RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2017 Attrition, Transfer, and Injury Report
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 25, 26, 27  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bucks4now

PostPosted: 04/04/17 7:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Double wow...

mzonefan

PostPosted: 04/04/17 8:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Official release:

http://www.umterps.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=29700&ATCLID=211546991

Maryland Athletics 4-4-2017

COLLEGE PARK, Md. – University of Maryland women’s basketball head coach Brenda Frese announced Tuesday that Destiny Slocum, Kiah Gillespie and Jenna Staiti have been granted permission to transfer.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/04/17 8:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mzonefan wrote:
Official release:

COLLEGE PARK, Md. – University of Maryland women’s basketball head coach Brenda Frese announced Tuesday that Destiny Slocum, Kiah Gillespie and Jenna Staiti have been granted permission to transfer.

THIS IS JUST CRAZY . THESE TRANSFERS YEAR AFTER YEAR ARE BECOMING MORE OBSURD . 2nd time in 5 Years the NFOY has decided to transfer . 2nd year in a row a MD PG has decided to transfer out . I loved Slocum in a terp uni . Wonder who was all apart of her final recruiting choices .

PostPosted: 04/04/17 8:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mzonefan wrote:
Official release:

Old article but could hold some insight to where or what slocum just might be thinking. She didnt seem confident before deciding to join Washington the reopening her recruitment to join maryland afterwards . Hopefully back to the Pac 12 for slocum !

http://www.espn.com/espnw/news-commentary/article/12746753/not-even-mother-nature-keep-destiny-slocum-away-basket

PostPosted: 04/04/17 9:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Scratching my head thinking about how special Washington could have been this year had she kept her commitment to the left coast Huskies.

pilight

PostPosted: 04/04/17 9:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kaela Davis and Allisha Gray from South Carolina have declared for the WNBA draft

PostPosted: 04/04/17 9:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
mzonefan wrote:
Official release:

Old article but could hold some insight to where or what slocum just might be thinking. She didnt seem confident before deciding to join Washington the reopening her recruitment to join maryland afterwards . Hopefully back to the Pac 12 for slocum !

http://www.espn.com/espnw/news-commentary/article/12746753/not-even-mother-nature-keep-destiny-slocum-away-basket

Quote:
"She had upper-body strength that was very unusual for a girl her age," Skogrand said. "She was strong enough to penetrate and then whip that ball out to the 3-point shooters."

Apparently still does!! I still can't get over that 70 footer!!!! And neither can my shoulders!!!!! Wink

Quote:
She recently had her photo taken while lying on the grass, embracing a basketball. She jokes that "Nike" is her boyfriend.

Um, she does know that Nike is a goddess, right? Wink

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 04/04/17 9:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PRballer wrote:
Scratching my head thinking about how special Washington could have been this year had she kept her commitment to the left coast Huskies.

So does she go back to Washington regardless who the coach is or does she go to Arkansas with Neighbors or somewhere else?

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/04/17 9:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Kaela Davis and Allisha Gray from South Carolina have declared for the WNBA draft

WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH ARE U SERIOUS ! Sources links ? i thought they had til yesterday to declare ...i DID NOT expect this but i am not suprised . They got there Nati i dont see why else they would want to stay in SC .

PostPosted: 04/04/17 9:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:

WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH ARE U SERIOUS ! Sources links ? i thought they had til yesterday to declare ...i DID NOT expect this but i am not suprised . They got there Nati i dont see why else they would want to stay in SC .

http://www.muskokaregion.com/sports-story/7224912-ap-source-south-carolina-s-davis-gray-enter-wnba-draft/

Quote:
Two people familiar with the situation say South Carolina's Kaela Davis and Allisha Gray have decided to enter the WNBA draft

PostPosted: 04/04/17 9:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:

http://www.muskokaregion.com/sports-story/7224912-ap-source-south-carolina-s-davis-gray-enter-wnba-draft/

Quote:
Two people familiar with the situation say South Carolina's Kaela Davis and Allisha Gray have decided to enter the WNBA draft

This is awesome pilight ! Sad for the gamecocks who wont be up to par to defend there nati . Miss St & Tenn looking like the favorites in the SEC next year. Does Dawn have any good recruits coming in this year ? She had to be prepared for this . Maybe Slocum to SC ? Transfers seem to be a great route lol

PostPosted: 04/04/17 10:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Also Kiah Gillespie and Jenna Staiti (MD)

[edit] Oops, sorry, I even did a search, but missed it was already reported

PRballer

PostPosted: 04/04/17 10:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
PRballer wrote:

So does she go back to Washington regardless who the coach is or does she go to Arkansas with Neighbors or somewhere else?

Hmm. I'm guessing somewhere else since the cupboard is relatively bare (McDonald and Romeo need bigs) in Seattle now and Neighbors is gone - unless she absolutely loved the school. Barnes as a former WNBA player could have been the lead recruiter when she was on staff so who knows what her relationships were like?

I read about homesickness in the Washington Post, so wonder if Oregon State could be a destination? Her and Pivec would be a hell of a backcourt in Corvallis with some nice shooters/wings in Tudor and McWilliams ready to go, not to mention the size Rueck has coming in wiht 6'8 and 6'9 kids. I don't think she would go to Oregon, Cal or USC, though Cal could use her.

UCLA has an open point guard spot ready to go after Canada graduates.

Perhaps she developed a relationship with Adia Barnes and Arizona is the destination where she can build something - but guessing more likely an upper echelon Pac 12 school.

Fascinated to see where she and her fellow teammates end up. Staiti is a big body at 6'6 and is from Georgia...maybe she goes home?

PRballer

PostPosted: 04/04/17 10:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:

Not at all surprised at Davis, who could be the #2 choice for Chicago.

A bit more surprised by Gray since she is close to Wilson and seemed like she loved South Carolina - but next year she's like 7-10 in draft order and this year she would be Top 5 or higher.

They accomplished their goals at South Carolina and if they are 22 and ready for a higher spot in a weaker draft, I can't blame them. Just surprised by Gray.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 04/04/17 10:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
National FOY Destiny Slocum transferring from Maryland

http://www.swishappeal.com/2017/4/4/15118796/maryland-destiny-slocum-transferring-ncaaw

Quote:
We would like to thank Destiny and her family for their contributions to Maryland this year. I truly enjoyed coaching Destiny, and her energy she brought every day. I had many long conversations with her over the season, and we spent a lot of time together. Our staff is proud of the commitment we put into Destiny’s development and all the accomplishments she achieved this season. We wish her continued success as she moves forward.

Holy shamoley! That's yet ANOTHER star freshman transferring away from Brenda. Does she ever even wonder WHY?

PostPosted: 04/04/17 11:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
pilight wrote:
National FOY Destiny Slocum transferring from Maryland

http://www.swishappeal.com/2017/4/4/15118796/maryland-destiny-slocum-transferring-ncaaw

Quote:
We would like to thank Destiny and her family for their contributions to Maryland this year. I truly enjoyed coaching Destiny, and her energy she brought every day. I had many long conversations with her over the season, and we spent a lot of time together. Our staff is proud of the commitment we put into Destiny’s development and all the accomplishments she achieved this season. We wish her continued success as she moves forward.

Holy shamoley! That's yet ANOTHER star freshman transferring away from Brenda. Does she ever even wonder WHY?

Everyone seems to use the excuse of " Homesick/Closer to Family" remeber Lexie Used that Last year and now Gillespie & Slocum Using the same excuse this year. something is not right at UMD . Not right i tell ya

PostPosted: 04/04/17 11:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UCLA does not have an opening as they signed Texas Tech transfer pg Japrece Dean earlier in the year. Ironic because Slocum said to have a great relationship with both Close and especially Shannon Perry.

scfastpitch

PostPosted: 04/04/17 12:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PRballer wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:

Not at all surprised at Davis, who could be the #2 choice for Chicago.

A bit more surprised by Gray since she is close to Wilson and seemed like she loved South Carolina - but next year she's like 7-10 in draft order and this year she would be Top 5 or higher.

They accomplished their goals at South Carolina and if they are 22 and ready for a higher spot in a weaker draft, I can't blame them. Just surprised by Gray.

Allisha Gray instagram farewell :

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSeGl4qgny_/

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 04/04/17 12:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PRballer wrote:

Hmm. I'm guessing somewhere else since the cupboard is relatively bare (McDonald and Romeo need bigs) in Seattle now

Maybe that's what Slocum wants so she can be the next Plum and have a 24/7 green light to shoot.

If it wasn't for the sanctions threat, she should go to UNC. Perfect fit.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 04/04/17 12:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

With these three transfers plus Jones and Walker-Kimbrough departures, even as weak as the Big10 is, Maryland now looks like another middle of the pack team.

Ohio St has to be the overwhelming favorite. McGuff probably broke out the champagne.

Shades

PostPosted: 04/04/17 1:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PRballer wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
PRballer wrote:

Hmm. I'm guessing somewhere else since the cupboard is relatively bare (McDonald and Romeo need bigs) in Seattle now and Neighbors is gone - unless she absolutely loved the school. Barnes as a former WNBA player could have been the lead recruiter when she was on staff so who knows what her relationships were like?

I read about homesickness in the Washington Post, so wonder if Oregon State could be a destination? Her and Pivec would be a hell of a backcourt in Corvallis with some nice shooters/wings in Tudor and McWilliams ready to go, not to mention the size Rueck has coming in wiht 6'8 and 6'9 kids. I don't think she would go to Oregon, Cal or USC, though Cal could use her.

UCLA has an open point guard spot ready to go after Canada graduates.

Perhaps she developed a relationship with Adia Barnes and Arizona is the destination where she can build something - but guessing more likely an upper echelon Pac 12 school.

Fascinated to see where she and her fellow teammates end up. Staiti is a big body at 6'6 and is from Georgia...maybe she goes home?

If she's chasing a championship and wants to go back to the west coast, how about going to the young and talented team that beat Maryland in the Tourney, Oregon?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Phil

PostPosted: 04/04/17 1:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As an aside, Maryland is representing the USA in the World University Games.

Looked like a solid team not long ago.

My guess is that even if they haven't technically transferred by August, it would be too weird to play on the team, so they are unlikely to be on the team.

If I am reading this correctly:
http://www.espn.com/high-school/girls-basketball/recruiting/school/_/id/120/class/2017

they have no incoming freshmen, but they did have 15, so they still have ten left.

zvyn3

PostPosted: 04/04/17 1:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
With these three transfers plus Jones and Walker-Kimbrough departures, even as weak as the Big10 is, Maryland now looks like another middle of the pack team.

Ohio St has to be the overwhelming favorite. McGuff probably broke out the champagne.

With McGuff coaching, Ohio State will never be an overwhelming favorite.

Oldfandepot2

PostPosted: 04/04/17 1:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:

http://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/19074783/south-carolina-kaela-davis-allisha-gray-enter-wnba-draft

Last edited by Oldfandepot2 on 04/04/17 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/04/17 1:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oldfandepot2 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:

http://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/19074783/south-carolina-kaela-davis-allisha-gray-enter-wnba-draft

Thanks links were posted earlier

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 3 of 27

Jump to: