RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Muffett in championship games

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
acsuc99

PostPosted: 04/08/19 6:36 pm    ::: Muffett in championship games Reply Reply with quote

Muff is 2-6 in the championship. If Mississippi State didn't blow their lead it'd be 1-6. And the Purdue win in 2001 also was a squeaker 68-66.

Is she too busy dancing an Irish jig on Geno's grave after winning in the semi's to get her team ready for the big one? They celebrated on Friday night as if they'd never been there.

If ND doesn't have that disastrous start, the Cox injury gives them the championship.

CBiebel

PostPosted: 04/08/19 7:10 pm    ::: Re: Muffett in championship games Reply Reply with quote

acsuc99 wrote:
Muff is 2-6 in the championship. If Mississippi State didn't blow their lead it'd be 1-6. And the Purdue win in 2001 also was a squeaker 68-66.

Is she too busy dancing an Irish jig on Geno's grave after winning in the semi's to get her team ready for the big one? They celebrated on Friday night as if they'd never been there.

If ND doesn't have that disastrous start, the Cox injury gives them the championship.

So you are saying that championships only matter if they aren't close games?

Also, it's 2-5, not 2-6. I know you hate ND, but that doesn't mean that you can give them more losses than they have.

Some context for those losses.

2011: Basically a back and forth game between two teams that hadn't expected to be there. It was just that the game ended while A&M was up.
2012: Brittany Griner on a 40-0 team.
2014: Against an undefeated UConn when Achonwa was out with an ACL
2015:10 point loss to UConn with Stewart & Co.
2019: Came down to the last second. Only the second Championship to be by 1 point.

Really, the only ones that really hurt (in the "We should have had that one" way) were 2011 and 2019.

Of course, 2 NCAA Championhip wins is more than all but 6 other programs (UConn, UT, La Tech, Baylor, Southern Cal, and Stanford). Yet here you are acting like it's a disgrace!

How arrogant are you as a UConn fan!

You're upset because McGraw was dancing after winning a Final Four game against her main rival? Really? Do you understand that while Auriemma might not do it, many people actually like to celebrate after a big win that gets them to the Championship game, regardless of how many times they've been there?

Auburn was 0-3 in Championship games. UGA was 0-2. I'm sure Landers would have loved to be 2-5 in them. In fact, I'd bet all but 3 coaches would have preferred that (Summitt, Auriemma, and Mulkey obviously being the exceptions. While VanDerveer has 2 wins, she's only made it 4 times instead of McGraw's 7 (although she's made the FF more than McGraw)).

BTW, I guess using your logic, we probably shouldn't count UConn's 2001 BET win because after all, it was in a squeaker that was won on a last second basket... Wink

acsuc99

PostPosted: 04/08/19 7:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LOL I do admit the Irish jig irked me and my pain was only eased when they lost

I do think she is a great coach. Not sure they ever played their best in these titles games. But it is hard to win a title.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: