RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

3/7 Creme Bracketology

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 03/07/17 12:35 pm    ::: 3/7 Creme Bracketology Reply Reply with quote

Well, when yesterday I said Creme's 3/6 bracket must be pretty close to final but for filling in some auto qualifiers ( and waiting to see if Drake wins its conference or bumps a bubble team,) I never anticipated a Baylor loss last night. Apologies to WVU.

But anyhow, NOW the structure of Creme's projected bracket should be pretty well set.

And he has Stanford playing in Morgantown - one of the most inhospitable and difficult places for visiting teams in the country. What do you think, Myrtle? You're probably wishing for Knoxville about now. I know I would be. Cool

http://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/bracketology

CompSci87

PostPosted: 03/07/17 12:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Charlie has both Stanford and Oregon State as 2 seeds, but neither one gets the Stockton regional. That seems pretty unlikely.

ucbart

PostPosted: 03/07/17 12:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CompSci87 wrote:
Charlie has both Stanford and Oregon State as 2 seeds, but neither one gets the Stockton regional. That seems pretty unlikely.

I wish seeding was on a true S-curve. They like to pretend it is, but frankly, it just isn't. This is why I love the idea of the S16/E8 being in the same place.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 03/07/17 12:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CompSci87 wrote:

Don't know. It's a puzzle. There are four PAC, four ACC, and three SEC top 16 of various seeds and you need to distribute them among the four regions.

You can't just swap a couple. It has a ripple effect. He has UCLA as the PAC team in Stockton. I haven't tried shuffling teams around to see if they can be shifted around.

And while PAC fans would like one of their champions in Stockton, I'm not sure that's even a consideration for the committee.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 03/07/17 1:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The bottom half of the Lexington bracket would be a killer, but would be entertaining.

Syracuse, Washington, Tennessee and Maryland. Any of those teams could realistically make it to the regional final.

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/07/17 6:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CompSci87 wrote:

plus he has Baylor going to Stockton, not OKC. While that may work on the S-curve, I predict the committee will decide they really aren't the 4th #1, therefore send them to OKC. Wanna bet?

In answer to your question Art, no, I wouldn't want to go to Morgantown to play one of the hottest teams in the country. But in truth I don't think the Trees are very good, so unless everything goes just right for them, an upset is not all that unlikely wherever they are sent. Tara and co. will have a really good scout and gameplan, but the question is if the ladies can execute it on any particular night, and which team's shots are falling. Some days we can be very, very good. Matchups will be part of it too. I've seen T. Martin when she was shooting bricks so nothing is set in stone. I did like it better when the choices were possibly Crieghton or Temple. I also wouldn't be too surprised for Stanford to end up as a three seed, and perhaps that's more where they belong. [shrug] That would mean Missouri or KState as a possible host. I do think it's slightly more advantageous to not have to go all the way East but if we're slotted into Bridgeport it really doesn't matter that much.

- Amanda Gorman
myrtle

PostPosted: 03/07/17 6:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
CompSci87 wrote:

Don't know. It's a puzzle. There are four PAC, four ACC, and three SEC top 16 of various seeds and you need to distribute them among the four regions.

You can't just swap a couple. It has a ripple effect. He has UCLA as the PAC team in Stockton. I haven't tried shuffling teams around to see if they can be shifted around.

And while PAC fans would like one of their champions in Stockton, I'm not sure that's even a consideration for the committee.

When he moved Baylor to Stockton, he pretty much just swapped the whole bracket...which was a bit lazy and probably unlikely, but made it work. It is like a giant puzzle as you say with so many ACC, P12, and SEC teams hosting.

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/07/17 7:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ok, I took the challenge. It's really not that difficult to come up with at least one alternative, if you accept that Creme's seeds are correct. This took me about three minutes:

edit: and even to add it out to 8-9 seeds without anybody same conference playing same side of the bracket... (gee, I've made it simple for the committee. They can just copy and paste!) Laughing
UConn
2. Mary/B10
3. Wash/P12
4. Louis/ACC
5. Ok/B12
6. Syracuse/ACC
7. UTenn/SEC
8. Drake/MV
9. LSU/SEC

ND /ACC
2. Stanford/P12
3. Texas/B12
4. UK/SEC
5.tOSU/B10
6. TAMU/SEC
7. Marquette/BE
8. Temple/AAC
9. GB/Horizon

SC/SEC
2. OrSU/P12
3. FSU/ACC
4. DePaul/BE
5.NC State/ACC
6. Mizzou/SEC
7. WV/B12
8. Oregon/P12
9. MichSU/B10

Baylor/B12
2. MSU/SEC
3. Duke/ACC
4. UCLA/P12
5. Miami ACC
6. KSU/B12
7. ASU/P12
8. Creighton/BE
9. USF/AAC

- Amanda Gorman

Last edited by myrtle on 03/07/17 7:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
myrtle

PostPosted: 03/07/17 7:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

and another one. Of course you have to fit the others in as well but the top four seeds are the framework:

UConn
2. Stanford/P12
3. Duke/ACC
4. DePaul/BE

ND /ACC
2. MSU/SEC
3. Texas/B12
4. UCLA/P12

SC/SEC
2. Mary/B10
3. Wash/P12
4. Louis/ACC

Baylor/B12
2. OrSU/P12
3. FSU/ACC
4. UK/SEC

- Amanda Gorman
ksuwbbfan

PostPosted: 03/07/17 10:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yesterday he had Kansas State in a first round rematch from last season against GW. Today, it's a possible second round matchup against Leticia Romero and Florida State.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 03/08/17 2:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Do they still try to avoid rematches from the season early on in the tournament if possible? I was wondering that as Charlie Creme's latest bracketology has Marquette as a 7 going to Oregon State - these two teams played in November though.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: