RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Spies Keep Intelligence From Donald Trump on Leak Concerns

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 02/16/17 7:57 am    ::: Spies Keep Intelligence From Donald Trump on Leak Concerns Reply Reply with quote

https://www.wsj.com/articles/spies-keep-intelligence-from-donald-trump-1487209351

Quote:
U.S. intelligence officials have withheld sensitive intelligence from President Donald Trump because they are concerned it could be leaked or compromised

PostPosted: 02/16/17 8:05 am    ::: Re: Spies Keep Intelligence From Donald Trump on Leak Concer Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
https://www.wsj.com/articles/spies-keep-intelligence-from-donald-trump-1487209351

Quote:
U.S. intelligence officials have withheld sensitive intelligence from President Donald Trump because they are concerned it could be leaked or compromised

I saw that, but my first thought was aren't they the folks who are doing the leaking right now, not Trump and company? I have a feeling they are withholding for other reasons, like maybe they don't trust how he will respond to it.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 02/16/17 11:25 am    ::: Re: Spies Keep Intelligence From Donald Trump on Leak Concer Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
pilight wrote:

Quote:

I saw that, but my first thought was aren't they the folks who are doing the leaking right now, not Trump and company? I have a feeling they are withholding for other reasons, like maybe they don't trust how he will respond to it.

Trump blames the intelligence agencies for the leaks. It's more likely the leaks are in his own White House.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 02/16/17 11:25 am    ::: Re: Spies Keep Intelligence From Donald Trump on Leak Concer Reply Reply with quote

Duplicate

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 02/16/17 3:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I remember when Chump was all for wikileaks.

(and russian whore leaks, but that....)

PostPosted: 02/16/17 3:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Trump wants criminal investigations of leaks.

Nixon couldn't stop leaks by his closest White House advisors about Watergate. And he had a far more unified and professional staff.

The likelihood of Trump plugging all the leaks is less than the likelihood that he had the biggest inauguration crowds in history.

And in the Pentagon Papers case the Supreme Court held that once the press has the information, even classified information, it has a First Amendment right to publish it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: