RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Who won the trade?

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who won the three team trade?
Indiana Fever
10%
 10%  [ 5 ]
Phoenix Mercury
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
Connecticut Sun
63%
 63%  [ 29 ]
Each team won equally
15%
 15%  [ 7 ]
Neither teams won the trade
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
other
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 46

Author Message
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 14033



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/22/17 9:40 am    ::: Who won the trade? Reply Reply with quote

Indiana gets Candice Dupree & the #17 pick, loses Lynetta Kizer & the #8 pick.
Connecticut gets Lynetta Kizer & the #8 pick, loses Camille Little & Jillian Alleyne.
Phoenix gets Camille Little & Jillian Alleyne, loses Candice Dupree & the #17 pick.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Michelle89



Joined: 17 Nov 2010
Posts: 14303
Location: Holland


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/22/17 9:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Pretty easy to say. Sun win this trade. If they hadnt cored Little she would have walked for nothing.



_________________
"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 5695



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/22/17 9:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Connecticut,unless indy makes a trade for a center.


fanaticka



Joined: 02 Dec 2011
Posts: 78
Location: Czech Republic


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/22/17 11:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I go with Phoenix, unless Bonner decides to sit as a result. Dupree was so uninterested last year. If Bonner sits out, the trade is a debacle for Phoenix.


Ay Mate



Joined: 12 Nov 2016
Posts: 763



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/22/17 11:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Sun easily. They only really lost Camille Little since Jillian Alleyne was injured and missed the entire season. She never played a game with the Sun.

These players are most likely a lock...
PG - J Thomas/Banham
SG - Bentley/Williams
SF - A Thomas/Tuck/Stricklen
PF - Jones/Gray/Ogwumike (injured)
C - Kizer
This only leaves 1 spot left. Is Chiney counting towards the roster again this season? Probably. Stricklen can switch to the #2 spot if needed I guess.

They need a backup center the most (Hamson or Pedersen?)
They need another guard (Faris, Hightower, Torrens if she ever decides to come?)

How much of a guarantee is it that Reshanda Gray makes the roster? Stricklen is still under contract I think, so I think she makes the final roster.

All these players also have to compete against the 8th draft pick for that final spot. Who is projected to go 8th in the draft?


Ay Mate



Joined: 12 Nov 2016
Posts: 763



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/22/17 11:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

fanaticka wrote:
I go with Phoenix, unless Bonner decides to sit as a result. Dupree was so uninterested last year. If Bonner sits out, the trade is a debacle for Phoenix.


Rumor has it that Bonner is sitting out 2017 for a personal reason.


toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 14033



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/22/17 11:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I see Hamson as the back-up center. The #8 pick should be a post to fill in until Ogwumike returns.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Queenie



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 15032
Location: Queens


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/22/17 12:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
fanaticka wrote:
I go with Phoenix, unless Bonner decides to sit as a result. Dupree was so uninterested last year. If Bonner sits out, the trade is a debacle for Phoenix.


Rumor has it that Bonner is sitting out 2017 for a personal reason.


Shopping for a new Sherman? Wink



_________________
If you can't see, stand up.

If you think it's too loud, you're not loud enough.
Ay Mate



Joined: 12 Nov 2016
Posts: 763



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/22/17 12:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
fanaticka wrote:
I go with Phoenix, unless Bonner decides to sit as a result. Dupree was so uninterested last year. If Bonner sits out, the trade is a debacle for Phoenix.


Rumor has it that Bonner is sitting out 2017 for a personal reason.


Shopping for a new Sherman? Wink


Maybe I'm stupid but I don't get your reference. Lol


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 43701



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/22/17 1:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
Queenie wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
fanaticka wrote:
I go with Phoenix, unless Bonner decides to sit as a result. Dupree was so uninterested last year. If Bonner sits out, the trade is a debacle for Phoenix.


Rumor has it that Bonner is sitting out 2017 for a personal reason.


Shopping for a new Sherman? Wink


Maybe I'm stupid but I don't get your reference. Lol


PHX is tanking seems to be the implication.

But they did score Robinson though, so it shows some kind of win-now effort.

Isn't AZ a very conservative demographic, so maybe they didn't like a openly married teammates situation? Grasping for a theory here, because I don't believe Little is worth getting rid of a proven Dupree (especially at the risk of losing Bonner), and Dupree said she was surprised she didn't retire a Mercury so it's not like she requested a trade.

I know there was Taurasi/Taylor coupling, but they were very private as far as I could see.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 14033



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/22/17 1:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Phoenix tanking will only be clear if Griner sits out this season, too. Otherwise Phoenix with Griner, Taurasi, etc. will still be better than Dallas, San Antonio, Connecticut & Atlanta.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Michelle89



Joined: 17 Nov 2010
Posts: 14303
Location: Holland


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/22/17 3:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Phoenix tanking will only be clear if Griner sits out this season, too. Otherwise Phoenix with Griner, Taurasi, etc. will still be better than Dallas, San Antonio, Connecticut & Atlanta.


Yeah the combination of Griner, DT and Drob will still be better then some other teams



_________________
"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
shontay33



Joined: 01 Jun 2006
Posts: 233



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/22/17 6:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I will judge who wins the trade a few games into the season because teams still have to gel.


sportsfan48



Joined: 17 Nov 2004
Posts: 1081



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/25/17 1:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
Queenie wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
fanaticka wrote:
I go with Phoenix, unless Bonner decides to sit as a result. Dupree was so uninterested last year. If Bonner sits out, the trade is a debacle for Phoenix.


Rumor has it that Bonner is sitting out 2017 for a personal reason.


Shopping for a new Sherman? Wink


Maybe I'm stupid but I don't get your reference. Lol


PHX is tanking seems to be the implication.

But they did score Robinson though, so it shows some kind of win-now effort.

Isn't AZ a very conservative demographic, so maybe they didn't like a openly married teammates situation? Grasping for a theory here, because I don't believe Little is worth getting rid of a proven Dupree (especially at the risk of losing Bonner), and Dupree said she was surprised she didn't retire a Mercury so it's not like she requested a trade.

I know there was Taurasi/Taylor coupling, but they were very private as far as I could see.


Like the Griner/Johnson story had no media coverage. Granted, they weren't on the same team but the key thing in that theory is "conservative demographics". Something I do not believe is a problem for Phoenix. If Phoenix had a problem with openly or even closed relationships, there would have been changes long before this season.

IMO, Phoenix needed to shake up the inside and Griner wasn't an option for trade. Dupree was the default. In order for all these trades to be good for Phoenix they will need to see solid production out of Bone and Little as well as DROB. What I see Phoenix trying to do is make themselves stronger defensively and, who knows, might work in their favor. If Bonner sits out, I don't think it would have anything to do with this trade. I don't think she has played overseas this season and maybe she just needs a rest.


Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin