RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Bracket Projections

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matt5762

PostPosted: 03/12/17 9:20 pm    ::: Bracket Projections Reply Reply with quote

For those of us who just can't wait 20 more hours, here's the annual thread for final bracket projections...

Charlie Creme/ESPN: http://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/bracketology

I notice he randomly reversed course on GW Embarassed

College Sports Madness: http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/womens-basketball/bracketology

Steve Bell/S-Factor: http://collegewomenshoops.blogspot.com/p/bracket-prediction.html

Here's mine:

A couple things stood out to me - the battles for the last #2 seed (who really wants it anyway Wink ), and the last couple at large bids. Both look like they could go a number of different ways depending on what the committee arbitrarily decides to emphasize.

Who else want to play this year?

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 03/12/17 9:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There is also this one:

http://realtimerpi.com/bracketology/bracketology_Women.html

The predictions are all over the place for Marquette - a 5, 7 and 8. I don't see the 5 happening (nor do I think they deserve a 5) but I certainly think they deserve at least a 7 - sure hope it's not an 8 or 9.

I am also surprised by the predictions for Marquette as a 7 going out to Oregon State - I thought the committee tried to avoid rematches from the season early o in the bracket if possible.

mikeyc22

PostPosted: 03/12/17 10:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah very interesting Creme randomly moved GWU as last team in to third team out.

Biggest storylines are who will host Stanford, and how they assign and place the 2/3 seeds, and who gets that last 4 seed to host.

Also interested to see how teams like Drake, Elon, Marquette and WVU get seeded

ksuwbbfan

PostPosted: 03/12/17 10:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The College Sports Madness bracket has Kansas State playing Iowa State. Can teams from the same conference play in the first round?

TechDawgMc

PostPosted: 03/12/17 11:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I would be really surprised if the NCAA puts Baylor anywhere but Oklahoma City. They have shown way too much interest in ticket sales for me to believe they send S. Carolina there and BU to Stockton.

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 03/13/17 12:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I always just ranked teams by seeds, but what the heck, here's my bracket—I hope I didn't violate any (or too many) rules in it. I have little confidence in my last two teams in and first two teams out.

ridor

PostPosted: 03/13/17 2:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The excitement for this year's tournament is pretty much stale. Fewer conversation participants than ever.

Matt5762

PostPosted: 03/13/17 10:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mike Carmin (JCOnline): http://www.jconline.com/story/sports/blogs/mike-carmin/2017/03/13/ncaa-womens-basketball-tournament-projections/99111976/

Pilight Field of 64: http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?t=90489

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 03/13/17 10:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ridor wrote:
The excitement for this year's tournament is pretty much stale. Fewer conversation participants than ever.

Oh, I don't know.

I'm just not obsessing about who's in and who's not.

I'll wait to see the actual brackets.

It seems there is nobody terribly interesting or controversial on the bubble this year, unless you happen to be a fan of one of those few teams on the edge. Similarly the expected #1 seeds are pretty non-controversial.

The bubble is so weak this year that if you don't squeeze in you have very little about which to complain. It reduces to "my undeserving team deserved it more than that other undeserving team".

I think there will be plenty of excitement once the matchups are set and the games begin.

And of course the committee could spark discussions with some outlandish seeds or selections.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 03/13/17 10:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TechDawgMc wrote:
I would be really surprised if the NCAA puts Baylor anywhere but Oklahoma City. They have shown way too much interest in ticket sales for me to believe they send S. Carolina there and BU to Stockton.

They could easily solve that by putting Texas as a 3 in that region with SCar as the 1.

Same thing they did last year sending SCar to Sioux Falls last year so they could leave Kentucky in Lexington.

Shades

PostPosted: 03/13/17 10:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
I always just ranked teams by seeds, but what the heck, here's my bracket—I hope I didn't violate any (or too many) rules in it. I have little confidence in my last two teams in and first two teams out.

I thought UConn was supposed to have the easiest path, and yet you tossed Maryland and Duke into that region. South Carolina looks to have the easiest path on your board.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
ucbart

PostPosted: 03/13/17 10:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
TechDawgMc wrote:

They could easily solve that by putting Texas as a 3 in that region with SCar as the 1.

Same thing they did last year sending SCar to Sioux Falls last year so they could leave Kentucky in Lexington.

I agree! If Baylor is the overall #4 seed, the NCAA has to put them in Stockton. They can't send South Carolina out to the furthest region again, especially if seeding on the S-curve puts them to be in OKC. Then again, does the committee match the same 1/2 seeds in consecutive years? Oregon State is going to Stockton as the #2 and they beat Baylor in the E8 last season.

So many moving parts.

ridor

PostPosted: 03/13/17 11:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And the weird thing is that I'm excited for MBB than WBB. LOL

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 03/13/17 12:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:

I thought UConn was supposed to have the easiest path, and yet you tossed Maryland and Duke into that region. South Carolina looks to have the easiest path on your board.

I have Duke as the worst #2 seed and Maryland as the top #3 seed, so they should theoretically be with UConn. Washington isn't my worst #4 seed, but I had to separate them from the other PAC-12 teams I have ahead of them. Smile

Stonington_QB

PostPosted: 03/13/17 12:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ridor wrote:
And the weird thing is that I'm excited for MBB than WBB. LOL

Naturally. Most of us participate in office pools so there is real money to be won. Also MBB has those wonderful bracket busting upsets.

Davis4632

PostPosted: 03/13/17 12:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

. I think that Miss St or Ore St will UConn's number two.

linkster

PostPosted: 03/13/17 1:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stanford, by not hosting has the Herculean task of flying east twice unless Tara decides to keep them away from classes for the better part of 2 weeks.

I can't see them surviving past the S16.

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/13/17 5:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:

The bubble is so weak this year that if you don't squeeze in you have very little about which to complain. It reduces to "my undeserving team deserved it more than that other undeserving team".

so true. I keep seeing teams 'in' and think 'how the heck is that team in?' then start looking at the 'out' teams and go 'oh, now I see'

- Amanda Gorman
bballgrl

PostPosted: 03/13/17 8:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
TechDawgMc wrote:

I agree! If Baylor is the overall #4 seed, the NCAA has to put them in Stockton. They can't send South Carolina out to the furthest region again, especially if seeding on the S-curve puts them to be in OKC. Then again, does the committee match the same 1/2 seeds in consecutive years? Oregon State is going to Stockton as the #2 and they beat Baylor in the E8 last season.

So many moving parts.

The committe should be ashamed of them selves. screwing SC again. They are the #3 #1 team and they send them miles away again. I just watched a clip of Dawn with the media on the SC site. She is very upset as well she should be. Hopefully they will be pissed enough to win their bracket.

bballgrl

PostPosted: 03/13/17 9:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TechDawgMc wrote:

You don't think SC fans would be there in droves. It is shamful what they did to SC again!

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 03/13/17 9:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballgrl wrote:
ucbart wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
TechDawgMc wrote:

So many moving parts.

The committe should be ashamed of them selves. screwing SC again. They are the #3 #1 team and they send them miles away again. I just watched a clip of Dawn with the media on the SC site. She is very upset as well she should be. Hopefully they will be pissed enough to win their bracket.

They more than made up for it by giving them the easiest region. She should be grateful.

Phil

PostPosted: 03/13/17 9:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
bballgrl wrote:
ucbart wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
TechDawgMc wrote:

So many moving parts.

They more than made up for it by giving them the easiest region. She should be grateful.

Agreed.

(I think she is pretending to be upset on behalf of her fans, but she knows.)

bcdawg04

PostPosted: 03/13/17 9:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
Stanford, by not hosting has the Herculean task of flying east twice unless Tara decides to keep them away from classes for the better part of 2 weeks.

I can't see them surviving past the S16.

Stanford knows it can be done.

RavenDog

PostPosted: 03/14/17 12:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
bballgrl wrote:
ucbart wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
TechDawgMc wrote:

So many moving parts.

+1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: