RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

If you happen to be a Stones fan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 02/24/17 12:45 pm    ::: If you happen to be a Stones fan Reply Reply with quote

or even if you're not, you owe it to yourself to pick up the Havana Moon set.

It's the best performance I've heard from the Rolling Stones, whether live, recording, TV, movie, whatever, in several decades.

They gave this performance last year in Havana, Cuba, outdoors in front of 1.2 Million people.

Not bad for a bunch of guys in their 70s who have been doing this for 55 years.

Unlike McCartney and Daltrey, among others, Jagger hasn't lost his voice.

This set is remarkably good. As far as I can tell, it comes either as DVDs of the video of the live concert plus 2 music cds of the same show, or Blu Rays plus cds. (It's only a couple of dollars difference; why would people buy the dvds rather than the blu rays?)

They are showing the film of the Havana concert on Starz this month as well. (AXSTV is also showing this month the documentary movie from a few years ago Crossfire Hurricane about the early years of the Stones, which is pretty well done and interesting.)

I have the Starz showing on the DVR and decided to pick up the blu ray set, which just arrived via Amazon.

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 02/27/17 11:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Let it be known that McCartney had more voice than all those mentioned combined to lose. Wink

PostPosted: 02/27/17 12:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
Let it be known that McCartney had more voice than all those mentioned combined to lose. Wink

Probably, but he doesn't have it any more. He should strike Let it Be, Maybe I'm Amazed, and The Long and Winding Road from his performance list.

Interesting that Ringo, the worst singing Beatle, seems to have more range and better tone than McCartney today.

StevenHW

PostPosted: 02/27/17 3:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

Probably, but he doesn't have it any more. He should strike Let it Be, Maybe I'm Amazed, and The Long and Winding Road from his performance list.

Interesting that Ringo, the worst singing Beatle, seems to have more range and better tone than McCartney today.

Perhaps because Ringo doesn't sing as often as Paul does. Also, Ringo's solo songs do not require him to stretch out his limited vocal range.

PostPosted: 02/27/17 7:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

StevenHW wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

Perhaps because Ringo doesn't sing as often as Paul does. Also, Ringo's solo songs do not require him to stretch out his limited vocal range.

They sang together a year or so ago at some televised event. A Little Help From My Friends, perhaps, IIRC? Anyhow, Ringo was far more on key than was Paul.

Hey, they're getting old. Not unusual to lose ones voice.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: