17 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 4291
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/04/17 1:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oldfandepot2 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:
Kaela Davis and Allisha Gray from South Carolina have declared for the WNBA draft



WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH ARE U SERIOUS ! Sources links ? i thought they had til yesterday to declare ...i DID NOT expect this but i am not suprised . They got there Nati i dont see why else they would want to stay in SC .


http://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/19074783/south-carolina-kaela-davis-allisha-gray-enter-wnba-draft


Thanks links were posted earlier



_________________
2-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-2-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Oldfandepot2



Joined: 05 Jul 2013
Posts: 889
Location: Northeast


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/04/17 2:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Regarding all the transfers and draft exits: Sic Glorium Transit.



_________________
Cave Canem!
We must listen to each other no matter how much it hurts. Bishop Desmond Tutu.
Oldfandepot2



Joined: 05 Jul 2013
Posts: 889
Location: Northeast


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/04/17 2:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Staiti from Georgia would be a good get for her immediate neighbor to the north.



_________________
Cave Canem!
We must listen to each other no matter how much it hurts. Bishop Desmond Tutu.
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 4291
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/04/17 2:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oldfandepot2 wrote:
Staiti from Georgia would be a good get for her immediate neighbor to the north.


Do they wear Orange & White !! Idea



_________________
2-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-2-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Oldfandepot2



Joined: 05 Jul 2013
Posts: 889
Location: Northeast


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/04/17 3:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Oldfandepot2 wrote:
Staiti from Georgia would be a good get for her immediate neighbor to the north.


Do they wear Orange & White !! Idea

I am color blind so what color do the gamecocks wear.


Rolling Eyes



_________________
Cave Canem!
We must listen to each other no matter how much it hurts. Bishop Desmond Tutu.
scfastpitch



Joined: 21 Dec 2009
Posts: 534



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/04/17 4:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oldfandepot2 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Oldfandepot2 wrote:
Staiti from Georgia would be a good get for her immediate neighbor to the north.


Do they wear Orange & White !! Idea

I am color blind so what color do the gamecocks wear.


Rolling Eyes


Gamecocks wear garnet & black . Clemson wears orange & white .


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 4291
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/04/17 4:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scfastpitch wrote:
Oldfandepot2 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Oldfandepot2 wrote:
Staiti from Georgia would be a good get for her immediate neighbor to the north.


Do they wear Orange & White !! Idea

I am color blind so what color do the gamecocks wear.


Rolling Eyes


Gamecocks wear garnet & black . Clemson wears orange & white .


I was more so on the Lady Vol Train lol But Clemson will do also Laughing



_________________
2-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-2-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Howee



Joined: 27 Nov 2009
Posts: 10733
Location: Oklahoma (in my heart)


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/04/17 6:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Kaela Davis and Allisha Gray from South Carolina have declared for the WNBA draft

I get that; I mean, what's left? They've got their degrees, and a championship. And Davis can avoid her long-time rival, Diamond in the Draft. They'd both be more valuable this year than next, imo.

Slocum, tho? DaYum. Rolling Eyes



_________________
Oklahoma: Go Sooners!

<--Maddie Manning, Sooner Extraordinaire
terpsforever



Joined: 17 Jul 2011
Posts: 1227



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/04/17 8:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I feel like MD is about to take a down turn. Lexie leaving 2 years ago really hurt us. Destiny was always a risk factor since she is so far from home. I just have this feeling we could be headed for some lean yrs. Brenda should have played better non conference teams. If you are a good player, you want to be in the big games not playing cream puffs always. Plus the big 10 is way down. Moving out of the ACC will hurt recruiting also.


summertime blues



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 4273
Location: Shenandoah Valley


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/04/17 9:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Brenda might need to see a shrink and find out why it is that her recruits are leaving her. Hint: I don't think it's just your schedule, honey.



_________________
Don't take life so serious. It ain't nohows permanent.
It takes 3 years to build a team and 7 to build a program.
lvf08



Joined: 11 Jun 2008
Posts: 580



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/05/17 11:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Ohio State announced that freshman forward Tori McCoy and freshman guard Kiara Lewis, both of whom started the latter half of the season, intend to transfer.


http://www.dispatch.com/sports/20170405/freshmen-mccoy-lewis-transferring-from-ohio-state-womens-basketball-team?start=2


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 4291
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/05/17 11:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lvf08 wrote:
Quote:
Ohio State announced that freshman forward Tori McCoy and freshman guard Kiara Lewis, both of whom started the latter half of the season, intend to transfer.


http://www.dispatch.com/sports/20170405/freshmen-mccoy-lewis-transferring-from-ohio-state-womens-basketball-team?start=2


WTF is going on !!!! These were 2 freshmen that actually played a part in effecting the make up of this team . This hurts especially The McCoy Transfer



_________________
2-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-2-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
purduefanatic



Joined: 10 Aug 2011
Posts: 2161
Location: Indiana


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/05/17 11:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

terpsforever wrote:
Moving out of the ACC will hurt recruiting also.


They had the #1 ranked recruiting class last year...while being a member of the Big Ten. So yeah, maybe it has hurt their recruiting. SMH...


purduefanatic



Joined: 10 Aug 2011
Posts: 2161
Location: Indiana


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/05/17 11:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
lvf08 wrote:
Quote:
Ohio State announced that freshman forward Tori McCoy and freshman guard Kiara Lewis, both of whom started the latter half of the season, intend to transfer.


http://www.dispatch.com/sports/20170405/freshmen-mccoy-lewis-transferring-from-ohio-state-womens-basketball-team?start=2


WTF is going on !!!! These were 2 freshmen that actually played a part in effecting the make up of this team . This hurts especially The McCoy Transfer


That is a really good question.


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 4291
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/05/17 11:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

purduefanatic wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
lvf08 wrote:
Quote:
Ohio State announced that freshman forward Tori McCoy and freshman guard Kiara Lewis, both of whom started the latter half of the season, intend to transfer.


http://www.dispatch.com/sports/20170405/freshmen-mccoy-lewis-transferring-from-ohio-state-womens-basketball-team?start=2


WTF is going on !!!! These were 2 freshmen that actually played a part in effecting the make up of this team . This hurts especially The McCoy Transfer


That is a really good question.


McGuff has to be Shitting bricks right now , He couldnt have seen this coming especially with not 1 Recruit coming in next year ? and kelsey wants a final 4 in columbus Tuh Arrow



_________________
2-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-2-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
zvyn3



Joined: 20 Jul 2013
Posts: 407
Location: Tennessee


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/05/17 12:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Terrible news for Ohio State. Ends any chance we had of getting past the Sweet Sixteen.


ArtBest23



Joined: 02 Jul 2013
Posts: 12084



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/05/17 1:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zvyn3 wrote:
Terrible news for Ohio State. Ends any chance we had of getting past the Sweet Sixteen.


Still have Mavunga and Hart in the middle. I think "ends any chance" is probably a bit exaggerated.


#Occasionalwnbafan



Joined: 01 Mar 2012
Posts: 1184



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/05/17 2:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cox or Dangerfield? who's next?
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 4291
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/05/17 3:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:
Cox or Dangerfield? who's next?


Joyner Holmes Transferring To Tennessee Very Happy



_________________
2-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-2-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
CamrnCrz1974



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 16696
Location: Phoenix


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/05/17 4:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Still no word on Gondrezick situation:

Quote:
Speaking of recruits, Barnes Arico’s biggest accomplishment on the recruiting trail last year was Benton Harbor, Mich. guard Kysre Gondrezick, who scored 72 points in a high-school playoff game in 2016. She lived up to her billing this season, averaging 14.9 points and 3.6 rebounds and a spot on the Big Ten All-Freshman Team.

But prior to the Wolverines’ third-round WNIT game against St. John’s, they announced that Gondrezick was taking an indefinite leave of absence for “personal reasons.” Michigan has remained mum as to why Gondrezick has been absent, and the Wolverines have not released any information on when — or if — she will return.


https://www.michigandaily.com/section/womens-basketball/notebook-already-busy-season-wolverines


zvyn3



Joined: 20 Jul 2013
Posts: 407
Location: Tennessee


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/05/17 5:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
zvyn3 wrote:
Terrible news for Ohio State. Ends any chance we had of getting past the Sweet Sixteen.


Still have Mavunga and Hart in the middle. I think "ends any chance" is probably a bit exaggerated.


I don't. They're adding no one and losing 3 key players.


tfan



Joined: 31 May 2010
Posts: 5625



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/05/17 6:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
pilight wrote:
National FOY Destiny Slocum transferring from Maryland

http://www.swishappeal.com/2017/4/4/15118796/maryland-destiny-slocum-transferring-ncaaw

Quote:
We would like to thank Destiny and her family for their contributions to Maryland this year. I truly enjoyed coaching Destiny, and her energy she brought every day. I had many long conversations with her over the season, and we spent a lot of time together. Our staff is proud of the commitment we put into Destiny’s development and all the accomplishments she achieved this season. We wish her continued success as she moves forward.


Holy shamoley! That's yet ANOTHER star freshman transferring away from Brenda. Does she ever even wonder WHY?


Everyone seems to use the excuse of " Homesick/Closer to Family" remeber Lexie Used that Last year and now Gillespie & Slocum Using the same excuse this year. something is not right at UMD . Not right i tell ya



Destiny Slocum: Maryland 'wasn't the right fit'


summertime blues



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 4273
Location: Shenandoah Valley


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/05/17 6:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
pilight wrote:
National FOY Destiny Slocum transferring from Maryland

http://www.swishappeal.com/2017/4/4/15118796/maryland-destiny-slocum-transferring-ncaaw

Quote:
We would like to thank Destiny and her family for their contributions to Maryland this year. I truly enjoyed coaching Destiny, and her energy she brought every day. I had many long conversations with her over the season, and we spent a lot of time together. Our staff is proud of the commitment we put into Destiny’s development and all the accomplishments she achieved this season. We wish her continued success as she moves forward.


Holy shamoley! That's yet ANOTHER star freshman transferring away from Brenda. Does she ever even wonder WHY?


Everyone seems to use the excuse of " Homesick/Closer to Family" remeber Lexie Used that Last year and now Gillespie & Slocum Using the same excuse this year. something is not right at UMD . Not right i tell ya



Destiny Slocum: Maryland 'wasn't the right fit'


Yeah, I saw the earlier and remarked on it on another board. Makes me wonder if she ends up at Arkansas with Mike Neighbors, or at Oregon State, or somewhere else entirely.



_________________
Don't take life so serious. It ain't nohows permanent.
It takes 3 years to build a team and 7 to build a program.
summertime blues



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 4273
Location: Shenandoah Valley


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/05/17 6:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Indiana RS sophomore Tia Elbert will forgo her final two seasons of eligibility and graduate early.

Purdue's 6'5 junior C Bree Horrocks will graduate and transfer.



_________________
Don't take life so serious. It ain't nohows permanent.
It takes 3 years to build a team and 7 to build a program.
NoDakSt



Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Posts: 3482
Location: Attilan


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/05/17 7:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's like suddenly all these kids realized,....."OMG the BIG sucks!!"



_________________
Free your mind and your ass will follow.
myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 20884



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/05/17 7:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think it's more like a waterfall effect - they see so many others doing it that now it seems normal, so "I'm not totally happy here/not getting enough playing time/don't feel comfortable with some teammates/the coach isn't what she (he) promised me, the style of play sucks, my team sucks, etc... so I'll transfer someplace else." I think it works out well for some of them and others find that the problem/unhappiness was probably themselves and will follow them wherever they go.



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 2 of 14

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin