RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

The REAL bracket
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ArtBest23



Joined: 02 Jul 2013
Posts: 12101



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/13/17 6:14 pm    ::: The REAL bracket Reply Reply with quote

So Maryland ends up a three seed to Duke's two.

In Bridgeport no less.

Sorry Brenda, your inflated record and polls don't matter to the Committee. You didn't beat anybody. Stop whining and go sign up some real competition for next fall.


pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 55132
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/13/17 6:16 pm    ::: Re: The REAL bracket Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Sorry Brenda, your inflated record and polls don't matter to the Committee. You didn't beat anybody. Stop whining and go sign up some real competition for next fall.


Yeah, she's all talking about controlling what you can control. Well, Brenda, you can control who you schedule...



_________________
Come love come, the road lies low
The way is long and hard I know
ArtBest23



Joined: 02 Jul 2013
Posts: 12101



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/13/17 6:17 pm    ::: Re: The REAL bracket Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
Sorry Brenda, your inflated record and polls don't matter to the Committee. You didn't beat anybody. Stop whining and go sign up some real competition for next fall.


Yeah, she's all talking about controlling what you can control. Well, Brenda, you can control who you schedule...


I was thinking the same thing when she whined that. There's nothing more within her control than that.


myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 20889



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/13/17 6:18 pm    ::: Re: The REAL bracket Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
Sorry Brenda, your inflated record and polls don't matter to the Committee. You didn't beat anybody. Stop whining and go sign up some real competition for next fall.


Yeah, she's all talking about controlling what you can control. Well, Brenda, you can control who you schedule...


It'll be interesting to see how they schedule next year...



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 20889



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/13/17 6:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sorry UCLA. But I'm excited we ain't there. Now if we just avoid the trip to Tenn. I will be happy.



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
ArtBest23



Joined: 02 Jul 2013
Posts: 12101



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/13/17 6:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And SCar will be complaining again, gets shipped 2500 miles west.


Durantula



Joined: 30 Mar 2013
Posts: 4506



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/13/17 6:21 pm    ::: Re: The REAL bracket Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
pilight wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
Sorry Brenda, your inflated record and polls don't matter to the Committee. You didn't beat anybody. Stop whining and go sign up some real competition for next fall.


Yeah, she's all talking about controlling what you can control. Well, Brenda, you can control who you schedule...


It'll be interesting to see how they schedule next year...


The irony is they lose two all americans this year, so if there was a year to schedule up, it was this year, and down, it would be next year.

A lot of story lines in this region. Coach P's daughter plays for Elon, and you have Duke and Elon in the same region. Duke and Maryland could play, Duke's Lexie Brown played at Maryland.

Maryland as a 3 surprised me but the challenge is how do you penalize one team for their schedule but not punish a higher seed. If Duke and Maryland played on a neutral floor, my guess is Maryland would be favored by the Sagarin's of the world. Not exactly a fun reward for a 2 seed to be an underdog in the sweet 16.


Durantula



Joined: 30 Mar 2013
Posts: 4506



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/13/17 6:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Also why do I feel like UCLA, Maryland, Duke, and A&M have all been paired in UConn's bracket recently? I could be off there.

Oregon State vs. South Carolina could be fascinating. Love how Oregon State defends but could they keep Wilson and Coates off the glass?

I think Mizzou could potentially knock of FSU. Their defense is tough


ArtBest23



Joined: 02 Jul 2013
Posts: 12101



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/13/17 6:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lot of Midwestern and Florida teams in Stockton.


myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 20889



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/13/17 6:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
And SCar will be complaining again, gets shipped 2500 miles west.


well their bracket is way 'easier' than UConn's so pretty hard to complain.



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
Durantula



Joined: 30 Mar 2013
Posts: 4506



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/13/17 6:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Does South Carolina have a better path to the Final 4 than UConn? Sure seems like it.




Last edited by Durantula on 03/13/17 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
lynxmania



Joined: 18 Feb 2011
Posts: 8005
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/13/17 6:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Sorry UCLA. But I'm excited we ain't there. Now if we just avoid the trip to Tenn. I will be happy.


Getting nervous that you will being Knoxville yet? Laughing


ArtBest23



Joined: 02 Jul 2013
Posts: 12101



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/13/17 6:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For once it looks to me like UConn does not have the easiest bracket. SCar's looks pretty manageable to me.


purduefanatic



Joined: 10 Aug 2011
Posts: 2163
Location: Indiana


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/13/17 6:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

South Carolina shipped west yet again. Wow.

And Marquette a 5 seed??? Holy cow.

If the seeds hold in the Stockton regional, Oregon State will be the only school in the Sweet 16 from a state not located on the Atlantic Ocean!


myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 20889



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/13/17 6:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Durantula wrote:


Oregon State vs. South Carolina could be fascinating. Love how Oregon State defends but could they keep Wilson and Coates off the glass?

I think Mizzou could potentially knock of FSU. Their defense is tough


Agree with both. It's also a better matchup for OrSU than the other #1's so in that regard I can see them being happy too.



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
Durantula



Joined: 30 Mar 2013
Posts: 4506



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/13/17 6:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UConn's region is over, let's now talk more about UConn with Jay Bilas and Seth Greenberg, who don't know about any other women's teams.


ArtBest23



Joined: 02 Jul 2013
Posts: 12101



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/13/17 6:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Looks like three of us had the very same thought. Obviously I'm the slowest typist on my tablet.


purduefanatic



Joined: 10 Aug 2011
Posts: 2163
Location: Indiana


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/13/17 6:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Durantula wrote:
UConn's region is over, let's now talk more about UConn with Jay Bilas and Seth Greenberg, who don't know about any other women's teams.


Thank goodness we had that group of men's basketball talking heads there to validate the women's game. Rolling Eyes


Durantula



Joined: 30 Mar 2013
Posts: 4506



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/13/17 6:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So Iowa State is in, which other bubble teams got in as at larges? Who is still waiting, Cal, Virginia come to mind. George Washington too.


lynxmania



Joined: 18 Feb 2011
Posts: 8005
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/13/17 6:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lol at them teasing us with where Tennessee will be going when they are going to be a low seed Laughing


patsweetpat



Joined: 14 Jul 2010
Posts: 1953
Location: Culver City, CA


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/13/17 6:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Durantula wrote:
Also why do I feel like UCLA, Maryland, Duke, and A&M have all been paired in UConn's bracket recently? I could be off there.


UCLA was placed in UConn's bracket last year as well.

As a Pac-12 fan, I'm glad that the Beavs got the Stockton draw. I think they earned that.


lynxmania



Joined: 18 Feb 2011
Posts: 8005
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/13/17 6:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Durantula wrote:
So Iowa State is in, which other bubble teams got in as at larges? Who is still waiting, Cal, Virginia come to mind. George Washington too.


Welp, Cal no longer waiting. #8 in Baylor's bracket


Durantula



Joined: 30 Mar 2013
Posts: 4506



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/13/17 6:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cal is in, another bubble team. Virginia, Michigan, George Washington, some other teams getting nervous.

Potential Tennessee Baylor rematch.


SpaceJunkie



Joined: 10 Sep 2012
Posts: 2829
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/13/17 6:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Durantula wrote:
Cal is in, another bubble team. Virginia, Michigan, George Washington, some other teams getting nervous.

Potential Tennessee Baylor rematch.


Dammit, I knew I should've kept California in my bracket prediction. lol


Durantula



Joined: 30 Mar 2013
Posts: 4506



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/13/17 6:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Creme had Cal out in his last bracket, so there's one wrong for him. His last 4 was Michigan, Iowa State, Auburn, and Virginia.


ArtBest23



Joined: 02 Jul 2013
Posts: 12101



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/13/17 6:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Baylor picked up two teams that can play well above their seed in Louisville and Tennessee.


cthskzfn



Joined: 21 Nov 2004
Posts: 8940
Location: In a world where a dbag like Trump isn't potus. If u were in my safe space, you'd be effed up


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/13/17 6:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ND shaping up to have another cakewalk.



_________________
Silly, stupid white people.
dinkytown



Joined: 18 Sep 2011
Posts: 2230



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/13/17 6:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow UNI? Congrats Panthers.


Durantula



Joined: 30 Mar 2013
Posts: 4506



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/13/17 6:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Potential Miss State - DePaul 2nd round game. Talk about a clash in styles. Run and gun, 3 point shooting team vs. a defensive first team that loves to go inside.


lynxmania



Joined: 18 Feb 2011
Posts: 8005
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/13/17 6:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Northern Iowa grabbing an at-large berth.


SpaceJunkie



Joined: 10 Sep 2012
Posts: 2829
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/13/17 6:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Durantula wrote:
Creme had Cal out in his last bracket, so there's one wrong for him. His last 4 was Michigan, Iowa State, Auburn, and Virginia.


Cal's wins over UCLA, Oregon, and Oklahoma make up for having a not great conference record, but the strength of the PAC-12 and having no bad non-conferences losses made up for that.




Last edited by SpaceJunkie on 03/13/17 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Durantula



Joined: 30 Mar 2013
Posts: 4506



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/13/17 6:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Northern Iowa looked really good in an OT loss in the championship game vs. Drake. Honestly I think they are probably just as good, if not better than some of these other bubble teams.


ArtBest23



Joined: 02 Jul 2013
Posts: 12101



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/13/17 6:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
ND shaping up to have another cakewalk.


Stanford, Texas, Ohio St, Kentucky will all be in Lexington. Hardly a cakewalk.


Durantula



Joined: 30 Mar 2013
Posts: 4506



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/13/17 6:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Gotta be rough for bubble team Iowa to not make it but see two in state bubble teams get in, ISU and NIU.


purduefanatic



Joined: 10 Aug 2011
Posts: 2163
Location: Indiana


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/13/17 6:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Man, Purdue may not be getting an at-large...interesting.


Durantula



Joined: 30 Mar 2013
Posts: 4506



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/13/17 6:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Creme had Northern Iowa in his NEXT FOUR out. Missed that one pretty badly


pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 55132
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/13/17 6:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
Durantula wrote:
Creme had Cal out in his last bracket, so there's one wrong for him. His last 4 was Michigan, Iowa State, Auburn, and Virginia.


Cal's wins over UCLA, Oregon, and Oklahoma make up for having a not great conference record, but the strength of the PAC-12 and having no bad non-conferences losses made up for that.


No team that's three games under .500 in conference should be in the tournament, IMO



_________________
Come love come, the road lies low
The way is long and hard I know
Durantula



Joined: 30 Mar 2013
Posts: 4506



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/13/17 6:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Who is left on the bubble? Purdue, Virginia, Michigan, Auburn, GW, Indiana? With Maryland getting a 3, I'd be surprised if OSU hosted. Big Ten not getting much love this year but to be honest it was down this year.


cthskzfn



Joined: 21 Nov 2004
Posts: 8940
Location: In a world where a dbag like Trump isn't potus. If u were in my safe space, you'd be effed up


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/13/17 6:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
ND shaping up to have another cakewalk.


Stanford, Texas, Ohio St, Kentucky will all be in Lexington. Hardly a cakewalk.


Stanford stinks. Texas can't get out of their own way, tOSU plays no defense, and Kentucky is low Top 25 team, hardly a threat.

Nice try though.



_________________
Silly, stupid white people.
SpaceJunkie



Joined: 10 Sep 2012
Posts: 2829
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/13/17 6:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
No team that's three games under .500 in conference should be in the tournament, IMO


I disagree. What conference you are in shouldn't have any bearing.




Last edited by SpaceJunkie on 03/13/17 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Durantula



Joined: 30 Mar 2013
Posts: 4506



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/13/17 6:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
Durantula wrote:
Creme had Cal out in his last bracket, so there's one wrong for him. His last 4 was Michigan, Iowa State, Auburn, and Virginia.


Cal's wins over UCLA, Oregon, and Oklahoma make up for having a not great conference record, but the strength of the PAC-12 and having no bad non-conferences losses made up for that.


No team that's three games under .500 in conference should be in the tournament, IMO


Hard and fast rule is tough because now conferences are so big that teams don't have the same schedule.


ArtBest23



Joined: 02 Jul 2013
Posts: 12101



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/13/17 6:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Looks like NCSt will be in Lexington and UVA won't make it.


Durantula



Joined: 30 Mar 2013
Posts: 4506



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/13/17 6:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just realized Chattanooga played Louisville in the regular season already. I hate seeing 1st round rematches, but oh well.


SpaceJunkie



Joined: 10 Sep 2012
Posts: 2829
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/13/17 6:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Durantula wrote:
Who is left on the bubble? Purdue, Virginia, Michigan, Auburn, GW, Indiana? With Maryland getting a 3, I'd be surprised if OSU hosted. Big Ten not getting much love this year but to be honest it was down this year.


Michigan might miss the tournament altogether. They have no great wins, unlike Purdue. Indiana and GW were never going to be in. We'll have to see on Virginia.


Durantula



Joined: 30 Mar 2013
Posts: 4506



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/13/17 6:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Purdue is in. Well deserved, they are on the upswing. Green Bay is a tough opponent though, tourney tested.


lynxmania



Joined: 18 Feb 2011
Posts: 8005
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/13/17 6:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A potential Green Bay/Notre Dame rematch in Round 2


ArtBest23



Joined: 02 Jul 2013
Posts: 12101



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/13/17 6:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
ND shaping up to have another cakewalk.


Stanford, Texas, Ohio St, Kentucky will all be in Lexington. Hardly a cakewalk.


Stanford stinks. Texas can't get out of their own way, tOSU plays no defense, and Kentucky is low Top 25 team, hardly a threat.

Nice try though.


Well Ohio St proved they're better than Maryland and ND just whipped Duke by 20, so UConn's 2&3 obviously are worse.




Last edited by ArtBest23 on 03/13/17 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Durantula



Joined: 30 Mar 2013
Posts: 4506



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/13/17 6:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Auburn is in. 17-14, they were bad to end the year too. First pick I do not agree with at all.


lynxmania



Joined: 18 Feb 2011
Posts: 8005
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/13/17 6:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Auburn being in Rolling Eyes


lynxmania



Joined: 18 Feb 2011
Posts: 8005
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/13/17 6:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle should be happy with Stanford being hosted by Kansas State.


Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin