RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2017 Attrition, Transfer, and Injury Report
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/13/17 11:06 pm    ::: 2017 Attrition, Transfer, and Injury Report Reply Reply with quote

Three players leaving New Mexico after Mike Bradbury's first year: junior G Jayda Bovero, freshman C Hannah Sjerven, and freshman F Brittany Panero. http://krqe.com/2017/03/13/three-players-leaving-lobo-womens-basketball-program/

PostPosted: 03/16/17 12:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Arkansas freshman G Aaliyah Wilson has asked for her release. No word yet on where she is going but she is from Muskogee, OK. Maybe closer to home?

PostPosted: 03/16/17 6:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
Arkansas freshman G Aaliyah Wilson has asked for her release. No word yet on where she is going but she is from Muskogee, OK. Maybe closer to home?

My guess is A big 12 school, Kansas.
summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/24/17 2:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sophomore F Brenna Wise, the teams leading scorer and rebounder the past 2 years, is transferring from Pitt.

PostPosted: 03/24/17 3:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
Sophomore F Brenna Wise, the teams leading scorer and rebounder the past 2 years, is transferring from Pitt.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/Pitt/2017/03/24/brenna-wise-transfer-pitt-panthers-suzie-mcconnell-serio/stories/201703240207

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 03/26/17 4:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TT Starks leaving Iowa State

http://cyclones.com/news/2017/3/26/womens-basketball-teetee-starks-to-transfer-from-iowa-state.aspx

A four year starter at Minnesota powerhouse Hopkins her Cyclone career was waylaid by injury. Wouldn't be surprised to see her in Maroon and Gold. It's Stolling nature to recollect Lady Slipper offshoots who return home.

Durantula

PostPosted: 03/26/17 7:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/Pitt/2017/03/24/brenna-wise-transfer-pitt-panthers-suzie-mcconnell-serio/stories/201703240207

I think McConnell-Serio is a good coach but recruiting and retention matters and that is hurting her, 2nd year in a row she loses a starter to transfer. She will return Yacine Diop from injuy which will help but she had the program at Duquesne playing very well when she was there. Losing these players at Pitt makes it so hard to try and rise up the rankings in the tough ACC.

Not sure about her contract status but I hope for her sake she got some years added after she made the NCAA Tournament. Since then its been rough for Pitt.

ClayK

PostPosted: 03/27/17 11:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And don't forget that McConnell-Serio forced the Minnesota Lynx to trade Katie Smith for Chandi Jones ...

PostPosted: 03/27/17 11:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Gondrezick on indefinite leave from U of M.

mzonefan

PostPosted: 03/27/17 12:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

joetro wrote:

I'm not sure if she's totally gone or not, but you've got to mess up pretty good to be dropped from a post-season tournament run.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/27/17 2:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jessica Shepard, sophomore F from Nebraska, plans to transfer. No destination as of yet, but Coach Amy Williams has granted her release and says she will assist her in the transfer process.
http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/womens-basketball/jessica-shepard-plans-to-transfer-from-nebraska/article_d00c2341-8972-5635-931d-d6fe9b82379b.html

PostPosted: 03/27/17 2:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
Jessica Shepard, sophomore F from Nebraska, plans to transfer. No destination as of yet, but Coach Amy Williams has granted her release and says she will assist her in the transfer process.
http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/womens-basketball/jessica-shepard-plans-to-transfer-from-nebraska/article_d00c2341-8972-5635-931d-d6fe9b82379b.html

Goodness, please don't transfer to UConn.

Selfishly hoping for a Pac 12 school and contender.

#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 03/27/17 2:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PRballer wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

Cal could use her... tho they could use a number of things.
summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/27/17 2:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She's a Nebraska native, I wouldn't be surprised if she stays in the midwest...maybe KSU?

PostPosted: 03/27/17 3:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Brittany Allen is transferring from Radford to Hawaii Pacific to continue her basketball career. She's a 5'7 RS sophomore G.

PostPosted: 03/27/17 7:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
She's a Nebraska native, I wouldn't be surprised if she stays in the midwest...maybe KSU?

Speculation on HuskerHoopsCentral that Sheperd is one of the primary movers in pushing York out.

Howee

PostPosted: 03/27/17 8:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PRballer wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

LOL, I doubt that....she's not THAT good, imo. A bit overrated. Kinda sad to see what NE has digressed to.

PostPosted: 03/27/17 9:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

joetro wrote:

Discussion that she will transfer out or Ann Arbor. Her sister is in East lansing.

ucbart

PostPosted: 03/28/17 6:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PRballer wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

The minute I saw her transfer notification, I immediately thought of what Geno could make her. I think she is a great talent. With that being said, I don't think she would come all the way to UCONN.

mzonefan

PostPosted: 03/28/17 9:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
joetro wrote:

Discussion that she will transfer out or Ann Arbor. Her sister is in East lansing.

I'm sure if it happens, it'll look like her decision. If it does happen, doubt that it was.

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 03/28/17 12:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
joetro wrote:

Are there penalties to transferring to another B1G school?

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 03/28/17 12:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
PRballer wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

LOL, I doubt that....she's not THAT good, imo. A bit overrated. Kinda sad to see what NE has digressed to.

Overrated? Have you seen her play much? (I haven't seen her much because I don't get the BTN.) She was certainly rated very highly coming out of HS: 3rd overall by Hoopgurlz and Blue Star and 4th by Prospects Nation. But maybe she hasn't looked good because she has no one else on her team to help her. Bigs require someone to get them the ball in the right spot at the right time. I would love it if Notre Dame went after her.

You think she's not good enough for UConn? UConn went after bigs Natalie Butler and Batouly Camara via the transfer route. Do you think that Shepard is not as good as either of those two players?

Shades

PostPosted: 03/28/17 2:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jessica Shepard is overrated similar to Merle Streep being overrated. She was bit of a beast her freshman year, and stayed on the sinking ship for her sophomore year. I think Romeo had a lot more fun than Shepard this year.

Hey, what about Shepard reuniting with Romeo in Washington? If Washington already has a good replacement set up for Osahor, never mind then. I'm not sure Romeo and Shepard were on the same page as far as Connie Yori goes. Romeo was a Yori supporter and it looks like maybe Shepard wasn't since she decided to stay... but maybe wanted to stay home.

Shepard? We'll take her at Minnesota, for sure. She's not my favorite... tends to be on the chippy side when frustrated, and she had plenty of frustration last season. But she could definitely help a club win.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Durantula

PostPosted: 03/28/17 5:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Boston College's leading scorer and rebounder is transferring. Mariella Fasoula from Greece. http://bcheights.com/2017/03/28/mariella-fasoula-transfer-boston-college-womens-basketball/

BC might be on the hotseat next year, its a private school so no idea on the contract length but its a tough job made even tougher when your best player leaves.

Fasoula is sort of like Shepard to me, big bodied posts, not very athletic. Shepard can shoot the three while Fasoula is crafty with her post moves. I might prefer Fasoula if I was recruiting both but it could be close.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 03/28/17 7:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Jessica Shepard is overrated similar to Merle Streep being overrated. She was bit of a beast her freshman year, and stayed on the sinking ship for her sophomore year. I think Romeo had a lot more fun than Shepard this year.

Hey, what about Shepard reuniting with Romeo in Washington? If Washington already has a good replacement set up for Osahor, never mind then. I'm not sure Romeo and Shepard were on the same page as far as Connie Yori goes. Romeo was a Yori supporter and it looks like maybe Shepard wasn't since she decided to stay... but maybe wanted to stay home.

Shepard? We'll take her at Minnesota, for sure. She's not my favorite... tends to be on the chippy side when frustrated, and she had plenty of frustration last season. But she could definitely help a club win.

I don't think Romeo and Shepherd could be in the same room together let alone the same team.

Minnesota. I'd be surprised if she'd exchange one sinking ship for another.
Word is that she had been shopping for her next team during the season. If she goes to The Gophers it would be because she found out she's not the hotshot she thought she'd was.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 1 of 27

Jump to: