RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#1 Oregon St vs #2 Stanford - 3/05/17
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 03/05/17 4:31 am    ::: #1 Oregon St vs #2 Stanford - 3/05/17 Reply Reply with quote

Pac-12 Tournament Championship
Seattle, WA - 9:00 PM ET

TV: ESPN2

Video:
http://www.espn.com/watchespn/index

Live stats:
http://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/scoreboard

http://www.statbroadcast.com/events/conference.php?id=p12

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 03/06/17 10:50 am; edited 2 times in total
cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 03/05/17 6:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This gonna be a first to 57 wins barnburner?

PostPosted: 03/05/17 7:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

At halftime of MD-Purdue Creme said he has Stanford as the #2 seed in Bridgeport and they would play at #7 seed, and he has Tennessee there right now.

Tenn has a great fan base, it stinks that the 2 seed will have to play on their home court. In all of Northern Cal's D1-D3 universities, none can let Stanford use the gym? If the ACC can hold a conference tourney at a small gym, can't Stanford play 1 game at maybe a large HS gym or small college gym?

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/05/17 8:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Durantula wrote:
At halftime of MD-Purdue Creme said he has Stanford as the #2 seed in Bridgeport and they would play at #7 seed, and he has Tennessee there right now.

Tenn has a great fan base, it stinks that the 2 seed will have to play on their home court. In all of Northern Cal's D1-D3 universities, none can let Stanford use the gym? If the ACC can hold a conference tourney at a small gym, can't Stanford play 1 game at maybe a large HS gym or small college gym?

reportedly they tried nearby sites and none would agree to do it. I think there is a minimum requirement so a HS gym wouldn't work. Pretty sure it had to be a D1. But if you were a 2 seed, would you rather have Tenn as your 'host' or any other 7 seed out there? If the committee really does that to us, they are evil. (The other options according to Creme are Temple and Creighton. Give us either one please)

- Amanda Gorman
Durantula

PostPosted: 03/05/17 8:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Durantula wrote:

reportedly they tried nearby sites and none would agree to do it. I think there is a minimum requirement so a HS gym wouldn't work. Pretty sure it had to be a D1. But if you were a 2 seed, would you rather have Tenn as your 'host' or any other 7 seed out there? If the committee really does that to us, they are evil. (The other options according to Creme are Temple and Creighton. Give us either one please)

I'd rather play Temple. I haven't seen Creighton but those Nebraska teams really have great fan bases. Creighton would probably show up in big numbers. Its just rough because Tennessee has more talent than any team seeded that low that I can remember.

I'm shocked a team like San Jose State has no space. When their season is over what is the gym being used for? No graduations and things like that at that time of the year. Its just really unfair.

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/05/17 8:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Durantula wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Durantula wrote:

I'd rather play Temple. I haven't seen Creighton but those Nebraska teams really have great fan bases. Creighton would probably show up in big numbers. Its just rough because Tennessee has more talent than any team seeded that low that I can remember.

I'm shocked a team like San Jose State has no space. When their season is over what is the gym being used for? No graduations and things like that at that time of the year. Its just really unfair.

yeah, if I had to choose, it would be Temple. But that would also be because it would likely NOT be Bridgeport! Cool And watching them play, they just don't look all that great. Creighton would be ok though. We've played in front of large hostile crowds...that's not so bad. But a large hostile Tenn. crowd with a Tenn team that could (on a good night) beat just about anybody, and who play immensely better at home, and who are very athletic (just the kind of team we struggle with)? No, just no. If a team has done what it needs to do to become a two seed, that just seems unfair.

- Amanda Gorman
Durantula

PostPosted: 03/05/17 8:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Part of it I don't like is Tennessee has just underachieved so much. For them to be gifted the chance to host is just rewarding an immensely talented team for underachieving. I'd rather reward a non Power 5 team like Creighton.

Durantula

PostPosted: 03/05/17 9:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What were they picking up off the floor right before the tip? Players were picking something up

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/05/17 9:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

how refreshing to have a non-Mary Murphy announcing team!

- Amanda Gorman
Durantula

PostPosted: 03/05/17 9:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I really like how Oregon State defends screens. Always forcing the ball handler to an area where there is help, like on the baseline when the post is sitting right there. Sounds like they know tendencies, which players can't go one direction well, etc.

Durantula

PostPosted: 03/05/17 9:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oregon State is 4-4 shooting, up 9-3 with 6:54 left in the 1st.

dinkytown

PostPosted: 03/05/17 9:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Everyone hitting for OSU. Wiese hasn't even attempted a shot yet.

Durantula

PostPosted: 03/05/17 9:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

16-3 Oregon State Shocked

tfan

PostPosted: 03/05/17 9:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I want Mary or the other women the Pac-12 usually uses. My first reaction was "where did they get these guys from?" This play-by-play guy does women's volleyball and I am not a fan of his gabbiness.

It's Tara's last Pac-12 tournament game. Her players should go out swinging.

toad455

PostPosted: 03/05/17 9:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stanford can't buy a shot right now while the Beavers are hitting everything.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
myrtle

PostPosted: 03/05/17 9:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
I want Mary or the other women the Pac-12 usually uses. My first reaction was "where did they get these guys from?" This play-by-play guy does women's volleyball and I am not a fan of his gabbiness.

I love having an announcer who actually does the game instead of gabbing about irrelevant stuff.

Tara has not announced her retirement.

If Stanford plays like this, they deserve to play at Tennessee.

- Amanda Gorman
cthskzfn

PostPosted: 03/05/17 9:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
how refreshing to have a non-Mary Murphy announcing team!

50x!_________________

PostPosted: 03/05/17 9:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:

Wait, what!? Shocked

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 03/05/17 9:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Durantula wrote:
Its just really unfair.

It may be a lot of things, but I don't see how "unfair" is one of them . It's not like this is a surprise to anyone. Stanford knew the dates, they knew the hosting system, they knew they would likely be a top four seed, when they nonetheless decided to volunteer their facility for gymnastics.

It sucks for the WBB players and fans, but the only party Stanford has to blame is Stanford. They made a choice.

I assume they made more money hosting gymnastics. Their own school sold out the WBB team.

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 03/05/17 9:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is not last year and the PAC12 isn't the best conf.

I don't care what any formula says.

This game is almost the white girl SEC.

Granted, the coaching is light years better, but the talent is lacking.

Last edited by cthskzfn on 03/05/17 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
tfan

PostPosted: 03/05/17 9:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:

Hmmm... for some reason I thought she had announced this was her last season.

tfan

PostPosted: 03/05/17 9:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dinkytown wrote:
tfan wrote:

Wait, what!? Shocked

I thought she was retiring and "swinging" was metaphorically speaking.

dinkytown

PostPosted: 03/05/17 9:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
myrtle wrote:

Hmmm... for some reason I thought she had announced this was her last season.

The Stanford volleyball coach (John Dunning) recently retired... maybe that's it.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/05/17 9:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So many bank shots at the buzzer - all weekend!

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
cthskzfn

PostPosted: 03/05/17 9:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I hope that Wiese 3 isn't instrumental to the final score.

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: