RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2017 Attrition, Transfer, and Injury Report
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25, 26, 27  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
summertime blues

PostPosted: 06/01/17 8:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Fighting Artichoke wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Rumor has it , Texas may be short a former McD AA on their roster this coming season. Further speculation I have seen is that one of the incoming class may not make it to Austin.

Just something to keep an eye on.

More specifically, Rellah Boothe is heading to a JUCO instead of Austin. But not yet confirmed.

Didnt want to say her name bc i heard it wasnt confirmed but that would be a big bummer. Her talents are undeniable but education is first and she has to get those grades immediately . Would be very sad if she had to take the juco route instead due to academics Embarassed

Some kids probably should do that, sadly. They neglect their grades in high school and then can't cope in college. It's more likely to be the guys than the girls, but sometimes it happens with the girls too. May get worse with the current administration.

PostPosted: 06/02/17 8:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

joetro wrote:
Jessica Sheppard to Notre Dame

Is this the sheppard from Nebraska ? If so this could be a great pick up Muffett !!

PostPosted: 06/02/17 9:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
joetro wrote:

Is this the sheppard from Nebraska ? If so this could be a great pick up Muffett !!

She is the transfer from Nebby.

ClayK

PostPosted: 06/02/17 10:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sheppard will be a big plus ...

Boothe has been an enigma throughout her career. When she feels like working hard and playing hard -- as she did in the MCDAA game -- she's a force. Too often, though, she just doesn't seem that interested.

PostPosted: 06/02/17 10:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Sheppard will be a big plus ...

Boothe has been an enigma throughout her career. When she feels like working hard and playing hard -- as she did in the MCDAA game -- she's a force. Too often, though, she just doesn't seem that interested.

Not saying it's too similar of circumstances. But she could be the next Krytal Forthan. Anyone remember her?!

CBiebel

PostPosted: 06/02/17 11:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
joetro wrote:

Yes, definitely someone is a position that ND needs badly. We just have to get through next year without much of a post presence (I'm not betting on Turner being ready and McGraw has suggested that she's rather have Turner at 100% and out for a year than have her play part of a year or at less than 100%).

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/05/17 9:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

the word on Te'a cooper could be headed to South Carolina Embarassed . More information seems to have spilled out after the word got out about her posing in a Gamecock hoodie with the other gamecock players on social media. Supposedly she got the boot for having a planned fist fight with another player on the team which has been named (Jamie) . You guys can figure out the rest

PostPosted: 06/05/17 9:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
the word on Te'a cooper could be headed to South Carolina Embarassed . More information seems to have spilled out after the word got out about her posing in a Gamecock hoodie with the other gamecock players on social media. Supposedly she got the boot for having a planned fist fight with another player on the team which has been named (Jamie) . You guys can figure out the rest

The first rule of Fight Club.......

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 06/05/17 11:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The second rule would be not to record it on video.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/05/17 11:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
The second rule would be not to record it on video.

Lol kids these days. Forget the fact that these kids actually have a national following Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 06/05/17 12:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Julia Chandler, a F at Syracuse with two years of eligibility left reported to be transferring to Dayton.

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 06/05/17 2:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

3rd rule never talk about fight club BUT when will we see it Cool

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/05/17 2:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

3rd rule never talk about fight club BUT when will we see it Cool

4th Rule , #IssaGamecock..Tea' officially signs with USC Embarassed

https://twitter.com/TeaCooper2/status/871805925648150528

PostPosted: 06/05/17 3:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lots of transfers between SEC schools

SO Aaliyah WIlson from Arkansas to A&M
So Rakell Spencer from A&M to LSU
and now Cooper

Durantula

PostPosted: 06/05/17 3:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

Is it irresponsible for Tennessee to just say she is transferring, as if she is leaving on good terms/eligibility when it sounds like she was kicked off the team? I ask because if she was kicked off a team for bad behavior, wouldn't it potentially give other schools some pause before deciding whether to bring her in? Now aren't they basically throwing the issue under the rug and letting whoever gets Cooper deal with whatever off the court issues she gets into?

I know one side will say Tennessee was nice to let Cooper just transfer without announcing her as kicked off the team but it seems like its not fully truthful.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 06/05/17 3:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I personally didn't see it, but that video was apparently viewed by many before it was taken down. I'd guess that Dawn and SC are aware of the fight. The talk on VN is that Cooper was dismissed from the university, not merely by CHW, so that disciplinary action may be noted on her transcript as well.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 06/05/17 4:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
I personally didn't see it, but that video was apparently viewed by many before it was taken down. I'd guess that Dawn and SC are aware of the fight. The talk on VN is that Cooper was dismissed from the university, not merely by CHW, so that disciplinary action may be noted on her transcript as well.

If it was a discipliary committee decision, I think the information isn't protected by student privacy policy although that may have changed lately. And if Holly didn't make the decision to let her go in lieu of the discipline committee decision then I think Holly is taking the legally astute position and saying it is a transfer.

If this is a Holly decision based on violation of "team rules" I still don't think she owes anyone any explanation other than it's a transfer situation.

linkster

PostPosted: 06/05/17 4:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Many employment hearings involving misconduct end with the employee being allowed to leave voluntarily prior to a finding in exchange for signing a waiver of their right to appeal.

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 06/05/17 5:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

She should have come to Duke. You can actually HAVE a fistfight with teammates, have it recorded on video AND still remain on the team. Any players who have a problem with that (actual fistfights at practices) and leave the team are then royally dissed by the coach.

NOTE: this directly relates to the "sweeping under the rug" thread titled "no problems at Duke." How much $$ did the AD pay to get THAT video out of circulation????

~rAf
FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 06/05/17 5:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This fight allegedly happened in a dorm room with other players encouraging it and videoing it, not during a shoving match at a practice session. Again, I didn't see the video, but the whole thing sounds disgraceful.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 06/05/17 6:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
This fight allegedly happened in a dorm room with other players encouraging it and videoing it, not during a shoving match at a practice session. Again, I didn't see the video, but the whole thing sounds disgraceful.

So this might just be the tip of the iceberg? I mean Cooper is gone but there was another person in the fight. Is that person gone too? Or maybe going through the process? And what about those instigating/encouraging it? And if Cooper is the only one gone but she's still lovey-dovey with some of the team, how tight is the team with the other person in the fight. Might be some lingering resentment.

It could be this was like a mutually agreed upon let's meet after school and settle this fight. Somehow, tho, I don't think so.

PhillyCat

PostPosted: 06/05/17 6:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I understand Cooper was effectively presented with 2 options: !) return to Tennessee after a one-year suspension from school; or 2) transfer out.

The university's decision was not based solely on the reported fight.

There's been some discussion about universities handling student-athlete disciplinary issues this way, i.e., not permanently dismissing the student-athlete from school/team but rather giving them the option of transferring. As long as the student-athlete is in good academic standing and transfers to another 4-year institution the program does not lose APR points. If the student athlete is dismissed, at least one APR point is lost (and possibly 2 if the student athlete is not in good academic standing). In other words, there's incentive for schools to handle disciplinary issues by encouraging the student to simply transfer out.

In the case of Cooper, no restrictions were placed on her transfer, not even other SEC schools, so that was surely the preferred outcome for the university. The Lady Vol fans will argue that the lack of any restriction was simply Holly taking the high road. Maybe, but I'm thinking the University wanted her gone and wanted her path out of Knoxville as easy as possible.

Last edited by PhillyCat on 06/05/17 7:01 pm; edited 3 times in total
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/05/17 6:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:

So this might just be the tip of the iceberg? I mean Cooper is gone but there was another person in the fight. Is that person gone too? Or maybe going through the process? And what about those instigating/encouraging it? And if Cooper is the only one gone but she's still lovey-dovey with some of the team, how tight is the team with the other person in the fight. Might be some lingering resentment.

It could be this was like a mutually agreed upon let's meet after school and settle this fight. Somehow, tho, I don't think so.

Jamie _____ Is still there Cool

Theres more to it than just this one fight. That is all

PostPosted: 06/05/17 7:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I do not know what Cooper has done or hasn't done but given the rumors, I leave this quote:

“We’re in a position where you don’t want to turn down a good player,” Staley said. “So if something comes up where we feel like it fits into our system and it fits into our culture, certainly we would entertain it.”

Read more here: http://www.thestate.com/sports/college/university-of-south-carolina/usc-womens-basketball/article154461859.html#storylink=cpy

I wonder if Staley is aware of these rumors, or if she just didn't care. One year suspension if she stayed at UT is no joke, that would mean something serious happened.

The SEC in recent years has also initiated "Serious Misconduct" rule aimed at prospective transfer students. http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/15931326/sec-expands-serious-misconduct-rule-transfer-students

I feel like Tennessee not making this known could be seen as undermining the intent of these types of rules. What Cooper did may not be seen as serious as what the football players did that led to this rule but throwing it under the rug given the SEC's recent legislation does not seem wise.

myrtle

PostPosted: 06/05/17 9:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Since she's already sat out a year with injury, how many playing years will she have left after sitting out another year for transfer? I'm assuming two?

- Amanda Gorman
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 19 of 27

Jump to: