RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Punched tickets

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Queenie



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 14712
Location: Queens


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/05/17 11:46 am    ::: Punched tickets Reply Reply with quote

I'm taking the liberty of keeping this sticky 'til Selection day, and will attempt to keep it up to date- but help is definitely welcomed.

A-10 - Dayton, 70-56
AAC - UConn, 100-44
ACC - Notre Dame, 84-61
America East - Albany, 66-50
Atlantic Sun - Florida Gulf Coast, 77-70
Big East - Marquette, 86-78
Big Sky - Montana State, 62-56
Big South - UNC Asheville, 49-48
Big Ten - Maryland, 74-64
Big West - Long Beach State, 56-55
Big XII - West Virginia, 77-66
CAA - Elon, 78-60
C-USA - Western Kentucky, 67-56
Horizon - Green Bay, 64-52
Ivy - Penn, 57-48
MAAC - Quinnipiac, 81-73
MAC - Toledo, 82-71
MEAC - Hampton, 52-49
Mountain West - Boise State, 66-53
MVC - Drake, 74-69
NEC - Robert Morris, 65-52
OVC - Belmont, 94-64
Pac-12 - Stanford, 48-43
Patriot - Bucknell, 79-71
SEC - South Carolina, 59-49
Southern - Chattanooga, 61-59
Southland - Central Arkansas, 60-35
Summit - Western Illinois, 77-69
Sun Belt - Troy, 78-64
SWAC - Texas Southern, 70-66
WAC - New Mexico State, 63-48
WCC - Gonzaga, 86-75



_________________
"Silence must be heard, noise should be observed
The time has come to learn, that silence...
SILENCE MUST BE HEARD..."


Last edited by Queenie on 03/14/17 10:56 am; edited 21 times in total
mzonefan



Joined: 15 Oct 2005
Posts: 2588
Location: Ann Arbor, MI


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/06/17 11:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Big Ten Maryland 74-64


myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 19037



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/06/17 7:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

quinnipiac in the MAAC. 81-73



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
mzonefan



Joined: 15 Oct 2005
Posts: 2588
Location: Ann Arbor, MI


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/07/17 2:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Horizon - Green Bay 64-52


lynxmania



Joined: 18 Feb 2011
Posts: 6833
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/07/17 4:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Summit League - Western Illinois 77-69 OT


Marquette Fan



Joined: 06 Mar 2005
Posts: 1868



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/08/17 2:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow - is it nice to see Marquette on this list Smile


myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 19037



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/08/17 7:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Strange to have the Ivy League waiting for a tournament this year.



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
dinkytown



Joined: 18 Sep 2011
Posts: 2082



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/10/17 5:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Boise State 66-53 in the Mountain West.


shadowboxer



Joined: 18 Jul 2008
Posts: 2101



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/11/17 1:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Toledo over NIU, 82-71 in MAC Tourney. 'Bout time!


mzonefan



Joined: 15 Oct 2005
Posts: 2588
Location: Ann Arbor, MI


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/11/17 9:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Long Beach St beat Santa Barbara by a point to take the Big West, 56-55. First trip for LBSU in 25 years.




Last edited by mzonefan on 03/11/17 9:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
mzonefan



Joined: 15 Oct 2005
Posts: 2588
Location: Ann Arbor, MI


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/11/17 9:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Montana State over Idaho State 62-56. First trip in 24 years for MSU.


cthskzfn



Joined: 21 Nov 2004
Posts: 7628
Location: In a world where a dbag like Trump is not president.


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/12/17 4:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#7 seed UNC Asheviile took its first lead w/ 5.5 left and survived 2 at the rim misses by #1 seed Radford in the closing seconds to win the Big South, 49-48.

Radford led 48-41 w/ 5:50 left.



_________________
Silly, stupid white people.
summertime blues



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 3803
Location: Shenandoah Valley


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/12/17 6:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
#7 seed UNC Asheviile took its first lead w/ 5.5 left and survived 2 at the rim misses by #1 seed Radford in the closing seconds to win the Big South, 49-48.

Radford led 48-41 w/ 5:50 left.


This is an example of why I hate tournaments as the qualifier. Radford has worked their butts off all season and won the conference, but that only counts for a P5.



_________________
Don't take life so serious. It ain't nohows permanent.
It takes 3 years to build a team and 7 to build a program.
Howee



Joined: 27 Nov 2009
Posts: 10371
Location: Oklahoma (in my heart)


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/13/17 12:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
#7 seed UNC Asheviile took its first lead w/ 5.5 left and survived 2 at the rim misses by #1 seed Radford in the closing seconds to win the Big South, 49-48.

Radford led 48-41 w/ 5:50 left.


This is an example of why I hate tournaments as the qualifier. Radford has worked their butts off all season and won the conference, but that only counts for a P5.


Is it your presumption that UNC Asheville did NOT work their butts off this season? Shocked I have no doubt UNC Asheville is grateful for the opportunity, just as the Radford kids are devastated. This scene has played itself out in numerous conferences this year. Ask UALR, UCDavis, Central MI, or Colorado State.



_________________
Oklahoma: Go Sooners!

<--Maddie Manning, Sooner Extraordinaire
summertime blues



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 3803
Location: Shenandoah Valley


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/13/17 10:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
#7 seed UNC Asheviile took its first lead w/ 5.5 left and survived 2 at the rim misses by #1 seed Radford in the closing seconds to win the Big South, 49-48.

Radford led 48-41 w/ 5:50 left.


This is an example of why I hate tournaments as the qualifier. Radford has worked their butts off all season and won the conference, but that only counts for a P5.


Is it your presumption that UNC Asheville did NOT work their butts off this season? Shocked I have no doubt UNC Asheville is grateful for the opportunity, just as the Radford kids are devastated. This scene has played itself out in numerous conferences this year. Ask UALR, UCDavis, Central MI, or Colorado State.


When a #7 goes to the NCAA as a conference representative, it usually means they were in 7th place in the conference. UNCA may have worked their butts off during the season, but it doesn't mean they were very good, and it also means that they probably won't represent the conference very well. I think that's kind of a disgrace. Had they been a #2 or a #3 seed, I would feel more than a little different, but a team with a .576 average, 19-14 record? There's something kinda wrong about that. And for sure they will be a 16 seed and get their butts kicked--but oh well, they can go home and brag, "we made it to the NCAA." But they really pretty much just aren't that good and really shouldn't be there and Radford should, IMNSHO.



_________________
Don't take life so serious. It ain't nohows permanent.
It takes 3 years to build a team and 7 to build a program.


Last edited by summertime blues on 03/13/17 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
FrozenLVFan



Joined: 08 Jul 2014
Posts: 381



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/13/17 12:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UALR, at 24-8 (losses to Green Bay, Okla, TAMU, Miss St, LSU) and RPI=48, is an even better poster child for giving the automatic bid to the regular season winner. At least they have a history of winning a couple of first round games. I can't see Troy, who lost to UALR twice in the regular season, making it out of the first round. I know conferences like their tourneys, but wouldn't they be better served by sending their best team to the NCAAT?


Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin