RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Let the impeachment begin
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 02/02/20 12:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:

This image is fake, a Photoshop, intended for those with Trump Derangement Syndrome who have little ability to discern actual facts from corruptly biased and phony social media memes.

Politifact

Snopes

The problem for US Democracy and US jurisprudence are Trump supporters "who have little ability to discern actual facts from corruptly biased and phony social media memes" as well as outright lies spoken by Trump, the Trump Administration, and FOX News.

PostPosted: 02/02/20 1:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
tfan wrote:
Shades wrote:
tfan wrote:

If a wall is xenophobic then having a border patrol is xenophobic

Okay, we have a border patrol. Why do we a monument to the Idiot in Chief?

We have tens of millions of illegal aliens who made it past the border patrol.

Oh really? Who’s counting? You said we can’t possibly count all the drugs that make it through the open border, but you have an accurate count on the immigrants. You’re just using the standard Russian twitter bot estimates for fear mongering purposes. There’s less documentation in your posts than there are in Trump golf course workers.

I didn't give an exact number so you are incorrectly using the term "accurate count". Can you rephrase it so it is a valid question? But there are 13 states, Washington DC and Puerto Rico who give drivers licenses to illegal aliens. So we have a good idea how many are in those areas and can extrapolate. We don't have similar situation where we allow drug runners to come forward and get some perk in border states as they are moving back and forth.

Quote:
tfan wrote:
We could get most of them to leave and others stop coming if we punished their employers - but neither party wants to punish employers for hiring illegal workers instead of Americans.

You expect Trump to punish himself? He won’t even come clean about extorting the Ukraine.

Trump may not want to punish the rich who hire illegal aliens because he is one of them. But I didn't just say Trump - it is virtually all the people in the house and senate. It was also Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush and Obama.

Quote:
Here’s a novel approach. Instead of locking out people who need to come to America out of economic necessity and treating them like animals to die, how about giving these countries economic assistance and guidance to improve their situations so that these people won’t feel the need to come to America. That’s a better way of spending billions of dollars instead of erecting this worthless monument to Trump. He doesn’t care if the wall will be effective or not. Obviously it won’t be to the point of it being worth it. But he’ll fulfill his campaign promise to his dim-witted base, and he’ll have this divisive monument to himself constructed that Mexico was supposed to pay for. Nobody else will ever construct a monument to him. I think we can all agree on that. I didn’t think Bush could be topped, but Trump is by far is the worst President ever.

They are economic migrants - those wanting to have a better standard of living - not people starving to death who are migrating to stay alive. Even their strongest advocates don't make that claim. You could have asked why Obama locked people up who illegally crossed and why Obama and a Democratic House and Senate didn't pay enough money to Central America that no one would want to come. But you didn't. And again, Congress and the Presidents are in favor of illegal immigration and an illegal workforce. That is because the rich would rather pay illegal wages to illegal workers and Congress and the President work for the rich. Bernie Sanders would be an exception to that but his hands are tied with regard to illegal immigration. If he tried to stop it the left would crucify him.

Both bases are dimwitted. Both parties now serve the rich and the majority of people aren't rich. Trump won because he said a few things - just a few - that appealed to the common man (and got the press calling him a "populist"). Slow down the illegal worker migration and bring jobs back from China. Those two things are what should be no-brainers. Illegal immigration is illegal. And yet Congress and all 21 candidates other than Trump didn't make illegal immigration an issue. Giving China etc. our manufacturing jobs is clearly not in the interest of blue collar workers - and yet only 2 of 22 candidates made it an issue.

Quote:
Oh, and ignoring the science of climate change effects economic immigration. Google it. Learn things.

People are saying that it will increase economic migration and that it has increased Middle Eastern and African migration. I have not seen anything with regard to Latin America.

Quote:
tfan wrote:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/01/16/fact-check-mike-pence-donald-trump-drugs-crossing-southern-border-wall/2591279002/

How would someone know how most drugs are entering the country? Who counts the drugs that got through?

All you have to do is read. This is how you learn. You engaged me to learn, right? You’re not here just to endlessly argue, right?

They are estimating based on where they catch people. They have multiple officers stationary at a port of entry with drug sniffing dogs. Out in the desert, not so much. Not surprising that they catch more people where they are standing around all day with dogs. If there claim is true they sound incompetent - how is the majority of drugs getting through where they claim most of it is coming - and where they are standing around trying to catch it?

Quote:
tfan wrote:
What is a "white nationalist"?

I wanted to say something different, but google it.

Yes I know, there is no good definition of it. It is a weasel term.

Quote:
tfan wrote:
I don't like that he wants immigrants from anywhere. We have too many people as it is.

Sounds xenophobic to me. Is it possible to be even worse than Trump? You love Trump so much that you’re trying to make him not look so bad. It’s not going to work.

Who cares if it sounds xenophobic or not? The vast majority of the world is xenophobic based on the way the term is so widely and indiscriminately used by people like yourself. I am not an ardent Trump supporter, despite your claim. I support the wall (which he whiffed badly on) and China tariffs (it actually should be decreasing quotas). I don't support increased military spending, tax cuts, removing needed regulations and not promoting renewable energy. I am not happy that Trump only mentioned E-verify once or twice and never talks about enforcing immigration law at the workplace by arresting their employers.I am not happy that he continued USA presidential drone assassination and that he chose to ignore the brutal murder of Khashoggi. Not happy that he does whatever Israel wants, including moving an embassy and getting nothing in return.

Quote:
tfan wrote:
But he referred to a developed country with no strife or turmoil versus people from undeveloped countries with strife and turmoil. And all you thought about was race.

These countries being “underdeveloped” has nothing to do with Trump and his spokesperson thinking that whites are inherently superior?

Since they are both greatly inferior economically and non-white, it is impossible to know without being a mind reader.

Quote:
tfan wrote:
He hasn't stopped the practice of Indian firms being given the IT jobs of American firms and the Americans have to train the non-citizen Indian workers before they are laid off or else they get no severance and no unemployment.

This is sounding personal. Looks like we’re getting to the heart of the matter. But I don’t care to hear about how you think immigration has affected you personally. This isn’t about you.

Sounds like a bad guess.

Quote:
tfan wrote:
He hasn't stopped illegal immigration despite all the rhetoric.

Oh, he’s trying, except for those he needs for his own personal use (field workers and future wives). He’s trying his best to curtail legal immigration too, which makes everything worse, but I guess that’s your dream.

He hasn't tried to curtail legal immigration. There was some proposal about shifting it to give more educated workers. That is because the employers are happy about how job export and illegal workers has destroyed blue collar wages, and now they are most concerned with attacking white collar wages.

And he hasn't tried to stop illegal immigration. He hasn't proposed punishing employers and he went two years with a Republican congress and never demanded wall funding. He also never talks about stopping all the people who overstay visas and live here illegally. He is doing every thing those that cherish an illegal workforce want - zippo to stop it.

Quote:
tfan wrote:
Quote:
Where’s that northern border wall? Not worried about drugs up there?

I support a northern wall

Yeah, I believe you. Too many people, not enough walls.

Isn't it great how not wanting a wall has become a new way to virtue signal?

Quote:
tfan wrote:
but I don't think the drug cartels are as strong in Canada. People can get in the SUV and travel around Canada. Mexico, not so much. And the amount of economic migrants is no comparison.

Oh, it’s back to the drugs again. That’s the “real” reason you feel a need for walls, not what you just said that “there are too many people”. Sprinkling in the drugs excuse makes it sound less xenophobic.

Again, I don't have a problem with sounding xenophobic. That's a nonsense word that people like yourself will throw around like the way "Hitler" is used.

Quote:
But look, I’m done with you. You’re just bored and looking for people to endlessly argue with. You just kicked up a 4-mo old argument in the WNBA section as evidence. It’s unlikely you’ll change your views. I’m definitely not buying into your BS. I’m not wasting anymore time on you.

You said that before and broke your promise. And the thread you reference is where a guy decided to argue with me about my comment that (in watching the game) Coates looked as strong as McCowan - by only looking at the box score, not the game. Can I assume you have told him he likes to argue? And I would say I like to debate, not argue. You like to make personal attacks as in the post I am replying to, which makes it less pleasant, but I still feel you deserve the courtesy of a reply.

sambista

PostPosted: 02/03/20 2:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

oh, my god. adam schiff. a speech (argument) for all time.

write him in now as president.

PostPosted: 02/03/20 3:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PostPosted: 02/03/20 5:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

....not certain I *get* the above.... Question

PostPosted: 02/03/20 5:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:

The president tweeted congratulations to the Chiefs for winning the Super Bowl and said they should be proud of the way they represented Kansas

PostPosted: 02/03/20 5:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Howee wrote:

The president tweeted congratulations to the Chiefs for winning the Super Bowl and said they should be proud of the way they represented Kansas

Laughing Laughing Laughing Thank you for that. Gotta love Greta.

PostPosted: 02/03/20 9:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Genero36 wrote:

Laughing

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Shades

PostPosted: 02/03/20 10:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Howee wrote:

How can anybody defend the outright stupidity of this man?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Genero36

PostPosted: 02/05/20 8:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PostPosted: 02/05/20 8:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<embed><iframe width="875" height="492" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/I5D3iT4BhbQ" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5D3iT4BhbQ

PostPosted: 02/05/20 9:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PostPosted: 02/05/20 9:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PostPosted: 02/05/20 9:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PostPosted: 02/05/20 2:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PostPosted: 02/05/20 3:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Genero36 wrote:

I sure hope that someone kept those torn up sheets of paper so that they can go into the Smithsonian as a symbol that not everyone kissed his sad, treasonous ass.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 02/05/20 3:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Genero36 wrote:

Get 'im, Nancy!!!!!!!

I've got to add that to my signature!!

Howee

PostPosted: 02/05/20 5:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Genero36 wrote:

....and then he DIDN'T. Razz

PostPosted: 02/05/20 5:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Genero36 wrote:

He was for it before he was against it

PostPosted: 02/05/20 5:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Genero36 wrote:

USAToday says he voted to convict on the first one. Is that wrong?

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 02/05/20 6:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Romney voted guilty on article one, abuse of power, and not guilty on article two, obstruction of congress.
Howee

PostPosted: 02/05/20 6:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
Romney voted guilty on article one, abuse of power, and not guilty on article two, obstruction of congress.

Yes, that's it....I missed his *split* vote there. Razz

PostPosted: 02/05/20 9:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Romney was the only Republican, of 247, in the House (impeachment) and Senate (trial) to vote against Trump on either article of impeachment. He's also the only Senator in the history of the Senate to vote guilty on any article of impeachment against a president who was a member of his or her own party.

With three exceptions in the House and one in the Senate, the impeachment and trial proceedings were entirely partisan. Exactly what Hamilton warned against in Federalist 65. And entirely predictable.
tfan

PostPosted: 02/05/20 11:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
I mean how many people would want to leave a nation blessed with so much great poutine for one where it's hard to find? If anything it's Canada who should be securing that border!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/OxYPJ3aUnWE" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 02/06/20 2:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

^ Nice Laughing

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43  Next
Page 40 of 43

Jump to: