RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Liberal commentator Alan Colmes, R.I.P.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StevenHW

PostPosted: 02/23/17 7:39 pm    ::: Liberal commentator Alan Colmes, R.I.P. Reply Reply with quote

The former co-host of Fox News' "Hannity & Colmes" talk-show, has passed away at age 66.

According to his wife Jocelyn Crowley (the sister of commentator Monica Crowley), the cause of Colmes' death was lymphoma.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/alan-colmes-co-host-of-hannity-and-colmes-and-liberal-in-lions-den-of-fox-news-dies-at-66/2017/02/23/e95ddfae-f9d9-11e6-be05-1a3817ac21a5_story.html

Quote:
Mr. Colmes gamely endured withering criticism from the left, which saw him as the Fox News token liberal. Some critics perceived betrayal in his presence on the channel, founded by Roger Ailes and Rupert Murdoch, to counterbalance what many conservatives view as left-wing bias in other news outlets.

Mr. Colmes’s loudest detractors included Al Franken, the comedian turned Democratic U.S. senator from Minnesota, who skewered Mr. Colmes in his book "Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them: A Fair and Balanced Look at the Right" (2003). Franken derided Mr. Colmes as Hannity’s “liberal on-air punching bag” and “the lone Washington General,” a reference to the perennial losers to the Harlem Globetrotters.

PostPosted: 02/24/17 12:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Poor guy. He DID have a past in stand-up comedy, so one could (sorta?) forgive his feeble role with Hannity, but he certainly did little/no good in that role.

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 02/24/17 9:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Poor guy. He DID have a past in stand-up comedy, so one could (sorta?) forgive his feeble role with Hannity, but he certainly did little/no good in that role.

Amen. He was worthless there.

I've listened to his show a few times over the past year or so, mostly to hear the bullshit Trump assholes would spew. One thing about AC, he would entertain antagonistic callers.

No idea he was ill.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: