RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Wiggins: WNBA's 'harmful' culture of bullying, jealousy
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

View previous topic :: View next topic  
coffy73

PostPosted: 02/27/18 7:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
We need to just ignore this woman. Her feelings are hurt because her career goals were left unfulfilled. She was a part of the 2008 draft that featured both Fowles and Parker at the top of the draft. Those women became superstars in the league while she was forced to retire at 30 because no one wanted her. She wants to blame other people besides herself for not becoming a superstar player.

Yeah, she was a big star at Stanford and thought that was gonna continue in the pros; it didn't and she became bitter towards a league that gave her opportunities to play. There aren't millions that look up to her and there's a piece of the "my ego is hurt" puzzle that goes along with the story. I just hate that she is giving the W haters what they want, but she knows that, which is why she's trying to hurt the league in this way. I guess this is her way of making money, but she really needs to let go of her bitterness and jealousy at those who did become stars in the league.

Randy

PostPosted: 02/27/18 7:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She seems like a pretty typical "disgruntled ex-employee" which many businesses and organizations have. The thing about players "using their platform" is that it can do both good and harm.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Page 11 of 11

Jump to: